OLD race tracks circuits (1930-1970) opinion, query, MUST HAVE

good morning:)
I wanted to ask those who like to race in old formula 1 (1950-1970)....
(or even if they are not from f1, they can be from touring cars...etc, you know, they are one of those that had straw tied as protection, telephone poles as a barrier for the drivers' heads, and public in the middle of the track trying to have better vision of the cars)

what are the "MUST HAVE" tracks that you recommend me from those years?

in my list I have:
Gnoo Blas Motor racing circuit 1953
bremgarten 54
spa 58 FDsign & Philrob
reims 67
reims 50 v1.1 f1pilotejv
snetterton 64
solitude 64

and track packs:
1965 trackpack (all 60s from 1965 f1 mod)
1967 tackpack (from f1 classic 1967 mod)
1967 trackpack (from f1 1967 historical mod)

(not from this era...but Lime rock park and Cadwell park are fun)

you know more than me ... some "old" circuit or trackpack? (the limit is 1970...not beyond)

Thanks a lot

(I forgot... rouen les esart... I think it's included in one of these trackpacks)

Last edited:
Brno
Sachsenring
Targa Florio
Clermont-Ferrand
Dundrod
Isle of Man
Schottenring
Sudschliefe

if you don't mind fictional tracks, Machwerk is a wonderful course

Thank you...
If you can edit your comment I would really appreciate it.
(the name of the files or who made them...)
brdoesn't seem to be modern...or is there an old one?

old I mean VERY old (1930-1969)

Anyway, thanks.

someone else?

Was Isle Of Mann converted from Jim Pearsons GPL original? That would be incredible. Where can that be downloaded.

Was Isle Of Mann converted from Jim Pearsons GPL original? That would be incredible. Where can that be downloaded.
It's been converted, but without permission, and IMO doesn't look great. Can recommend the version lovingly converted with permission from Jim to rF2, though – it looks stunning, drives very well.

ok..this has gotten out of control.
obviously there are many old circuits...
(unfortunately many circuits are not made to be used by the ai... rather they are used online... and the aiw (ai car layout line), the fuel or pit strategies... are wrong "converted", "forgotten", or are unfinished work.)

What I mean is... circuits that are no bigger than the old SPA...I'm sure some of these circuits are incredible...but I don't want to be touring an entire island just for one lap. and be circuits tested for ai.

Thank you very much for your recommendations, I will take a close look at those circuits.:):);)

(Anyone else recommend old circuits between 1940-1969, no bigger than the old spa, and "well tested" for offline ia?) I'd appreciate it.

you mean brno 1965, sachsenring 1967, longford 1967?...it looks interesting...but i can't find it anywhere to have it. (!!!!!!!!:cry::cry::cry:)

clermond ferrand? by motorfx... there is "another version" (HD HQ)... by philrob(?)..it is found in the f1 1965 HD trackpack (croms)

sudcheleife?... I have nordschleife 67 hq... I think I'm stuffed.

personally I would choose circuits of less than 11 km.

I found Aintree 2.0
ANY MORE? (1940-1969, less than 11 km)

Ok. Longford matches your requirements. It's about the same length as Reims. Its historically significant (60s Tasman Series). It has good AI. Just make sure if you want to get the pits to work you have to enter to the right of where the yellow pit line starts. Has awesome day night transition. To download enter "Longford". In the search field at the following link:

h t t p:/ / t t.s e rv egame . co m:2 00/ R FAC TOR1 /

(Delete the spaces in the string above, Racedepartment does not like links in text.

either I don't have any neurons...or the link doesn't go anywhere (delete the spaces...but still, it doesn't go anywhere):cry::cry:

EDIT: google chrome is wrong for me... now it works. Thank you

Last edited:
Brno65 is essentially the 1935 GP circuit, roughly 13km (a long fast straight and a twisting section through town streets).

