LA Canyons

Tracks LA Canyons 1.2

Login or Register an account to download this content
you can manually edit the ini file that deals with AI speed, for example for the two_way layout :
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\content\tracks\la_canyons\traffic_two_way\data
file called ai_hints.ini

[MAXSPEED_15]
START=0.5976
END=0.7698
VALUE=115
[MAXSPEED_16]
START=0.7698
END=0.7705
VALUE=50
[MAXSPEED_17]
START=0.7705
END=0.9146
VALUE=115

here you have different sections of the track, and value="115" for example, i believe this is in km/h
so reduce all the values to 80 for example. Try not to raise values, or they will most likely go too fast in tight corners or something

and don't forget to backup the file ;)
I just disabled the 'Deutsche Autobahn' MOD ;)

jokes aside: very helpful info you shared with us. Thanks!

Hi great job, i bought the full package. But I have an issue I do not know if related with the mod or not. When running in the 2 way traffic, when I stop to close the race and close the game, the menu appears but everything freezes, I can move the mouse but nothing do nothing, it is blocked, even if I try with ctr+alt+sup to kill the process I can se the ac.exe is more than 95% of the memory ussage and not responding, so the only solution to restart the computer. Curiosly playing in other configuration no problem. Any idea of the issue?, never happen to me before.

Awesome mod :)! However I get a lot of interior shake/wobble (mirrors, dashboard) when moving away from the starting point. Is there any way to fix this? G-Force effects and high speed shaking are turned off in the menu.

Hi great job, i bought the full package. But I have an issue I do not know if related with the mod or not. When running in the 2 way traffic, when I stop to close the race and close the game, the menu appears but everything freezes, I can move the mouse but nothing do nothing, it is blocked, even if I try with ctr+alt+sup to kill the process I can se the ac.exe is more than 95% of the memory ussage and not responding, so the only solution to restart the computer. Curiosly playing in other configuration no problem. Any idea of the issue?, never happen to me before.

Only seems to happen on the 2 way version. Only solution I've come up with at the moment is to Alt tab pull up Task Manager and end task on acs.exe before attempting to exit AC.

1 way traffic layout exits ok. Perhaps AC has problems dealing with two separate AI lines.

Last edited:
Hi All,

I purchased the Platinum VIP from my Ipad (dumb) and got the receipt or whatever it was. When I went to copy it to my dropbox which was one of the two options, I couldn't log on and then I couldn't get back to the 3 files. There is no option I can find on the store page to 'log in' and retrieve the files again. How can I get to a place where I can download them again. I have my paypal receipt and login info of course.

you can manually edit the ini file that deals with AI speed, for example for the two_way layout :
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\content\tracks\la_canyons\traffic_two_way\data
file called ai_hints.ini

[MAXSPEED_15]
START=0.5976
END=0.7698
VALUE=115
[MAXSPEED_16]
START=0.7698
END=0.7705
VALUE=50
[MAXSPEED_17]
START=0.7705
END=0.9146
VALUE=115

here you have different sections of the track, and value="115" for example, i believe this is in km/h
so reduce all the values to 80 for example. Try not to raise values, or they will most likely go too fast in tight corners or something

and don't forget to backup the file ;)

Thank you, works fine!

Attachments

• 2020-02-05 05_30_29-Assetto Corsa.png
    2020-02-05 05_30_29-Assetto Corsa.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 157
  • 2020-02-05 05_30_48-S__Steam_steamapps_common_assettocorsa_content_tracks_la_canyons_traffic_t...png
    2020-02-05 05_30_48-S__Steam_steamapps_common_assettocorsa_content_tracks_la_canyons_traffic_t...png
    70.3 KB · Views: 137
I noticed the problem exiting from the two-way traffic layout as well. This issue is new since v1.2 RC1 (mid-November), which worked fine, if that helps @Phoenix77 or anyone else narrow down the cause...
Next time I play it I'll try to remember to check the AC debug logs for anything interesting.

Thanks Brains and Lizard for your replies. Happy to confirm that the swap file helps - still goes to AC waiting but recovers after a minute or so whereas before it completely crashed AC and sometimes locked the system.

Wonder why 2 way is so intensive and whether it might be optimised in future?
Maybe try changing your settings for replay saving. Maybe they are too high, filling your ram. With many cats the files can grow a lot.

Interesting theory. I actually tested it out, set the replay to min quality and max size to 10MB, didn't make a difference.

Always a good idea to test those theories out before suggesting them.
I also played around with the page file size from 1,4,8,16 GB with 32GB RAM installed. Also doesn't made any difference in the time it needs to exit. Again only happens in two way traffic.
Today I will test with the number of AI. Now selecting 19AI

Disabling "New AI Behavior" in CM resolves the lockup on exit issue in two way traffic. I tested with 20 cars (Kunos) and no problems.
i'm pretty sure i have 16GB at home as well.
I disabled the ai flood thing in CM long ago. The spawning made things too crowdy, and often ended up in one direction rather than both. (+ a lot of accidents!)

I ran up to 30 ia cars in the two way layout, without issues. And this way it feels more random to see someone; and a bit more realistic.

As a matter of personal taste i reduced their speed too to make it more like real traffic (see post here for details how to)

and now it's the perfect NFS 1 cruising feeling!

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 57 9.3%
  • Monthly

Votes: 29 4.7%
  • Yearly

Votes: 39 6.3%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.3%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 14 2.3%