LA Canyons

Tracks LA Canyons 1.2

Login or Register an account to download this content
I've just in the last few months gotten competent enough on the main loop to add the challenge of traffic and "if you're gonna" might as well 2 way traffic, right? So in the last month or so I've hit some annoying behaviors about the traffic, like it getting wonkier after a while (first lap or so is great) and starting to crash themselves and wipe out 80 feet up the side of a mountain or smth.. Sometimes it's truly funny stuff.

Came here to post and see if others have the same experience or is it just me and I find this post...

Gonna try these out as soon as I'm done typing ❤

I mean this in the most respectful manner possible friend - you are a ******* lunatic! I cannot tell you how much I enjoy this track. I bought the platinum within days of discovering LAC even though I was only ever using the free version features (and probably continued to for months) just because I thought you deserved it for what you'd done and I hoped you'd keep developing this thing further.

Did I mention I think you're insane :) In the best way possible?

Thank you for maintaining and putting the effort into this track you do. It's absolutely ******* GORGEOUS and fun, and a delight in VR. Next year when we get back to "normal" a bit I plan to buy it again, maybe even a few times if I can, just because. And I promise you I'm a tightwad about frivolous dumb sht spending. I just want you to keep on keeping on and keep this track alive and improving it and making it better. 2 way traffic is now my most favorite thing ever and around this epic highway, holy f***!

Hell, maybe one day we can convince you to port to other sims (rF2 anyone? hint hint?) because without this track I keep coming back to AC over this. 4,385 km driven on this track so far and I'm about to jump in again. Most of that is in ONE car (Lotus 2-Eleven) and soon I'm gonna start with her sister the 3-Eleven.
God help my work and social life if I start trying any other cars and oh f*** if I fall in love with yet another layout....

So thank you @Phoenix77. Never stop doing what you do. LAC ROCKS. Who cares if I never see the outside of my house ever again, :roflmao::laugh::roflmao:

Ok, realistically I need another dozen hours for a proper sitrep but here are some preliminary findings @Phoenix77:
  1. AC (or content manager) apparently doesn't count "driven on track" unless one completes the lap and does so "in the white". I submit I think I've driven at least TWICE what I reported before lol. (probably not a LAC issue but I thought I'd mention in case you can fix that)
  2. AI behave MUCH better with these settings. So much more traffic and with AI set to 15 vs previously I had 20.
    1. I still encountered 1 ai stopped mid road, somehow crashed but with no other car around so I guess he crashed a barrier? It was on a straight and I was doing 70 or 80 when I passed so I didn't get a great look :D (just the line of cars piled behind..)
  3. AI still seem to a get a bit more "crashy" the longer I drive. I do "restart session" (CM function, bound to a wheel button) so that it saves my .acreplay when/after I crash. I wonder if this "crashiness" is related to the "restart session" somehow? (and I thought same before the new settings just to be clear). The 1 ai crashed out I mention was after a few resets.
  4. Despite the AI still getting "crashy", I still encountered traffic in mine AND the other direction. Something that previously seemed to thin out the more I drove to the point I could eventually cover whole sectors of the track with no traffic at all. Another dozen hours will tell for sure but first impressions, this is MUCH improved.
    1. related - when the traffic was eventually SO thinned out, I actually saw ai cars sitting in spawn spots and not moving (talking before these new settings, haven't driven enough yet to say for sure if that's changed.) Was this related to Fuel Consumption being on?
  5. I'm not sure what all about the new settings makes the most difference. The one setting I DO want back is turning on damage. Can these AI work (or be made/improved to work) with damage on?
To be thorough, I'm on CSP 1.60 and running Track Day.
Thanks.

You actually can set up your own server and if you want control over the cars and/or tracks then that's exactly what you will need to do.
There are numerous guides on it so I won't get into it (search for "install Assetto Corsa Server" or similar) but I'll add that if you decide to have a server, there is a software called AC Server Manager that sit's on top and gives a pretty interface that is easier to use and also adds a good bit of functionality. Worth the effort.

Btw, I have a few servers out there, one with LAC that doesn't get much traffic. What car(s) are you looking for? Maybe I can accommodate...
Thank you man!

I think we'll just start off with whatever in game stock cars you have set and I'll go from there to see how it works. Still figuring everything out, I appreciate the help!

No doubts man, you're welcomed.

If you wanna try and find my servers just search for "cruise night". At least one should always have LAC on it.
Oh perfect, I'll take a look for that. I was actually going to ask you about what your server so we can check it out!

I'm working on getting a server up for some friends as well. I believe you said AC Server Manager, so I'll be looking into that now!

Last edited:
Happy new year everyone, I hope 2021 is a better year for you all :) Keep on keeping on!

I've updated my PC system, (The PC LA Canyons was created on was around 9 years old, so about time).
Hopefully some kind of normal service can resume shortly... Whatever 'normal' actually is :D

Thanks for all the great support in 2020, here's to moving forward into 2021 with some new projects (after Pacific Coast is finished). Cheers!

Thanks @An Israeli Cab Driver, glad you're loving the Canyons & thanks for the feedback :) (not that I can really change anything to do with CSP)

I'm not sure what all about the new settings makes the most difference

From what I discovered, the most important thing is keeping the AI number to around 15 or Less.
(While using CM Trackday Mode / CSP AI Flood / CSP New AI Behaviour, all the same thing, too many names!)
Although I have a feeling it's important to have both the AI level / aggression moderately high to push the AI through (what it sees as) an approx 4m wide, 52 mile long track!
If you're still experiencing broken cars, it's likely because AI Flood (And AC engine in general) drops them on to the track, and depending on the settings, they can sometimes drop on the wrong lane, facing in the wrong direction... and have trouble trying to do a three point turn, in what they see as a 4m wide road.