Sachsenring67, about 8km, big triangle with hairpins, major elevation changes, and short section through streets

Dundrod1950, around 11km, beautiful track through Irish countryside

SchottenRing67, 16km, quite varied track, part smooth asphalt, part bumpy cobblestone

Opatija (aka Preluk), 6km; different versions available under each name

Sudschliefe, 7km, part of Nueburg_67-70 which includes Nordschliefe, Sudschliefe, and Gesamtstrecke (Nord and Sud combined, only used for a few races in late thirties)

Apologies for IOM, I have it in GTR2 (great track) and heard it was available for rfactor.

Last edited:
Thank you very much for the help in the search...

I was mainly looking for very "retro" circuits (for cars from 1960-1969)... you know with hay tied as protection, telephone poles as if they were containment net,
and that they are "iconic", of course opatija is a good circuit... but old snetterton, or reims, aintree are memorable.
as well as these... I was looking for others.

Thank you for your help in my search.:):)
(I leave the thread... if you want, leave more comments so that others can benefit. Greetings and goodbye)

my current top must have
(in addition to those named above)

albi 67 3.0 by neel jani (old french circuit)

Zolder 1967 v1.3 by Rainmaker (and DerDumeklemmer)...even more dangerous than the current one.

Leipziger Stadtparkrennen v1_15 by f1_edition (small circuit in old german town very narrow and dangerous) (beware low fps)

Karlsruhe Badische Strecke v1_05 by f1_edition (small circuit in a very narrow and dangerous German town...it's a simple "modern" highway :( but the town is in the middle of the countryside)

bathurst 1967 (mount panorama...in 67...it was VERY dangerous, it looks like gpl)

...and my current favourite:

Machwerk67_V2_Culmone67 (machwerk 1967 by culmone)...it's simply spectacular!!!!! amazing!!!!
17 km from MANY towns and German countryside from 1967...with cobblestones, dirt, telephone poles...simply beautiful.:confused::)

(too bad it's not for me... 17 km is too much... mainly if the size is bigger than the spa or bathhurst... it becomes too heavy for me ( concentration)

can't give them a try yet: brno 65, longford 67, dundrod 50, sachsenring 67...but i'm about to give them a try.

I also HIGHLY recommend the circuits and trackpacks that I listed ABOVE (in the first comment)

my idea was to have formula 1 cars from 1965 and 1967 (last year without aerodynamics) with the most characteristic and charming circuits of those years

I know that nothing can match GRAND PRIX LEGENDS .....
but some of these circuits are combined with mod like "f1 1965 by croms", or the "f1 1967 classic", or the similar "legend racing" by boreks, or the "f1 1967 historical HE"...or the "1967 classic reloaded 1.1" (yes, I found it) are guaranteed fun.
(if you play with the ai, you have to configure the ai...in the config files (".plr")...but it's still a lot of fun)

(Obviously, lime rock park isn't that old but it's ideal for small cars...remember to install the lime rock park fix so the AI doesn't lose control)

I think your brain faded...:D:roflmao: in my last comment I mentioned "legend racing" by boreks (the one with names similar to the real ones)...I've had it for a long time. Thank you

as for riverside and bridgehampton...they are "remastered" in the "croms f1 1965" trackpack among other remastered wonders.(...and bugs) (inside the trackpack)
Thank you very much for your answers and recommendations.

some other old school circuits, between 1950 and 1969 smaller than spa, made for offline ia?. (I leave this thread free... whoever wants to leave recommendations I appreciate it)

my updated list of essentials to have:
(for formulas between 60 and 67)

gnoo blas 1953
: very similar to longford, I mean it's excellent, Australian rural road (a triangle of a few kilometers) has a very hot appearance of temperature.

albi 67 : very similar to aintree...old atmosphere with better views and design

bathurst 67: what to say... even more dangerous for hard to handle 60's formulas.

dundrod: 11km of simply spectacular...the design, and the speed is unforgettable...a high-speed ride through england's villages.

