Kyalami 2016

Tracks Kyalami 2016 0.9.5

Login or Register an account to download this content
Took me a few tries to copy the correct files/folders on my plain vanilla system. Once that was done and the track would load, I then had to go through the "these turns are TIGHT" exercise before I could run laps without running off the track, LOL. Took me 6 laps!
I cant get the track to load either im running content manager, what did you have to install to get it to run??

I cant get the track to load either im running content manager, what did you have to install to get it to run??
If you are running CM, I don't know the answer.

Without CM, drill into kyalami_2016\extras\SDK_Shaders\SDK Shaders\assettocorsa and copy the sdk folder (and contents) to your game's assettocorsa folder (e.g. Steam\SteamApps\common\assettocorsa). Or just read the updated instructions in the first post.

Here you go

Attachments

• 20191122182917_1.jpg
    20191122182917_1.jpg
    379.7 KB · Views: 141
  • 20191122182925_1.jpg
    20191122182925_1.jpg
    376.6 KB · Views: 142
  • 20191122182930_1.jpg
    20191122182930_1.jpg
    371.8 KB · Views: 142
  • 20191122182934_1.jpg
    20191122182934_1.jpg
    435.1 KB · Views: 129
So I've been a member here for a very long time but haven't really felt the need to post much until I drove this track. It is absolutely stunning, so thank you for all of your work as I've been playing it for hours now and am in love. I know this is only v .8, however I had a couple things that I didn't see mentioned here or in your known issues section that Id like to share, though admittedly I don't know how much you can do about them.

The AI hits the brakes going through Mineshaft which makes passing into Crocodile too easy, and they hit the brakes going through Jukskel and Sunset as well, which makes it seem a touch erratic. They also seem to be incapable of taking a normal line when being passed around the outside (particularly through Cheetah and Barbeque), they dive inside of the kerb which ends with them hitting you or spinning. I saw this in GT3 and TCR cars, though I assume it would happen with others as well. Also, I feel that the penalty for dropping a wheel in the grass is in some cases too extreme, with it feeling like you've hit the speed limiter instead of natural drag from the grass.

Alright I'm gonna go run another race cause its just too much fun. Thanks again!

The white lines are a separate mesh that sits on top of the road mesh.
If its too close we get z fighting, which will give you flickering on the lines at a distance in front of the car.
So shadow is a lesser of the two evils.
Bu there could be a sweet spot that allows shadows without z-fighting...
Something I can add to the wishlist.
You fixed it! You fixed it! You fixed it!

Thank you!

It's perfect.

How exactly did you fix it? What is the sweet spot where you get the shadow cast yet without the z-fighting?

Amazing work, thank you so much for doing this. As a south african living abroad it brings me a huge amount of joy to race around a track over there. I'll be getting a couple of guys together tomorrow to try to do a mini version of the endurance race ourselves (hot seat).

Quick question: Will this work with Custom Shader Patch and Sol day/night cycles? I'm new to AC and tried to get this working for a single player race using CM, Time multiplier (60x for testing), custom shader patch 0.1.25 - 205 and weather fx enabled to SOL, but it doesn't seem to be progressing time during the race.

Drove it with a wheel. It is fun and flowing track I think. Quite a few of the corners are quite long so I'd imagine with three monitors I could be faster. I noticed the track has quite a lot of damping on grass and I think on the red surface as well that slows you down really quickly if you drive over it. That is the only thing I don't like. The rest is really good.

I agree about the damping. Not many other things to find fault with, though, in the 10 or 15 laps I ran in the 993TT S2. Gorgeous, gorgeous work. :thumbsup:

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 30 8.5%
  • Monthly

Votes: 18 5.1%
  • Yearly

Votes: 27 7.7%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.6%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 9 2.6%