Initial thoughts

It is good, very very good.
The FFB is informative, driving feel is natural.
I like the UI layout it is easy to navigate with a very clean user friendly presentation.
The setup pages are informative and easy to use.

In full disclosure I am running a mid-low end PC (G4560/1050ti) and in practice alone on track, in sunny conditions with settings down the middle I'm getting 90-100fps.
Frame rates are buttery smooth with no drops in performance noticed.
Running an LG ultra wide 2560x1080 @75mhz.

My one and only notice is the game is whitewashed out, I had to turn down contrast and fiddle with black stabilizer on my monitor.

First impressions: Looks good but very demanding graphics wise and in need of optimization. Whatever settings went 120fps in AMS, rF2 etc immidiately went to 60fps in ACC. My computer just nope'd at rain. Whoever wants this to run on triples with all eye candy on will need the mother of all hardware. My GTX960 is hopelessly overwhelmed.
Drives well, better (easier?) than AC for sure.
Menus look fine. Tbh not a thing I look at, they just need to work.
Sounds are brilliant.
Some bugs here and there (i.e. the waving yellows when there's no need).
Installed fast and without any issues (thank God, that was what I was mostly worried about).

I have been messing with ACC all day. This is something special in the making. The graphics, sound, FFB and physics are all sublime. As a comparison I went back to my fave mod for AC, RSS GT, and run Nurby GP. FFB now feels much less impressie than it used to, AC1 is more shakey and noisy (especially curbs), but it now feels a bit scripted and samey. In ACC it feels like the FFB is actually representing what is happening to the wheels in response to transitions, not simply if cWHeelState == ON_KURB then CALL _vibrateLikeHell().

I guess I should give my initial thoughts in addition to my post about graphics last page. So this is from the perspective of someone with real-world track experience (only at a low club racing level) but relatively new to sim racing: it feels great to me so far. I haven't tried iRacing, so I can't compare it to that, but the FFB feels better than AC1 to me already (using a G920). As others have said, the curbs feel substantially better in the FFB; I've never gotten them to where I was happy with them in AC1.

The phyics feel at least as good as AC1 so far. Yes, the racing tires are fairly unforgiving on these cars, but I was still able to catch smaller slides, and it felt comparable to a real world racing tire in that regard to me. I've only played about an hour so far and I didn't know this track at all, so I'm having to learn a new sim, car, and track all at once, but I turned a 2:0X at the end on Pro with the aggressive setup, which seems decent, so I think it's pretty approachable. A lot of time left to find though, so I'm hoping to have more time to get back after it this weekend. I'm really excited by it so far!

First impressions are very very good for me.
Running an ageing i7 3770k not oc'd as my board died 3 weeks ago so using a pitiful GA-H61 as a stop gap until my upgrade...
The 1070 seems to handle single car on track just fine but need to take things down a little with 19 cars on the grid at night in the rain.
Had slight stutters so enabled vsync and it went away.
Also disabled blur as that was just making things looked... well... blurred. Lol

FFB options are minimal at present but I figured out pretty quickly that 0 for gain and 0 for min was probably not going to feel like anything. Whacked it up to 100 and it felt like a 30 minute strength workout after a couple of laps so I dialled it back to 70 with 5 min, seems ok for now and can feel a lot of what the car is doing. Even caught a few slides when previously I couldn't.
Most controls are mapped to the wheel which is great and even the funky switch on the right of my Fanatec BMW rim works now whereas in AC it wasn't a recognised option.

All in all I think this is an incredibly decent base EA title from Kunos, as expected, and I'm looking forward to the rest of the releases as per the road map.

Quick question;
I set engine start to manual but then couldn't find an option to map that control to the wheel. Anyone else find that this has to be on auto or you can't get out of the pits?

I also noticed the lights issue at night. With them off and flashing other cars in the rain is spectacular, but turn them on and try flashing is not so impressive. Like it's two separate lights and the static full beam doesn't switch on and off to flash but stays full strength making the flashing irrelevant. Surely will be fixed in future builds.

Also... minor, minor gripe, but as an official Blancpain game, where is that theme tune?

