LA Canyons

Tracks LA Canyons 1.2

Login or Register an account to download this content
upload_2018-9-13_15-2-23.png

smokey the bear! he will haunt my nights
upload_2018-9-13_15-0-28.png

fire danger "in progress" XD
can we make fire and smoke in tracks in AC ?

ok just one spam.
Screenshot_acura_nsx_la_canyons_13-9-118-22-48-49.jpg

Last edited:
View attachment 269453
smokey the bear! he will haunt my nights
View attachment 269452
fire danger "in progress" XD
can we make fire and smoke in tracks in AC ?
lol In AC the only way would be the ksFlags shader...
But I'm pretty sure the Unreal engine will handle it well mate ;)

that's next friday sorry to announce :confused::whistling:
john is fighting with cameras!
while i'm fighting with smokey the bear.
Ooops maybe I should have put a date on post 719 :D
Fighting with cameras is a good way of putting it... It's a massive pain in the.... Not being able to accurately select the IN / OUT points for 130 cams, by simply clicking on the AI line...
But on the plus side... thanks to Bens awesome details... picking nice views is extremely easy and pretty fun.
My estimation of 4 hours for cameras, per layout was way way way off! :D

lol In AC the only way would be the ksFlags shader...
But I'm pretty sure the Unreal engine will handle it well mate ;)

Ooops maybe I should have put a date on post 719 :D
Fighting with cameras is a good way of putting it... It's a massive pain in the.... Not being able to accurately select the IN / OUT points for 130 cams, by simply clicking on the AI line...
But on the plus side... thanks to Bens awesome details... picking nice views is extremely easy and pretty fun.
My estimation of 4 hours for cameras, per layout was way way way off! :D

A Herculean effort without question!! Wow!!

i think it's safe to tease the previews given the pixel size XD

View attachment 269980 View attachment 269981
you may see Kenny's van waiting kindly!
Given the pixel size they're great teaser photo's :)
@Kenny Paton You'll have a nice view from your van now... So many things to look at... It would take me ages to list them all ;)

In the second screenshot, some of the trees seem to float. Is this just because of the low resolution?
No floating trees that I've noticed and I've slowly worked my way round putting quite a few cameras in..... and on that note....

132 track cameras for the normal layout all switching nicely ;)
That was a monumental camera job... mainly working out 130+ switches manually.

This only applies if you know a little about modding / cameras.
Seeing as all the layouts apart from 'Reverse' use the normal timing gates...
If you know what you're doing modding wise... you can simply copy the AI line from the normal layout... into the freeroam layout.... so you can use the cameras in a server. With an AI line in the folder, and penalties on.... you'll have to drive in a clockwise direction (sort of negating freeroam temporarily)...
But they also work if you want to use them for saved replays... then when you're done... rename the fast_lane.ai to something else (so the game can't find it)....
and you'll be able to drive in any direction again.

A little bit of a messy workaround... But if you want track cameras on freeroam layouts... It works!

In the second screenshot, some of the trees seem to float. Is this just because of the low resolution?
the floating trees is probably due to shader issue on ks_tree

screenshot below, i already posted something in dumb thread but no solutions to that from the track modders.
upper tree/bush are ks_tree shader cast shadow ON
lower are ks_grass with cast shadow OFF (if ON they cast shadow on their own)
upload_2018-9-17_14-29-29.png

ks_grass receive shadow
ks_tree don't receive shadow, looking like it's glowing in the shade, and that... sucks.

I contacted x4fab (dev of CM & night shader & all the great things he coded), who said it's trickier than it seems to fix that, but will look more into it. I really really hope he can come up with a solution, that would make trees so much nicer all around the track!
I think kunos didn't bother with this, because most tracks are flat and it's not often they should receive shadows.

As a little bonus for anyone following this thread.... If you want Track Cameras for the normal layout......... Here they are :)

Place in the la_canyons/normal/data folder.... and if you know a little about modding... use them in the other layouts.... as you need.

For the other people who don't follow this thread... they'll have to wait until Friday (21st)

Attachments

• cameras.ini
    59.8 KB · Views: 170
As a little bonus for anyone following this thread.... If you want Track Cameras for the normal layout......... Here they are :)

Place in the la_canyons/normal/data folder.... and if you know a little about modding... use them in the other layouts.... as you need.

For the other people who don't follow this thread... they'll have to wait until Friday (21st)
Ahhhh the moment I've been waiting for! Amazing work, great angles and vantage points. The beauty of the track really shines with the cameras! Thank you !

Thanks mate... It was a lot of playing about manually with in/out points!
Think they were the most difficult cams I've made.
I'm happy they switch pretty well :)
And it was seriously easy to pick nice angles with Ben's scenery... almost too easy!

Hi Phoenix, I absolutely love your track! I donated a few months ago and we raced online a few times.

I got a question, maybe someone from the community know. Is it possible to select a new starting point in the map?

Kind regards and looking forward for new updates !

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 36 8.4%
  • Monthly

Votes: 20 4.7%
  • Yearly

Votes: 29 6.8%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.7%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.5%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 10 2.3%