Modding Programs / Modding Questions

The lose of time is because I send Kartik an editable surface_materials.xml file and he's too crazy to mod it. :D

Flow.bin - no. It has nothing to do with such things. When you simply put the old flow.bin the PC saves your progress. If you don't - it doesn't. The new one checks for changes to files and if you've touched the game - it doesn't save.
I'm crazy after all and i would like to know one thing do decreasing the Engine power reduces the time?? like 750 bhp to 650 bhp do it decreases

Yes...? C'mon, you're the biggest "star" of the modders around here.. Why do you ask such questions...? :|
Well i must say i'm not the star and i'm not even a good modder also
I just trying to give what i can do and to release mods which are reliable like your mod and ACE mod
My Point here is:
It was just theoretical i was thinking by decreasing BHP makes the cars accelerate slower but they will reach the top speed
So if we decrease the BHP to 650 how much time we might loose about ???
I really got Frustrated by getting 1:21 in Aus 1:29 to 1:30 in both sepang and China

Well i must say i'm not the star and i'm not even a good modder also
I just trying to give what i can do and to release mods which are reliable like your mod and ACE mod
My Point here is:
It was just theoretical i was thinking by decreasing BHP makes the cars accelerate slower but they will reach the top speed
So if we decrease the BHP to 650 how much time we might loose about ???
I really got Frustrated by getting 1:21 in Aus 1:29 to 1:30 in both sepang and China

If you decrease the BHP, it will only affect AI. They will reach top speed, but probably only on Monza or something.. 650 is way too low.

The lose of time is because I send Kartik an editable surface_materials.xml file and he's too crazy to mod it. :D

Flow.bin - no. It has nothing to do with such things. When you simply put the old flow.bin the PC saves your progress. If you don't - it doesn't. The new one checks for changes to files and if you've touched the game - it doesn't save.

Thanks for that but is it possible to change the default drivers as I described? Different helmet + name? :)

Thanks for that but is it possible to change the default drivers as I described? Different helmet + name? :)

Name? Yes. language_eng.lng is located in "language" folder which is located in the root folder of the game. You can open it with Ryder's language editor ==> http://petar.outer-heaven.net/downloads/

Can any painters out there tell me what it is I need to do to make sure any car paints I do are HD? Do I need to save in a certain way for example?

Thanks for any help.

HD is high resolution. 4096x4096 is the resolution modders usually use for the best quality for this game.

Can someone, pmgl, ML2166 maybe, tell me how I can get the orange airbrush strokes from Buemi's helmet in Photoshop? Which tool is the best to use?

tororosso_str4_2009_f1_car-30.jpg

Can someone, pmgl, ML2166 maybe, tell me how I can get the orange airbrush strokes from Buemi's helmet in Photoshop? Which tool is the best to use?

Draw the shape you want on a seperate layer, then using a soft edged eraser brush away the bits you don't need.

Where would you get F1 2011 car 3d models for photoshop cs5?

High_lod car files within the each individual team car folder.

Take it into 3dsimed remove some double layers, export as a 3ds model.....take into photoshop.

Name? Yes. language_eng.lng is located in "language" folder which is located in the root folder of the game. You can open it with Ryder's language editor ==> http://petar.outer-heaven.net/downloads/

Cheers, replacing the helmet should be possible if I replace the ...\f1 2011\characters\models\highelmetfelipe_massa.pssg with a custom file and rename it to the old drivers name, for example. Just a thought but that should work, shouldn't it? :)

So that I change the drivers name from Felipe Massa to Herpy Derp and replace the file but leave it named highelmetfelipe_massa.pssg.

Hi folks,

I have recently tried to further my skills in paints by editing a skin of the 'west' mclaren as practice. The clearly very skilled painter in question has got the word west on the rear wing to look like its 'overlaid' on the spoiler itself. I imagine this was done by a layer? So my question is, how would I go about removing the word west but not the wing underneath, if you see what I mean?

Ideally I'd then want to lay an image over that. Is it possible to see and separate the layers used by the original artist and edit them individually?

Thanks for any help and thanks for the help on HD!

Cheers, replacing the helmet should be possible if I replace the ...\f1 2011\characters\models\highelmetfelipe_massa.pssg with a custom file and rename it to the old drivers name, for example. Just a thought but that should work, shouldn't it? :)

So that I change the drivers name from Felipe Massa to Herpy Derp and replace the file but leave it named highelmetfelipe_massa.pssg.

Oh, yes. I forgot about the 2nd question again. Sorry. :redface:

As for hill's question. I'm not into such modding. I can't help you when you get so deep into it. :/ :D

Hi folks,

I have recently tried to further my skills in paints by editing a skin of the 'west' mclaren as practice. The clearly very skilled painter in question has got the word west on the rear wing to look like its 'overlaid' on the spoiler itself. I imagine this was done by a layer? So my question is, how would I go about removing the word west but not the wing underneath, if you see what I mean?

Ideally I'd then want to lay an image over that. Is it possible to see and separate the layers used by the original artist and edit them individually?

Thanks for any help and thanks for the help on HD!

The only way around this if the image is on a single layer is to completely redo the rear wing part.

My suggestion is to draw the shape again on a seperate layer using the colour of your choice.

Open up the original specc file in the car folder and bring it into photoshop.

Make sure the specc file is the same size as your image you are currently working on (it won't be as standard).

On the specc file click on the channels button on the layers palette, and select the blue channel only, once selected, click on (select) tab at the top and select all, click (edit) and copy, now go to your working image file and click paste. This should leave you with a black and white shadow image over your working image to correct scale.

Now on the layers tab click multiply from the drop down menu.

Your layer should now go partly transparent leaving only the blacks behind.

Remove what you don't need for the wing, then apply your new logo.

The only way around this if the image is on a single layer is to completely redo the rear wing part.

My suggestion is to draw the shape again on a seperate layer using the colour of your choice.

Open up the original specc file in the car folder and bring it into photoshop.

Make sure the specc file is the same size as your image you are currently working on (it won't be as standard).

On the specc file click on the channels button on the layers palette, and select the blue channel only, once selected, click on (select) tab at the top and select all, click (edit) and copy, now go to your working image file and click paste. This should leave you with a black and white shadow image over your working image to correct scale.

Now on the layers tab click multiply from the drop down menu.

Your layer should now go partly transparent leaving only the blacks behind.

Remove what you don't need for the wing, then apply your new logo.

Thank you very much for the answer. Do you know how to do this in paint.net?

Latest News

What brands would you like to see with more engagement in simracing?

• Ferrari

Votes: 268 36.9%
  • Porsche

Votes: 278 38.3%
  • BMW

Votes: 257 35.4%
  • McLaren

Votes: 170 23.4%
  • Toyota

Votes: 273 37.6%
  • Intel

Votes: 91 12.5%