Quick question;
I set engine start to manual but then couldn't find an option to map that control to the wheel. Anyone else find that this has to be on auto or you can't get out of the pits?

Quote from the official ACC site, from one of the devs -

Here's a quick guide to adding the two missing inputs (ignition and starter) to your control inputs.

First of all, find and BACKUP your controls.json in Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Config

Open and add these two entries to the peripheral you want to assign the keys to:

{
"buttonIndex": 3,
"powIndex": -1,
"powValue": 0,
"instantActionCode": "IgnitionSequenceOn",
"bIsExtendedAction": false,
"extendedActionCode": "None",
"extendedTime": 1,
"pinkieInstanceActionCode": "None",
"pinkieExtendedActionCode": "None"
},
{
"buttonIndex": 6,
"powIndex": -1,
"powValue": 0,
"instantActionCode": "Starter",
"bIsExtendedAction": false,
"extendedActionCode": "None",
"extendedTime": 1,
"pinkieInstanceActionCode": "None",
"pinkieExtendedActionCode": "None"
},

Button index is an example, you have to use the appropriate key for your liking. Beware that syntax errors will reset the file so remember to BACKUP your old file first.

Quick question;

Press f2 on track to see the keyboard shortcuts. From memory I think it's shift+i for ignition and hold s for starter. You can't map it to your wheel yet in-game. Unseen posted a work-around above.

The sheer amount of things they have to do to make this all work properly.. Given new problems from the engine, etc. As a single race type, things should be all so much more simple than a massive anything-goes sim, but because of the restrictions it should all be perfect...... Never going to happen, with all the will in the world.

Going way beyond the limits of the OP though, so I`ll end it here. The fix I mentioned should fix the problem you had ;)

I also noticed the lights issue at night. With them off and flashing other cars in the rain is spectacular, but turn them on and try flashing is not so impressive. Like it's two separate lights and the static full beam doesn't switch on and off to flash but stays full strength making the flashing irrelevant. Surely will be fixed in future builds.

I can't get the lights working at all... (and i have all effects maxed out at Ultra in single player mode)... what am i missing?

I really don’t get a great feeling with ACC.

The ffb doesn’t seem right somehow, it’s not easy to say what I think is missing but it just feels strange, unlike the very intuitive feedback from AC. Also when the Lambo slides and then regains grip, again it just recovers in a strange way, maybe it’s the TC doing its magic, I don’t know, it feels like there is a delay or lag somewhere. Performance seems fine BTW, well over 100fps, so it ain’t that.

There's lag in the game engine, that's for sure. Still doesn't stop me getting a stiffy when the back end suddenly decides to go floating on the water. Best fun I've had in years of racing sims :)

Just tried ac with the same combination, ac ffb feels weird to me more on the springy side and the car seems to have unlimited grip and is hard to spin.
I think all those complains about the feeling of acc‘s ffb is mostly down to the different tyre and surface model they are using. Although acc tyre grip in the dry feels like the tyres have not enough grip, don‘t know how to explain.

But altogether it feels better than iRacing and AC1

I really don’t get a great feeling with ACC.

The ffb doesn’t seem right somehow, it’s not easy to say what I think is missing but it just feels strange, unlike the very intuitive feedback from AC.
I haven't had a chance to try the FFB yet, (rig is in storage until VR, so I'm driving with a joypad). But it seems like the FFB is a new way of doing things. It's gotten the thumbs up from real drivers, so it can't be wrong. I think it's just a case of getting used to this way of doing things.

FFB is an effect, so it is open to interpretation. It looks like ACC gives a more raw FFB which is probably closer to reality but maybe not as communicative as AC FFB, or at the very least a different way of communicating.

I might be totally off here but after having read all the physics / suspension posts by Aris over the last week and a half or so in the official forum, I am not really surprised that so many of you claim or rather complain that the FFB has gone somewhat dampened in feel.

Especially the part regarding the bumpstops, where he stated that, as opposed to in AC, ACC now has a much more defined and non-linear feel to it, makes me think or assume that the FFB in general would now be somewhat smoother and thus perhaps less defined but in a more realistic manner.

Last edited:

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 94 65.7%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 63 44.1%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 61 42.7%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 26 18.2%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 37 25.9%
Back