Initial thoughts

It is good, very very good.
The FFB is informative, driving feel is natural.
I like the UI layout it is easy to navigate with a very clean user friendly presentation.
The setup pages are informative and easy to use.

In full disclosure I am running a mid-low end PC (G4560/1050ti) and in practice alone on track, in sunny conditions with settings down the middle I'm getting 90-100fps.
Frame rates are buttery smooth with no drops in performance noticed.
Running an LG ultra wide 2560x1080 @75mhz.

My one and only notice is the game is whitewashed out, I had to turn down contrast and fiddle with black stabilizer on my monitor.

What settings to do you guys run in terms of wheel lock and rotation both in-game and in the wheel control panel? I'm having trouble getting a 1:1 match in the rotation while playing. Using a T300RS btw.

What settings to do you guys run in terms of wheel lock and rotation both in-game and in the wheel control panel? I'm having trouble getting a 1:1 match in the rotation while playing. Using a T300RS btw.
T300 has 1080 degrees of rotation so in your in game wheel settings, set your rotation to 1080 and you should theoretically get 1:1 steering.

Like in AC, if you set your degrees of rotation in ACC to the same it is set to in your wheel settings it should sync up. It does for me at least.

I'm trying to find out the degrees of rotation for the Lambo, seems to be somewhere around 600°? I'd like to try and get the wheel to stop where it does in the real car.

Running on a Fanatec CSW v2, my times are down to 1:56.xxx and you really have to be under 2min pace to really know what's going on with the tyres and surface. Everything on Pro settings, no assists. Rear end stepping out? Nah... I think it comes down to skill, setup, preference, adapt to ACC etc.
So far, I'm not that concerned with the FFB (expect improvements in adjustability), FFB overall to me feels great and realistic, though I've only done trackdays in non-GT3. Certainly not worried about the physics or the sound which are great. Graphics wise, yeah...needs optimizations and clarity (yes, I have blur off). Maybe the UE4 effects are just a little overdone, but I like the overall lighting and weather engine.
Lastly, I wouldn't base a purchase on Gamermuscles review, there are other reviews out there.
I'm positive so far, but I won't be driving much more until VR update and multiplayer is out.

Last edited:
Tried it last night for about an hour.
Actually pretty ok with the performance, although I only tried single car and in the dry / daytime.

At first I had all the aids still turned on and it felt odd, the car was making strange movements that I didn't understand. After turning off most of the aids it felt a lot better, though i'll echo what others have said that the FFB doesn't feel as good as AC, though perhaps some of that is down to set up as I have fine tweaked the FFB over and over to a massive level in AC and am pretty much running ACC "out of the box".

I'm not a fan of some of the in-game GUI elements - they appear huge, particularly the rev / gear meter on the right hand side. My guess its been designed for a future console release since a lot of the menu buttons are really small to click on with a mouse and on a console it would just be a left or right nudge with a highlighted "cell", at least that's my interpretation.

Like in AC, if you set your degrees of rotation in ACC to the same it is set to in your wheel settings it should sync up. It does for me at least.

I'm trying to find out the degrees of rotation for the Lambo, seems to be somewhere around 600°? I'd like to try and get the wheel to stop where it does in the real car.

Yeah. Right now I'm somewhere in 620 deg but still doesn't "feel" right atm.

I was surprised by the performance I was expecting it to be much more of a resource hog. I haven't had the chance to optimise it yet and it seems to default to maxed out and the game runs mostly ok for me.

It seems on par with AC for resource use. Hope the VR is as good.

I'm really appreciating the possibility to bind two functions to the same button, depending on how long you push them. Finally it's not necessary anymore to have buttons and buttons on the rim to be able to use every funcion. :)

had some initial trouble with it recognizing my g920 but now its all fine,
FFB is alright with the limited settings it has right now, feel tire grip a bit better than AC,
kerbs are more unforgiving than AC i feel, but havent dealt with the setup yet,
default ones are alright, altough i feel the aggressive one is way too loose

driving in the rain is fun but the AI is **** in it (storm is all I tried)
in the dry they are actually really quick (pb in hotlap with default setup is 1:55:4)

looks a bit brighter and friendlier all round, especially the menus.
Sound is really nice, way better than AC imo

I've done a few laps in the sun in practice and it's all buttery smooth on my end so far. Only issue I'm having is severe FFB rattling in a straight line at med-high speed. Once I get that sorted I'll try out some rain and AI racing.

Man, it's such a shock going back to a screen after a year and a half in VR, though. I'm horribly inconsistent, can't properly hit my braking marks, constantly running a bit wide in every corner because I can't judge the distances. Can't wait for the VR support next month! :D

Got the rattling too, T500RS?

Hello.

