LA Canyons

Tracks LA Canyons 1.2

Login or Register an account to download this content
Hi (sorry for my english),

I just buy VIP platinium.
Great job, i love it!

I want to play with Traffic Two Way.
It works, but there is 2 things :
_ is it possible to make AI slower ? I would like to set they max speed to ~60mph (~95kmh)
_ is it possible to have a more traffic ? With 54 opponents, I rarely come across them.
Of course it will decrease my performances but with 54 opponents I run 120FPS so it's good.

I've read some things about "AI flood", but I don't understand exactly what it is and how it works.
I've read too about "Content Manager", I've just downloaded it but I don't really see the difference.

Can anyone help me ?

Thank you ! :D

Last edited:
Hi, ivr also just purchased the traffic pac and when i try to launch it via cm it gives me the errors and crashes...

AC\trackavatar.cpp (398): TrackAvatar::init3D
AC\trackavatar.cpp (59): TrackAvatar::TrackAvatar
AC\sim.cpp (1066): Sim::loadTrack
AC\racemanager.cpp (351): RaceManager::initOffline
AC\racemanager.cpp (174): RaceManager::loadSessions
AC\sim.cpp (320): Sim::Sim
AC\splashscreen.cpp (319): SplashScreen::postRender
AC\game.cpp (181): Game::onIdle
AC\game.cpp (210): Game::run
AC\acs.cpp (477): wWinMain
f:\dd\vctools\crt\crtw32\dllstuff\crtexe.c (618): __tmainCRTStartup

one way versions work fine.

Just wanted to add my thanks to the thread. Absolutely beautiful track that is a sheer pleasure to race or cruise on. I paid for and received the VIP package a while back and thoroughly enjoy the extra mileage. Thank you to all that have helped develop this gem and a big thanks to @Phoenix77 for creating the OC.

Have been playing here on LA Canyons 1.2 for the last couple of weeks and even in online mode and... it has been AWESOME...

The only thing that "irritates" me is that there´s no invisible wall so if you fall off the cliff you have to start over. This is really bad when you´re playing online and EVERYONE has to go back to the pits because someone just falled off.

Any possible fix? Is the owner of the track here?

Have been playing here on LA Canyons 1.2 for the last couple of weeks and even in online mode and... it has been AWESOME...

The only thing that "irritates" me is that there´s no invisible wall so if you fall off the cliff you have to start over. This is really bad when you´re playing online and EVERYONE has to go back to the pits because someone just falled off.

Any possible fix? Is the owner of the track here?
- learn the track :D
- don't follow the leader sheep
no ok i'm only joking
it's the same rule for everyone.
Imagine when we were making it, and i didn't know the option to fly over with the camera, and i needed to check something on the other side of the track, each export i had to drive there...

The invisible wall did come up few times. And the answer is a no no. It would kill that aspect of the track. The fact that it becomes almost scary to drive fast, because of that said risk of having to spawn back to the start.
On the other hand, Phoenix did put a LOT of railing all around. More than real life

Maybe there's some possibility in the future with CSP. Detecting the nearest road mesh, and spawning the car on it. Don't know if it's ever been mentionned to Ilja :)

Hi guys, purchased the platinum version this morning. I'm feeling really stupid to ask but where is the traffic? I launch the track from standard AC interface because Content Manager crashes my G29 settings, and there is no sign of AI. Practice mode. The same in Pacific. Btw the track itself it's something incredible, been there with a friend's 911 Singer 2 years ago, 1000 kms in one week exploring all the roads above LA. Will try to do asap a comparison mix onboard between real Singer (we have some.footage) and virtual one.
Cheers

Marco

I'm having an issue with the AI as well, I just purchased the full VIP package and the AI is behaving differently than I've seen in videos. They are almost always bunched up, about halfway through any lap I start running into cars that are just sitting there in the middle of the road. It kills my immersion and I'm thinking it's probably something wrong with the settings.

With the quality of the readme files I really don't understand why there is nothing at all about how to get the AI to work.After speaking with a few people who also have purchased the VIP portion most of them don't even use the AI feature anymore because they never figured outhow to get it to work quite right.

I can't imagine that getting a small written guide would take that long, and unless it's extremely complicated I don't see why there isn't one. It's a major selling point of the VIP package.

Hi guys, purchased the platinum version this morning. I'm feeling really stupid to ask but where is the traffic? I launch the track from standard AC interface because Content Manager crashes my G29 settings, and there is no sign of AI. Practice mode. The same in Pacific. Btw the track itself it's something incredible, been there with a friend's 911 Singer 2 years ago, 1000 kms in one week exploring all the roads above LA. Will try to do asap a comparison mix onboard between real Singer (we have some.footage) and virtual one.
Cheers

Marco

default launcher is a very good question.
The two ways traffic, i think works in "track day". And this mode i think.. is through content manager, and maybe not the regular launcher ?
I'll give it a try after work and see, that's a good point

I'm having an issue with the AI as well, I just purchased the full VIP package and the AI is behaving differently than I've seen in videos. They are almost always bunched up, about halfway through any lap I start running into cars that are just sitting there in the middle of the road. It kills my immersion and I'm thinking it's probably something wrong with the settings.

With the quality of the readme files I really don't understand why there is nothing at all about how to get the AI to work.After speaking with a few people who also have purchased the VIP portion most of them don't even use the AI feature anymore because they never figured outhow to get it to work quite right.

I can't imagine that getting a small written guide would take that long, and unless it's extremely complicated I don't see why there isn't one. It's a major selling point of the VIP package.

Sounds like you are having issues with the "AI flood".
(found in settings / custom shaders patch / new ai behavior / ai flood (track day)
I personally spawn about 25 opponents, no ai flood, and this way i have those 25 cars across the whole track, so i don't see so many. I find the ai flood option creates too many accidents and mistakes
The other issue with the AI flood, they start spawning on your lane if you drive on it. And the opposite lane end up being a bit dead, except if you overtake, or drive there.
This was the case, at least, back then when i tried, and maybe it was fixed with newer version of CSP i don't know.

Hey guys, can anyone help me out with the ai on the traffic version. Trying to figure out how to setup this. The ai just packs behind one another and tailgates the whole way.

Edit: Took Ben O'Bro's advice and disabled ai flood in settings. Thanks btw, worked for me.

Last edited:
An update, using trackday mode the traffic is here and alive, but to get the g29 up and running with cm requires a lot of retries, dunno why. Hopefully in the next days a thrustmaster will arrive and solve the issues. Time to make the split screen real/virtual! Btw I also some times have the AI cars stop in the middle of the Road. They all do it at the same time.

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 60 9.3%
  • Monthly

Votes: 33 5.1%
  • Yearly

Votes: 40 6.2%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.3%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 14 2.2%