LA Canyons

Tracks LA Canyons 1.2

Login or Register an account to download this content
Just tried 23 opponents 2 way with AI flood off and on. Made no difference to exit time (about 1 minute) but running higher numbers of AI did really help the ratio of oncoming cars (in flood mode that is).

I'm having issues with the 2 way traffic going 90% my way. A lot of traffic my way but very few ones coming from the opposite direction, weirdly always the same cars. For me, this is a big issue and it ruins the experience for me, does anyone know a fix?

Im using CSP, tried different versions and tried tweaking the value in the new ai behavior tab, i didmt achieve anything

Had a go with 1.2v yesterday - wow! Also, it seem to be working on all online servers I tried, whether specifically 1.2 in description or non-defined, that kinda answers my early question with backward compatibility. Or maybe all servers at once changed to 1.2, anyway, Im happy as a flying pig :)

sidenote - AI traffic seem to be stopping randomly on the roads creating huge pile-ups or traffic jams, happens both in single or both-way traffic, is that common for you all?
Dont care too much, prefer online traffic anyway, but just wondering.

I changed the value of FILE in the file models_traffic_ two_way as described via this update:

[MODEL_1]
FILE=layout_normal.kn5
POSITION=0,0,0
ROTATION=0,0,0

For me that solved the long exiting time. Reduced it to less then a second.

The AI "intelligence" behavior of choosing a traffic line and also the opposite direction is a WIP of the creator Ilja. SO I don't think it can be solved right now to change the number of cars approaching you?

I'm having issues with the 2 way traffic going 90% my way. A lot of traffic my way but very few ones coming from the opposite direction, weirdly always the same cars. For me, this is a big issue and it ruins the experience for me, does anyone know a fix?

Im using CSP, tried different versions and tried tweaking the value in the new ai behavior tab, i didmt achieve anything
how the traffic line is made, is preventing the AI to overtake.

i think, when using ai flood, the traffic will spawn in the lane you are using
if you overtake, or drive on the wrong lane long enough, you will start seeing people coming your way

i don't like the ai flood in 2 ways, it's just too messy, and too crowdy.
alternative is to remove the ai flood, and spawn 30+ ai cars, which will be spread along the 42km loop
i don't think that road is very crowded in real life!

Screenshot_a3dr_lambo_diablo_se30_jota_la_canyons_5-2-120-13-14-18.png

I guess that's a Hot Pursuit

Word of note to anyone who's piling into this thread to complain about traffic behavior: This is controlled by CSP, not the track mod. Phoenix can't control this. Please don't voice frustration with the mod for something that it's not doing. :thumbsup:

There have been multiple fixes suggested for the various issues; I'll be interested to try them ...when I get home from work. (The waiting, it hurts!)

Word of note to anyone who's piling into this thread to complain about traffic behavior: This is controlled by CSP, not the track mod. Phoenix can't control this. Please don't voice frustration with the mod for something that it's not doing. :thumbsup:

There have been multiple fixes suggested for the various issues; I'll be interested to try them ...when I get home from work. (The waiting, it hurts!)
It's useful discussion- nobody is blaming the mod.

how the traffic line is made, is preventing the AI to overtake.

i think, when using ai flood, the traffic will spawn in the lane you are using
if you overtake, or drive on the wrong lane long enough, you will start seeing people coming your way

i don't like the ai flood in 2 ways, it's just too messy, and too crowdy.
alternative is to remove the ai flood, and spawn 30+ ai cars, which will be spread along the 42km loop
i don't think that road is very crowded in real life!
How did you get them to spread evenly? I just tried vs 31 cars. Overtook half of the grid going down the 1st hill then met the rest coming the other way around half way round. Rest of the lap, nothing. Cheers.

I changed the value of FILE in the file models_traffic_ two_way as described via this update:

[MODEL_1]
FILE=layout_normal.kn5
POSITION=0,0,0
ROTATION=0,0,0

For me that solved the long exiting time. Reduced it to less then a second.

The AI "intelligence" behavior of choosing a traffic line and also the opposite direction is a WIP of the creator Ilja. SO I don't think it can be solved right now to change the number of cars approaching you?
Thanks, great fix - just saved me £150 on RAM :)

^this, dont think anybody (including me) was giving out, just reporting the fact.
BTW thanks for explanation, though, as I wasnt aware CSP is responsible for this - I will try to update it as Im using older but tested version, maybe on newer one wil be better.
cheers

Feel free to ignore the tested/stable labels as Ilja is very busy and doesn't always get to updating the version labels. 1.39 can be run without problems AFAIK.

• Deleted member 197115

Disabling "New AI Behavior" in CM resolves the lockup on exit issue in two way traffic. I tested with 20 cars (Kunos) and no problems.
Wow, thanks, these lockups were killing me.
Does it also solve traffic cars just standing still instead of moving.

Feel free to ignore the tested/stable labels as Ilja is very busy and doesn't always get to updating the version labels. 1.39 can be run without problems AFAIK.

by "tested" I meant tested and stable for my rig (GTX980SLI on Triples). Took me a while to figure out the settings to have stable 75fps, and any CSP update makes it unusuable again, just tried updating to 1.40 and got stuttering and graphic glitches so reverted back. Something as simple as "sparks=on" can affect the performance from 110pfs benchmark to 63fps for example. I just need more time to test&troubleshoot, but will defo try 1.39 aswell.

• Deleted member 197115

by "tested" I meant tested and stable for my rig (GTX980SLI on Triples). Took me a while to figure out the settings to have stable 75fps, and any CSP update makes it unusuable again, just tried updating to 1.40 and got stuttering and graphic glitches so reverted back. Something as simple as "sparks=on" can affect the performance from 110pfs benchmark to 63fps for example. I just need more time to test&troubleshoot, but will defo try 1.39 aswell.
1.39 is even worse. 1.36 is the last good one and for triples and VR night driving recommended is 1.33 preview 4, as there is a lighting bug.

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 58 9.3%
  • Monthly

Votes: 31 5.0%
  • Yearly

Votes: 39 6.3%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.3%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 14 2.2%