Impressive Performance from Williams Stand In Di Resta in Hungary

The fact that Di Resta last raced in in F1 in 2013 in vastly different cars and the fact that he literally just had no practice at all is amazing. I guess Williams should have called you up.:rolleyes:

Not responding to you. Can I block or ignore on this forum?

edit, now on ignored list. a list of 1

But he came 19th he's a pro driver and reserve driver, look at that Italian who stood in for Pascal.
Giovinazzi got more pre season testing than Pascal, because Pascal injured himself before that. No matter what Di Resta's official position is, he has had no experience in an f1 car since 2014.

To be fair, Stroll isn't exactly a benchmark in my opinion. He's impressed me over the last couple of races as he seemed to up his game in a big way (podium confidence in Canada perhaps?) but I think what's more relevant to this is the capable pace of the car in the hands of Massa which he has proven qualifies within the top ten positions. Fair enough, he won't match Massa straight away but at least should be a few positions down like P12 or P15.

Sorry but P19 isn't impressive for what the car is capable of doing on a regular basis.

To my opinion it was absolutely impressive.
Zero practice, no knowledge of the kers stuff. Much more downforce than he has ever done..

If they would train him a bit he'd beat Stroll easily

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 74 64.3%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 50 43.5%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 49 42.6%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 17 14.8%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 26 22.6%
Back