old threads merged

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just gave it a try at Snetterton 300. Doesn't feel floaty on my G25, in fact the car felt as planted as a light open-wheeler with high downforce should feel. I can feel the scrub of the tyres and judge exactly how much turn-in I need to get around a turn. My only gripe is that the FFB feels strange over kerbs... it sounds like a lawnmower engine starting up and feels "muffled" if that's the right word for it..

EDIT: Seems that it's the kerbs at Snetterton that gave me that reaction. Just taken the car out at Sears Point and it feels much better over those kerbs.

This is the officially licensed Formula Two car, as seen in this championship: http://formula2.com/

It has become my favorite rFactor2 car, and considering how much I love the historic cars, is really saying something. I hope you enjoy how thoroughly drive-able it is, and although it does have a lot of downforce, how much it moves and gives you that 'seat of the pants' feel the historics tend to.

HTTP: Will be available on Wednesday (U.S.) from ISI. 296MB
HTTP Mirrors: See downloads thread (should be up tonight somewhere).
Torrent: Download. 296MB
Paint template: Download.

Notes:
- This mod is standalone. It doesn't require other rfmod packages to be installed.
- This mod comes with a new version of Palm Beach.
- There are 20 AI drivers from F2. Run with 19-20 AI for a full field.
- Markus Pommer (F2 driver) is not simulated in the F2 series itself due to his sponsor. We will replace the sponsor, and add him, in a later update.
- AI are using statistics and results from the first 12 rounds. Any drivers who participate or get better/worse after round 12, will be added/edited in a later tweak.
- Players may want to run an unaccelerated/unskipped qualifying session (30mins, unlimited/30 laps) at the moment. By allowing the AI to set times, the race will run more realistic (less slow drivers causing bunching) as the grid will be more ordered.
- Overboost is disabled until proper rules are implemented.
- In-car adjustable front wing not yet implemented.
- Some users may experience white LED shift lights.
- Some users who use filtering in their FFB, may want to use more for this car. Later tire tweaks may take away the need to do this.
- We believe wet tyres are too slippery in heavy wet conditions and are waiting on more data.

Screenshots and videos (these are older than the version you are going to download):

Couple of screenshots of the F2 car cockpit.

Video of a race against the AI.

Source: ISI forum

Just gave it a try at Snetterton 300. Doesn't feel floaty on my G25, in fact the car felt as planted as a light open-wheeler with high downforce should feel. I can feel the scrub of the tyres and judge exactly how much turn-in I need to get around a turn. My only gripe is that the FFB feels strange over kerbs... it sounds like a lawnmower engine starting up and feels "muffled" if that's the right word for it..

EDIT: Seems that it's the kerbs at Snetterton that gave me that reaction. Just taken the car out at Sears Point and it feels much better over those kerbs.

Am I the only one who's having top end speed problems? It's like someone forgot to put the turbo inyin the car. I checked the gearing and the ratios are as close as can be.

Mario Morais has announced he is working on the rf2 version of Laguna Seca. It's still a work in progress, but the first screenshots look nice already!

laguna002.jpg

GRAB_113.JPG

GRAB_119.JPG

GRAB_123.JPG

Origninal thread on ISI forum, click here

I gave this car a try after not being terribly impressed with previous efforts, and i was pleasantly surprised! Here's a quick vid (excuse the mistakes, i was coming to the end of a long run, note the state of the tyres!)

This is what Luciano Bacheta told me on twitter just now about the F2 handling in rF2: "i think it's as close to the real thing as you can get without spending huge $$$. I drive both f2 and rf2 the same way."

Seems a pretty good endorsement!

A possible reason for this has been posted at the ISI forums by Tuttle (the guy who's made the Top Gear Test Track and the Dallara F309):

Tuttle said:
I know they're 2 different cars...but I just made a little test forcing a 2.5° caster (instead 10°) on my Dallara F309 and the result is 101% the same. So...if the F2 caster have to be locked at 2.5° we probably have to live with it...

So it's possible that the perceived strange FFB has something to do with the F2's low caster...

Could somebody throw together some sort of parking lot/airfield type track that is a bunch of open space with maybe a few obstacles?
I want to practice stuff like handbrake turns or heel-toe shifting but I get annoyed having only one good corner to practice on a circuit and then having to do a whole other lap to get another try.

I guess I could just suck it up and keep going but if its something that would take an experienced modder like 10 minutes (no idea) then it would be cool.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How are you going to watch 24 hours of Le Mans

• On national tv

Votes: 265 34.2%
  • Eurosport app/website

Votes: 214 27.6%
  • WEC app/website

Votes: 145 18.7%
  • Watch party