LA Canyons

Tracks LA Canyons 1.2

Login or Register an account to download this content
The trees looked quite finished from Kenny's images - is an update imminent for general performance testing?
Little things to adjust, but pretty much finished as per density and positions yes.
Still there is a lot of popping (LOD distance) that would need solving.. (adjusting manually all the LOD depending on location, and that's time consuming -_-

Yeah, enjoying the trees version too, little tweeking on the shader settings and it'll be really good. I have pretty good performance overall in VR on an old 970 :)
The rocks look even better than 0.55, they're awesome!

Google map saying 42minutes 'round the lap, was this recorded with the Transit ? @garyjpaterson
lac_around.PNG

wow so impressed- i have been up here a couple of times, this is so cool, can't wait, i woul dlike to familiarize myself better, wrecks in the real world are devastating up there.

wow so impressed- i have been up here a couple of times, this is so cool, can't wait, i woul dlike to familiarize myself better, wrecks in the real world are devastating up there.
Thanks @davoroni
Yeah the real roads are incredible I bet... And yes these roads IRL are really really dangerous I'm sure... Always keep any fast driving only to Assetto Corsa :) :thumbsup: :cool:

High Res... FFB road meshes for the main loop area (including slightly bumpier side roads) are now done.... They come in at 1.8 million polys... and a kn5 size of 250mbs... They're quite subtle in a 'softer' road car... But in something like a GT40... expect to have a bumpier ride!
Racecars will more than likely need a special road setup around here now!

Made from 12 extremely long displacement maps, 360m's long... in an almost random pattern... some of them rotated 180°.
It was so huge... I had to split the area into 11 different scenes.... each scene before optimising back was around 10 million polys... so for 11 scenes, approx 110 million polys were used just for the main loop area.

Last edited:
y'all busy with ACC and we still busy on the Canyon, planting trees, carving wood and so on
Next update should become a serious competitor for Unreal Engine.

lac_smokey.png

y'all busy with ACC and we still busy on the Canyon, planting trees, carving wood and so on
Next update should become a serious competitor for Unreal Engine.

lac_smokey.png
ACC might interest me much further down the line but I'm staying faithful to OG AC for the foreseeable future - it's never been in a stronger position.

Good old Smokey the bear.... A subtle tribute to losing Burt Reynolds (The Bandit) last week, RIP. Considering he stared in 'Smokey and the Bandit' and his career started with Gun'smoke'
smokey.jpg

There will be various other little easter eggs to find around the track :)

Release of LA Canyons 0.8 will be coming next Friday :)
EDIT: That's the 21st September :D

Last edited:
ACC might interest me much further down the line but I'm staying faithful to OG AC for the foreseeable future - it's never been in a stronger position.
Of course. Anyone who is planning on "giving up" on AC or uninstalling it is a moron, in my opinion. ACC is a GT3 simulator. That's it. Is it destined to be the greatest GT3 simulator this earth has ever known? Maybe. I hope so.

But, if you're going to give up 100+ cars (official content) and 20+ tracks which offer you a tremendous variety of racing formats...I'm sorry, but that's being stupid. ACC should improve in every way compared to AC, although it may not, only time will tell. Still, it's a Blancpain dedicated racing title and offers no variety than racing GT3 cars. I hope it ends up being spectacular, but that is never, ever going to satisfy me more than pushing my Ferrari F40 hard around Nordschleife. Never.

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 38 8.6%
  • Monthly

Votes: 20 4.5%
  • Yearly

Votes: 29 6.6%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.7%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.5%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 10 2.3%