old threads merged

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mountain Forest for rFactor2 by Mário Morais | mj-multimedia.net

This track is a conversion of my old track "Mountain Florest" from rFactor.

Is a fantasy track i made in rf1 for fun races. Is great for clios and classics

07/08/2012 beta 0.5 --> DOWNLOAD LINK

Changes:
- Tunnels lights and textures
- Road geometry retouch and textures.
- water texture test
- HDR profile (but the game don't loading it) disable HDR for best color.

02/08/2012 Beta 0.4 ---> DOWNLOAD LINK

Mirrors:
www.drivingitalia.net

- Only Road have rf2 new technology.
To do:
-fix shadows in tunnels
- new grass textures and shaders
- New trees, add 3d trees and 2d
- add lights in tunnels and box

GRAB_038.JPG

GRAB_041.JPG

GRAB_043.JPG
MOUNTAINCLIMBING_loading.jpg

ScreenShot003.jpg

Thanks a lot! A question though. Why does this mod have to be tied to so many different mods/tracks etc? It makes it a pain in the ass, if a new version of a track comes out you have to break the mod in order to use it, and It has me scouring around trying to find a bunch of content so that I can install this.

The mod also requires "Clio_PC" to be installed version 1.0. Which is fine accept for the fact that the mod recognises it as "not installed" even though it is installed. And F1 1994 F1SR, I can not find this mod for Rfactor 2.

Thanks a lot! A question though. Why does this mod have to be tied to so many different mods/tracks etc? It makes it a pain in the ass, if a new version of a track comes out you have to break the mod in order to use it, and It has me scouring around trying to find a bunch of content so that I can install this.

Why it needs so many mods to be installed? Good question. The makers think that is a great way to release "their" mod. For most users it's not get's harder to get installed as there are coming out more and more tracks and updates, that means they will keep producing new final releases.
It would be smarter if they ONLY release the car.

The F1 1994 F1SR is the sound they used for the mod, which is included.

The sound shows up as "not installed" and its also not in the list of sounds for me to install it. So I have Clio_PC that is installed (but the mod shows it isn't) and F1 1994 SR sound that is missing altogether so can't be installed.

So aye, having issues installing this one. Perhaps the issue is that in order to get the sound you have to install the mod, and in order to install the mod you need to already have the sound installed?

Best way is to go to multiplayer, and find the server running "Senna 88" in the servername, and download the mod from there. If you have all the tracks installed, then it should download and install just fine.

But yes, a real pain to have a mod to depend on alot of other mods.

Thks MArco. I already can see. if i put the dds file in :rfactor2\Installed\Vehicles\Meganes2009\1.0\M2009_02ALT.dds , nothing happens,

So i creat a folder Meganes2009\M2009_02ALT.dds in my players/setting , and now works fine. its strange because in that folder i only have the all tracks folder...

Hugo, had the same problem. Also added the folder manually in players/settings and it works. Although if I try XX_ALT5 for instance it does not work. I only got the GTR to show in game but for some reason the Megane does not show what I exported.

Might be my minimilistic photoshop skills ;)

Hi all I’ve created what I think is quite a comprehensive tutorial for the end to end process of creating a track from scratch in Max and importing it into rFactor.

I came across a lot of different info as I was trying to learn this all in different places and with different levels of clarity/user friendliness so once I had put everything together thought I would publish it for anyone else who was in the same position as me.

Although the words are all my own a lot of it is information gained from existing tutorials some of which are quoted in the doc as well as thanks to a few people (some from maybe these boards).

Hopefully someone will find it to be a good starting point for creating content.

I realise this may not be as useful for rFactor 2 as there will be differences but a lot of the comments I saw seemed to be ‘it’s similar to how it was in rFactor’ so even if it is not the exact same process it MAY help you gain an understanding in order to figure out the new process.

Hope it helps.

http://www.dynamic-creations.co.uk/rFactor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What would be the ideal raceday for you to join our Club Races?

• Monday

Votes: 32 16.5%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 26 13.4%
  • Wednesday

Votes: 28 14.4%
  • Thursday

Votes: 27 13.9%
  • Friday

Votes: 69 35.6%
  • Saturday

Votes: 108 55.7%