Last night I've worked on settings (controller especially) for 30/40 mins before finding a decent combo.

Overall, a great start by Kunos with this Early Access. I'm sure they will improve a lot.

First of all, loading time of the events is very fast. At least on my SSD HD.

The force feedback for now it's similar to AC in a way on my Fanatec CSR Elite, even if i'm quite sure i've felt a few awesome details i can't remember getting from AC, like small and superquick skidding of the rear tyres when accelerating out from slow corners.

Still need to try AI in detail.

I can run it on full ultra settings, and worked really fine and smooth in the single car events.
Need to compromise a little bit with a full 19 cars grid (probably due to CPU and possibly MB bottlenecking my 1070ti) but i guess it would be optimized in time.

Visuals are stunning. Even if somehow, like for example with Codemasters F1 series, i'm getting that awkward 'plastic' feeling when i watch the bodywork of the cars during the replays... like if there's a thin transparent coating... AC seem more realistic, maybe? Not sure at all.
Anyway nothing wrong, really.

Night and rain are gorgeous.

One question: did you try to turn on the lights in the night? They don't seem to really illuminate the road in front of the car... while, instead, flashing lights make a very nice effect...
Am i doing something wrong? Anyone on this?

So, to recap:

They physics are great, but the physics are horrible and feel like Forza.
It drives like a better version of AC, but the driving feel is totally simcade.
The FFB is great and maybe a bit too strong, but the FFB is terrible and weak.
The graphics are incredible, but they're very poor and blurry with lots of aliasing.
That AI is amazing and vastly improved, but the AI is terrible.
Performance is pretty good but you only get 10-15fps.
It's the first version of early access but it has bugs, missing features, and is not a complete game.

Sim racers. :rolleyes:

Initial thoughts are impressed, especially liking the rain model. However the FFB for the G27 and G920 is lacking, feels quite dead and is a little tricky, but sure that'll be fixed in time. The sounds were good, and the car seemed a tad more forgiving than Assetto Corsa in the dry. Will take a it of adapting before I am up to speed.

Also sorry for a shameful self promotion but my hydraulic affordable pedal project is moving along into prototyping and final assembly stages, and I will be adding to my thread here: https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/developing-an-improvement-in-sim-racing-hardware.149713/

Initial thoughts:

* Car feels nice, easy until you push hard - much easier than AC for sure - & nice sense of weight to it, as much as I can push it with the other issues.
* FFB is nice but a bit heavy out of the box - haven't really investigated tuning it because...
* My FPS is awful - I have triple screen but dual 8GB RX580s ( fast ones, too ), even with most settings a notch or two down & using downscaled rendering FPS is low enough that I can see scenery moving in steps. I fear this is a UE4 issue with AMD GPUs & there's no way around it...
* Can't get a comfortable view for triple screen but presumably there will be more adjustments at some point.
* Whichever camera is the one you start out with was wobbling side-to-side drastically ( like someone with a broken neck being shaken hard ) when I first got in the car.

Running triple screens here as well, but then on a single Vega 64, can max everything out without issues and still maintaining 60 + fps. Crossfire and SLI are simply not optimized currently and probably won't ever be for most titles. Some titles show gains, but usually at the cost of some horrible pauses and stutters.
There are some good reads online for you to find on that subject, you will probably get the same result with a single RX580.

The game feels and looks great to me. Most of my issue was getting acclimated to driving on my tv vs VR like I have been used to. It was hard for me to find the apex on some corners with the default FOV. Again, these are on me since I haven't driven on a single screen in quite a while. I am around a 2min flat but with tons of time to be found. Lots of "aggressive, but good", few "perfect" corners. lol

i7 4790k/980ti performance around 70's in the dry and alone on track with all visuals maxed. Seems an upgrade will be needed for VR (not unexpected).

I'm using a G27 and set the in game rotation to around 800° I think. That seemed to match better.

Overall, very excited for the full game. I look forward to driving more tonight.

CSr5qSS.jpg

4mBEEtp.jpg

Sorry, but the small graphical changes are not worth a 250 FPS hit. It doesn't look much differnt, to justify such a massive performance hit.

A still image is not a good comparison of graphics in a modern game engine. This completely ignores improvements in lighting, materials, and visual effects that will only be noticeable in a moving image. It's fine if those things aren't important to you, but there is a large difference in graphics quality between the old engine and new, and the frame rates are going to reflect that.

Latest News

What would be the ideal raceday for you to join our Club Races?

• Monday

Votes: 34 15.6%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 27 12.4%
  • Wednesday

Votes: 30 13.8%
  • Thursday

Votes: 28 12.8%
  • Friday

Votes: 76 34.9%
  • Saturday

Votes: 124 56.9%