LA Canyons

Tracks LA Canyons 1.2

Login or Register an account to download this content
hint map
lac_map_layout1.2.png

Lower left, in the La Canada Flintridge residential area

First time I've seen this arrangement of "npc cars"... Cops everywhere!
Apparently, they're not there for even the most serious speeding tickets. I've tried to provoke them, but without success.
They must be monitoring an important cartel deal, where they're looking for a man named Heisenberg?
Walt, put your pants back on and get the hell out of here!

This is my first ever recording and uploading of a video, so i apologize in advance if it's a boring crap and ugly mess.

I usually drive with wheel and arms off so it was a bit distracting for me. I've barely managed to survive to the one crash during the lap. And my laptime was somewhat fishy: 16:55:666...

Still on the subject of cops, we'll test the pursuit mode saturday night on my server. So if you feel like playing the bad guy or one of the coppers, feel free to join us.
We're gonna be testing different cars, the list isn't set yet. But the Dodge Monaco will be on the list (Blues Brothers game obviously), as well as the cars that Phoenix has done police liveries for.

Check for Lost Highway server.

Does anyone have good settings for the 2 way traffic part of this beautifull mod? I use content manager but the AI is traffic jamming behind each other and when i change the distance to spawn a lot just standing still om the road. Also i can see respawning the same car over and over again. The last problem is that they dont overtake eachother. I use trackday to be clear or maybe thats wrong allready?

I just want to cruise (well...fast cruise i mean) and i would love to have the full grid spawn just once and then drive all over the map in 2-ways with different speeds. Is that possible?

Last edited:

First time I've seen this arrangement of "npc cars"... Cops everywhere!
Apparently, they're not there for even the most serious speeding tickets. I've tried to provoke them, but without success.
They must be monitoring an important cartel deal, where they're looking for a man named Heisenberg?
Walt, put your pants back on and get the hell out of here!

This is my first ever recording and uploading of a video, so i apologize in advance if it's a boring crap and ugly mess.

I usually drive with wheel and arms off so it was a bit distracting for me. I've barely managed to survive to the one crash during the lap. And my laptime was somewhat fishy: 16:55:666...

Still on the subject of cops, we'll test the pursuit mode saturday night on my server. So if you feel like playing the bad guy or one of the coppers, feel free to join us.
We're gonna be testing different cars, the list isn't set yet. But the Dodge Monaco will be on the list (Blues Brothers game obviously), as well as the cars that Phoenix has done police liveries for.

Check for Lost Highway server.
do you know how to spawn those "npc cars" manually?

do you know how to spawn those "npc cars" manually?

It's totally random everytime you launch a new session.
If you check the "models_freeroam.ini" in the track folder, there is probability rate for each set of dynamic cars.
Looks like [DYNAMIC_OBJECT_3] as the lowest probability, so it should be the police cars?

Last edited:
The AI flood doesnt work great though. Big traffic jams and no overtaking and cars that stands still everywhere. Best thing for me is practice with the max amount of AI and remover the pitguy,wrong way sign and flags. Would love it if some cars would race around like me.

Phoenix77 submitted a new resource:

L.A Canyons - 42km circuit in the San Gabriel mountains, above Los Angeles

Read more about this resource...

I live near London mate, that's why Californian roads look so awesome! :D
That would be very useful mate... although it will also probably bug me that this track isn't as authentic as I'd like... lol
I will have to keep telling myself that there are limitations... Firstly in my 3D skill levels... and secondly in what can actually go in game.
Considering this track has got this far in around a month... That's not too sad :)

Had to go gold, with roads like those, who In their right mind would pay for added Traffic? Empty Open Roads in the sunshine, Thanks, mate.

• Deleted member 197115

Does anyone know how to enable vip acces only i payed for it but i only get the main
1.2 is sellfy store, you download right after paying.
If you donated for previous version, you may or may not get email from Phoenix to access certain VIP level, depending on your contribution (check your spam folder).
I'd recommend just donate for 1.2 again, most of us did, it's well worth it, and you get access to more areas, layouts.

Hello and thanks for the ULTIMATE free roam map. Just a quick question. How many treasures are there? We would like to do a treasure hunt so a total number would be a great help!
oh well.

There are documented ones, and some not XD
i wouldn't know
some i moved a bit since 1.0

i put numbers as a hint, but some don't have numbers
and there's also a chance, some numbers are missing from 0 to 10 :D

ok lemme think.
i can count 11, on which one is not on every layout
like i said, few aren't numbered
and then there's some wild life hidden here and there
and then, random dynamic objects on top of that :p

So to be safe. If you find 10 thingy around the whole track (regular and extras), you're pretty good.
if anyone want a written list of the nature of those thingy, pm me, but that spoils a little the fun
i won't tell you the locations anyways :)

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 60 9.3%
  • Monthly

Votes: 33 5.1%
  • Yearly

Votes: 40 6.2%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.3%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 14 2.2%