I found the servers however they're all limiting the cars I can use
Cheers! Glad you're loving both tracks! (Pacific Coast is currently having Everything replaced/updated so will be virtually unrecognisable to the current version)

btw If you're finding too many servers with cars you don't have, you can filter the list of servers to only those running content you have / filter out private servers that have passwords.

Thanks @An Israeli Cab Driver, glad you're loving the Canyons & thanks for the feedback :) (not that I can really change anything to do with CSP)
No doubts. I'm a sysadmin so I know as well as anyone that what doesn't get reported might never get fixed.
Sometimes adding to the body of knowledge is useful, even if one doesn't get a fix for their exact issue/desire.

From what I discovered, the most important thing is keeping the AI number to around 15 or Less.
(While using CM Trackday Mode / CSP AI Flood / CSP New AI Behaviour, all the same thing, too many names!)
Although I have a feeling it's important to have both the AI level / aggression moderately high to push the AI through (what it sees as) an approx 4m wide, 52 mile long track!
If you're still experiencing broken cars, it's likely because AI Flood (And AC engine in general) drops them on to the track, and depending on the settings, they can sometimes drop on the wrong lane, facing in the wrong direction... and have trouble trying to do a three point turn, in what they see as a 4m wide road.
All interesting, thanks.
So if I'm reading well, turning damage back on shouldn't affect AI behavior much?

I will try dropping AI to 12.

Not sure what you consider "moderately high". I have Opponent Strength set to 93.5 +/- 3.9% and Aggression at 62.9 +/- 12.3%.

Give us a heads up if you see any problems there.

As for the dropping them in the wrong lane, I guess you're saying not much can be done about that? Not the end of the world.

One thing I noticed (on another track but with these settings) was that a crashed AI car that I passed seemingly would appear further/later on track but still broken. So my question is does this AI flood just slew/spawn cars elsewhere on the track (ie ahead of me) but without repairing them? Is that how this works/should work?

I've yet to see this on LAC but in the last week-ish I've not had much rig time so who knows.

Thanks for everything. Happy new year and can't wait to see what you do with PCH!

So sick. This and PCH are all that are needed with AC IMHO. The rest is just bonus material haha. Just kidding ofc, well, kinda serious :) I think I will be driving some SuperGT/JGTC cars on these awesome maps/tracks and that is honestly, a dream come true with the Reverb G2on i9-10980XE/RTX 3090 :) Now if only I could find the wheel, and pedals I need, and the wheel I want. The wait time is soooooo long and I can stand waiting anymore haha.

I've followed all the guidance regarding number of cars, aggression, etc. in Track Day mode for LAC w/ Two-Way Traffic. I get everything working pretty smoothly, but when I'm done with my drive and exit AC, my machine locks up in a nasty way (requiring a hard reboot). I've only seen this mentioned one other place in all my searching, and there wasn't really a solution posted. Anyone else seeing this? Anyone have a solution or additional suggestions?

I'm running a relatively beefy machine, all current version of Content Manager, AC, and Content Shader (at recommended 0.60 version), so cannot imagine what would cause the lockup.

This is a beautiful sim...more so with traffic...but this one piece of heartburn makes me reluctant to jump into it as often as I'd like to.

Thanks.

Last edited:
I've followed all the guidance regarding number of cars, aggression, etc. in Track Day mode for LAC w/ Two-Way Traffic. I get everything working pretty smoothly, but when I'm done with my drive and exit AC, my machine locks up in a nasty way (requiring a hard reboot). I've only seen this mentioned one other place in all my searching, and there wasn't really a solution posted. Anyone else seeing this? Anyone have a solution or additional suggestions?

I'm running a relatively beefy machine, all current version of Content Manager, AC, and Content Shader (at recommended 0.60 version), so cannot imagine what would cause the lockup.

This is a beautiful sim...more so with traffic...but this one piece of heartburn makes me reluctant to jump into it as often as I'd like to.

Thanks.
something to do with the long ai line i think
few, not to say everyone, had those long quiting time too.
But no reboot necessary. i Just had to wait

something to do with the long ai line i think
few, not to say everyone, had those long quiting time too.
But no reboot necessary. i Just had to wait
Kinda same here. More often that it's a bit of a long exit time but sometimes it's quick, sometimes I get a game "crash" on exit (still seems to save my replay and nothing broke so idk..)
I also never really pinned it to this track. It is the track I play the most so maybe I'm not paying close enough attention but I think I'm sure it might possibly have sort of happened on other tracks. Maybe.

I've installed this as a platinum purchase on CM when I try load race it says track missing. What have i done wrong?
see here
"most likely the track isn't in the correct location" :

Missing camera 7 in replay mode and it's killing me! Hard to edit videos for YT without that view. Is it something I screwed up? All I get is a static view of the track instead of it following the car and switching locations automatically. I'm running the VIP Platinum package and Content manager.

Thanks for any help!
Got that same issue here, stationary drone view, no other camera spots on the track, car drives until it's a dot lol,

Got that same issue here, stationary drone view, no other camera spots on the track, car drives until it's a dot lol,
camera is related to ai line
if the track is AI compatible, chances are the cameras will work
if you start driving backward on the main loop for example, cameras won't work properly
if you drive the extra roads, there won't be cameras etc.

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 38 8.3%
  • Monthly

Votes: 21 4.6%
  • Yearly

Votes: 31 6.8%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.7%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.4%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 10 2.2%