Honda NSX

Cars Honda NSX 3.6.5

Login or Register an account to download this content
Some of the replies on here make me angry. This NSX is perfect. I owned one for 6 years and the handling is totally representative. The interior/ exterior updates are perfect and for the me, the sound is absolutely fine. Don't change it for the few trolls who clearly have too much time on their hands during the lockdown.
Well, I'm not 100% on the bumpstops. Gonna wait for some measurements. Not surprised if the front has a bit more stroke. Not surprised if it remains unchanged. It's a fairly subtle difference and I don't think most NSX owners would have pushed enough to see the difference.

Anyway, physically these are the only cars I've made where I'm fairly confident the suspension is within parameters.

Some of the replies on here make me angry. This NSX is perfect. I owned one for 6 years and the handling is totally representative. The interior/ exterior updates are perfect and for the me, the sound is absolutely fine. Don't change it for the few trolls who clearly have too much time on their hands during the lockdown.
Angry is a bit harsh of an emotion don't you think? Release something publicly and expect criticism. Of course there will be trolls, but in this instance I think not. I could be wrong but I think the people who have commented on the sound actually really enjoy this mod and care about it? @Some1 knows what he is doing and so does @Modek , it is in good hands. Making assumptions that people are trolling because of lockdown is a bit petty don't you think? Or is that also the reason why you are so uptight, too much time on your hands and nowhere to vent your frustration? ;) Sorry couldn't resist, take care.

Eh, let's keep this thing constructive...

Drive the cars, post screenshots etc :p
Wouldn't want to spam your thread with screenshots but since you asked here is just one I really like of many :laugh:

Screenshot_some1_honda_nsx_r_1994_cadwell_park_18-1-121-13-58-27.jpg

Beautiful car, beautiful track :inlove:

NA1-97.jpg

When "[HEADER] VERSION=extended-2" is used in car.ini -- FFMULT=3.500 has to be "FFMULT=1.800" to have the full range without clipping. Also there is no
[_EXTENSION]
RAIN_DEV=1
so dynamic track grip in the wet is not applied. Maybe you meant that on purpose as the CSP code in that part needs more optimization not to cause lagging. Still for those with powerful PhysX cards it may be of interest. You might consider releasing the data.acd files in two variants - one for vanilla and other for CSP, switchable by in-place extracting from small archives in the car's folder.

Internal mirror has RainFX all over
Screenshot_some1_honda_nsx_1991_ahvenisto_18-1-121-18-20-5.jpg

Mesh needs to be non-transparent
Screenshot_some1_honda_nsx_1991_ahvenisto_18-1-121-18-18-19.jpg

[SHADER_REPLACEMENT_...]
MESHES = cpit_x_rhd_SUB9
IS_TRANSPARENT = 0

As you see, lods are rendered in the mirror so - yes, the prettier ones are needed.

I can see and feel the effort you put in this set of cars. Thank you and don't hold a grudge for this.

Last edited:
View attachment 446720

When "[HEADER] VERSION=extended-2" is used in car.ini -- FFMULT=3.500 has to be "FFMULT=1.800" to have the full range without clipping. Also there is no
[_EXTENSION]
RAIN_DEV=1
so dynamic track grip in the wet is not applied. Maybe you meant that on purpose as the CSP code in that part needs more optimization not to cause lagging. Still for those with powerful PhysX cards it may be of interest. You might consider releasing the data.acd files in two variants - one for vanilla and other for CSP, switchable by in-place extracting from small archives in the car's folder.

View attachment 446735
View attachment 446734
[SHADER_REPLACEMENT_...]
MESHES = cpit_x_rhd_SUB9
IS_TRANSPARENT = 0

As you see, lods are rendered in the mirror so - yes, the prettier ones are needed.

I can see and feel the effort you put in this set of cars. Thank you and don't hold a grudge for this.
Install CSP 0.1.72+ and turn on SAT fix and gyro fix. The car is devved for the steering alignment fix and gyro fix. Maybe you are on 0.1.68 that had a different reference tire for the SAT and is much stiffer. We told you in the install instructions.

I'm not devving for rain, it does not work properly currently and I don't have a patreon build. Rain support will come whenever there is proper functionality and if I care, but you can go implement it yourself privately.

View attachment 446720

[_EXTENSION]
RAIN_DEV=1

View attachment 446735
View attachment 446734
[SHADER_REPLACEMENT_...]
MESHES = cpit_x_rhd_SUB9
IS_TRANSPARENT = 0

I don't have the patreon build with rain, so I was unable to test it.
As for the LODs, I remember somewhere was an option to toggle witch LODs are used for AIs and mirror, no?

Install CSP 0.1.72+ and turn on SAT fix and gyro fix. The car is devved for the steering alignment fix and gyro fix. Maybe you are on 0.1.68 that had a different reference tire for the SAT and is much stiffer. We told you in the install instructions.

I'm not devving for rain, it does not work properly currently and I don't have a patreon build. Rain support will come whenever there is proper functionality and if I care, but you can go implement it yourself privately.
+1 about the rain support. I think we will take a closer look when rain is in the public build.

Also I'm not gonna make vanilla physics for the car. I'm not making anymore vanilla physics to begin with. The physics are not vanilla; they use various CSP features.

