Natural Mod PP Filter

Misc Natural Mod PP Filter 27

Login or Register an account to download this content
Hello!

I am currently using CM and latest Natural PP-filter in VR and i am very happy with it.
I uninstalled Sol because it killed my fps in VR.
But i have tested different CM versiond and i miss smoke in Natural filter.
Is there no smoke from tyres and of track dust or is there any more smoke settings than in the AC video settings?

Chris Kennedy updated Natural Mod Filter with a new update entry:

Minor refinements, should be the last for a while

Sol users:
Sol minimum version: 2.1 alpha 12 (from https://discord.gg/KeHxbSX)

• Night brightness level tweaked - user can now fine tune through sol config app
  • Ambient light colour temp adjusted
  • Sun intensity reduced (less blown out at high sun)
  • Added a variable "day_contrast" at the top of the .lua. the top 3 lines of the .lua are those that you might like to tweak based on your display...

Read the rest of this update entry...

I am thinking about trying your filter. What is the latest recommended version for using with SOL 1,5x/1.6 and CSP 0.160?
Many thx in advance:)

Last edited:
Sorry for ignoring posts, somehow missed the notifications.

@Buzz_Buzz_Buzz did you get it sorted? if not a screenshot with the sol weather apps open might give a clue

Love the filter but had to go to an older version because somehow the sun wasn't glowing like before i like the "blinding" effect" of the direct sunlight in the sim
If you can show a screenshot of how it looks with the old version you like then that would be handy

Last edited:

@Buzz_Buzz_Buzz did you get it sorted? if not a screenshot with the sol weather apps open might give a clue

If you can show a screenshot of how it looks with the old version you like then that would be handy
No, unfortunately not. Using Alpha 22 now and CSP 1.73. Still getting a black sky. This happens only with Natural Mod; the built-in Sol filters and A3PP work fine. I would still love Natural Mod for VR!

Edit: this screenshot was at nighttime, but the sky is black during the day too. The sun appears in the correct position.

Attachments

• sol with natural mod black sky.jpg
    sol with natural mod black sky.jpg
    748 KB · Views: 95
Last edited:
No, unfortunately not. Using Alpha 22 now and CSP 1.73. Still getting a black sky. This happens only with Natural Mod; the built-in Sol filters and A3PP work fine. I would still love Natural Mod for VR!

Edit: this screenshot was at nighttime, but the sky is black during the day too. The sun appears in the correct position.
very odd. I'm using exact same csp and sol version as you.

can you post another screenshot with the sol weather app like this (you need to close and open the app from the taskbar on the right to get it to display the text) it will show the error reason there.
1615896520705.png

I've uninstalled Sol multiple times both with the batch file and manually, and it still comes up as 2.0.2 when I reinstall. I've also uninstalled and reinstalled CSP. Does your window say 2.1?
yep see my image a few posts up. just updated to alpha 23 and the weather app shows this. definitely need to work out how to get sol 2.1 properly installed as it is clearly not installing correctly

Hi Chris I've made two screenshots in the same conditions to compare newer filter with older and this is what I mean:
The one that there's no sunrays is with the newer version of the filter

Attachments

• 20210323140001_1.jpg
    20210323140001_1.jpg
    170.6 KB · Views: 76
  • 20210323140011_1.jpg
    20210323140011_1.jpg
    266.7 KB · Views: 70
  • 20210323140957_1.jpg
    20210323140957_1.jpg
    202.6 KB · Views: 71

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 34 8.7%
  • Monthly

Votes: 19 4.8%
  • Yearly

Votes: 28 7.1%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.8%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.5%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 10 2.6%