spa 1958 (it covers between 58 to 69 actually): according to the designers, the most realistic spa of those years....I really think so...it's a work from scratch...it looks a lot like the remastered gpl one. (unfortunately...it's quite heavy...perhaps the 4gb patch will fix it)

longford: just like gnoo blas... an unforgettable "triangle"... with towns, rivers, and a lot of Australian heat. (Beware, the slightest brush at high speed with a light pole or bush can seriously impair your race)

reims 67: the original and simple triangle of reims is very good, even being simple... it is ideal for these old formulas. (there is a version, reims 50...it is even older, it reaches the nearby town...and returns to the triangle...the circuit looks even better than the 67 one...(textures, design) but they are tastes personal (50 is a bit heavier than fps)

norschleife 2007: the modern nordsh (I recommend the "2007 2.2a" it has all the versions of the nords)...although it is modern...it is a mandatory challenge.
(there is the nordschleife 1967 or 65...somewhat outdated in textures, design and general image...but it is completely remastered in the 1965 trackpack!!!!!)

Sachsenring 1967 (v1.5_by_Rainmaker) highly recommended...very good design and appearance.

snetterton 64: the old snett, simple and fast (like easter egg...includes rabbits or hares...don't try to touch them at high speed...I tried and can't brake before speeding up the bridge)
(it's fully remastered on the 1965 trackpack)

zolder 67: faster and more dangerous without the modern chicanes.

others recommended (not for me, but they are still very good):

charade (clermont ferrand) : this medium-large circuit is fully remastered on the 1965 trackpack (from croms)
aintree 2.1 : it has some texture bug... but otherwise it has a very old racing environment (small-medium size)

Karlsruhe Badische Strecke v1_05 by f1_edition : German motorway in rural town. very interesting (some fps heavy for me)

reims 50: alternative to reims 67...better texture quality, better design...the circuit reaches the nearby town and "returns" to the normal layout.

Machwerk 67 (V2_Culmone67) - Simply a beauty of a place.:confused::) It is too big for me, but it is a delight to walk through the German towns of the 60s... (I don't know why but it is ideal to go slowly in a slow rural car)

bremergarten 54?
brno 65 ?
Leipziger Stadtparkrennen?
Solitude 64?

respectively:
fps problems and a very noticeable visual bug.
random ctd. (plus dundrod has a much better overall look)
fps issues.
very low fps issues.

You also have the trackpacks...
the 67
one brings (obviously) to the 67 circuits:
kyalami, mexico, monaco, OLD monza oval, mosport, nordschleife, ROUEN LES ESSARTS (unbeatable graphic quality...completely beautiful), silverstone, spa, watkings glen, zandvoort).... all of them in "normal" quality of modeling and textures. (except rouen...that one looks spectacular)

and the 1965 trackpack has FULLY REMASTERED (textures and general appearance) to:

river side
brands hatch
bridgehampton
charade (clermont ferrant)
daytona 2000 km
East London (Prince George Grand Prix Circuit)
goodwood
oulton park
snetterton

and of course....mexico, monaco, monza, monza 10km oval, norschleife 67, watkins gleen spa, zandvoort, silverstone
(all fully remastered....look out: fps)

besides that they are repeated to represent a specific race, example: the f1 spa is not the same as the spa500 km...textures, images, posters, etc...same circuit, different posters)

Here some additional tracks; Brooklands, DoningtonPark1937, El Cairo, HistoricInterlagos, Mellaha, Pau, Pedralbes, Pescara57, Porto58, Torino, Virtua_LM_Rouen.

...i dislike seeing the painted curbs of modern tracks as the nose of my Vanwall apexes:D

Last edited:

Latest News

What brands would you like to see with more engagement in simracing?

• Ferrari

Votes: 266 37.0%
  • Porsche

Votes: 276 38.4%
  • BMW

Votes: 255 35.5%
  • McLaren

Votes: 168 23.4%
  • Toyota

Votes: 271 37.7%
  • Intel

Votes: 90 12.5%