First off, take a look at this so that we are on the same page. I'm going to assume you're speaking from years of looking at real-time heating data, but for reference, this is one of my main sources.

In terms of unrecoverable slides, not sure what you mean. Make sure you have a wheel capable of outputting the same kind of force and rotation angle as the real car, otherwise it can be a hardware limitation and not inherently bound to the physics.

In terms of lateral load sensitivity, what car exactly are you talking about? The 1992 car and 1994 car have a different tire stagger. If you've only ever driven 1994+ cars, which most of the NSXs are, you might never have experienced one with the early small stagger.

It's not impossible that the rear compounds are somewhat more grippy IRL than what I made them, but I couldn't see any noticeable discrepancy when comparing to footage. I would need more info to make a judgment.
I believe the tyre temp value are good, but grip fade corresponding to temp are a bit too aggressive.
Especially if one approaching or exiting a long, high-speed corner with any slip angle either because of late trail brake or aggressive throttle input, the outside-rear tire gets cooked and faded so fast as if it's hitting a grass patch in mid-corner generating more slip angle -> cook the tire even more and ends in a death loop.
I mean if the contact patch gets heated so much beyond optimum level, some of those materials would peel off the thread and exposing intact compound underneath thus maintain "some" grip level instead of whole tire carcass heated up simultaneously. I apology for my terrible english.

I believe the tyre temp value are good, but grip fade corresponding to temp are a bit too aggressive.
Especially if one approaching or exiting a long, high-speed corner with any slip angle either because of late trail brake or aggressive throttle input, the outside-rear tire gets cooked and faded so fast as if it's hitting a grass patch in mid-corner generating more slip angle -> cook the tire even more and ends in a death loop.
I mean if the contact patch gets heated so much beyond optimum level, some of those materials would peel off the thread and exposing intact compound underneath thus maintain "some" grip level instead of whole tire carcass heated up simultaneously. I apology for my terrible english.
Your theory has good basis to it and I've been thinking about it lately after doing some testing on drift cars.

However I can't really control more advanced interactions of the model so a lot of things will have to be baked in and hopefully they will work well. I believe there would need to be some kind of time or slipratio based interaction, because it might not be desirable to just change the heating and cooling of the carcass to lower values to account for only this situation. A situation where the delta_k is quite low needs to also be considered so it's a bit tricky.

One thing I did do is reintroduce a k vs minimum level curve back into the tires, and all my tires. At first I believed it had no basis but after some discussion I came to a similar conclusion as you have here, so I reintroduced it.

There was a speed curve already in place, but I made it a bit progressive and scaling into higher temps. Although the speed is due to shear stresses, level is due in part due to that peeling/chunking effect.

I might also go somewhat up from the minimum 90% value (change the slope after optimum), and perhaps make the slope a progressive one after optimum, somewhat similar to the KS method although with more realistic values.

Currently I'm using this
heatcurves.PNG

For my curves but I wonder if a linear slope is correct. I haven't found a lot of good data.

Thanks for the post.

Thx for reply. Sorry I'm unable to provide you any "numerical" suggestions since I have ZERO knowledge to modding any physics. I tried kunos SM/ST tire on the NSX which makes the car feels really stable and to be honest, dull. But at the same time it did eliminate the so-called "uncontrollable slide". Since your tire behaves perfectly and much more vivid for normal driving (ie. not slide around), I think it's just down to the temp/grip correlation and terrible driver like me can get away with poor weight transfer and inadequate pedal input without always ends up in the tire wall.

Attachments

• Assetto Corsa Screenshot 2021.02.20 - 16.06.42.51.jpg
    Assetto Corsa Screenshot 2021.02.20 - 16.06.42.51.jpg
    742.8 KB · Views: 55
KS tires do have way too aggressive heat grip luts, but they will also basically never heat up to those extremes. Vanilla heating is janky as hell and they like to just stay around optimal basically.

I think some luts just need fine tuning. Driftcar testing suggests a surprisingly low amount of effective grip loss with temp for tires which are not very adhesive. I know they can get up to 450c temps because that's about where the gases released from the tire will set fire. They will still grip quite alright even at that temp and be drivable, compared to the usual half grip or whatever most would put in with a linear relationship logic.

I don't really know what extremely adhesive race tires will do. Maybe they get ruined after 200c, maybe they grip fine, who knows. Probably just somewhat more sensitive relatively, but I would not expect any extremely drastic changes.

For now I raised the minimum a good bit and made the optimal range more wide. Even a 2% grip difference in a dynamic situation is very large and can result in a negative understeer gradient, if the car is balanced like the NSX is. Such a dynamic change never happens with KS heating.

Of course this is for over-temperature. The closer you approach the glass transition, the more grip you will lose when going towards the negative temperatures. I'm still unsure about exactly what kind of numbers they should be making when cold, but it seems reasonable at least just from testing. Perhaps relevant for drifting where the fronts might not heat up so well and perhaps would maintain an under-optimal temperature.

Latest News

What brands would you like to see with more engagement in simracing?

• Ferrari

Votes: 295 36.2%
  • Porsche

Votes: 313 38.5%
  • BMW

Votes: 294 36.1%
  • McLaren

Votes: 195 24.0%
  • Toyota

Votes: 304 37.3%
  • Intel

Votes: 100 12.3%