Pedal assignment issue

I have a Moza R9 wheel and Thrustmaster T-LCM pedals. I set controller type to Custom. In Edit Assignments it is assigning the Steer Right and Throttle to Joy Axis +X. I have tried everything and cannot get it fixed. Any suggestions?

Mine also shows the brake and steer right on Joy Axis +X, but they are independent devices.

1678118841051.png

I don't think AMS2 ever shows enough info to differentiate between devices. If I deliberately try to define the same joystick axis on two different inputs, the game complains and asks if I want to reassign the axis, so I suspect it also considers your devices different internally, it's just not being very helpful telling you that. Have you tried going into a car and seeing if the throttle is working?

Last edited:
Mine also shows the brake and steer right on Joy Axis +X, but they are independent devices.

View attachment 645354

I don't think AMS2 ever shows enough info to differentiate between devices. If I deliberately try to define the same joystick axis on two different inputs, the game complains and asks if I want to reassign the axis, so I suspect it also considers your devices different internally, it's just not being very helpful telling you that. Have you tried going into a car and seeing if the throttle is working?
Hey there!
I got the exact same issues on LMU. (with the same stuff).
Did you got some fix ?

Hey there!
I got the exact same issues on LMU. (with the same stuff).
Did you got some fix ?
Ah, I didn't actually have a problem. I was only pointing out that AMS2 didn't tell you which 'device' the axis was on. It just happens that most pedals expose their values as joystick axis (I guess for backward compatibility) and the brake seems to be often on the X axis. All three of the wheelbases I have owned also expose their inputs as a joystick device with the wheel rotation on the X axis.

Is it actually steering when you brake or just looks confusing in the assignment UI?

Ah, I didn't actually have a problem. I was only pointing out that AMS2 didn't tell you which 'device' the axis was on. It just happens that most pedals expose their values as joystick axis (I guess for backward compatibility) and the brake seems to be often on the X axis. All three of the wheelbases I have owned also expose their inputs as a joystick device with the wheel rotation on the X axis.

Is it actually steering when you brake or just looks confusing in the assignment UI?
Yes it is ! I'm guted right now because i don't found fix just for LMU... Maybe a later update i hope come..

Yes it is ! I'm guted right now because i don't found fix just for LMU... Maybe a later update i hope come..
damn, that is super weird. Only immediate suggestion I have would be to disconnect one whilst you assign the other as maybe one of them is fluctuating when idle. Bit of hassle, but I sometimes had to do that when I still had my G29 because one of the pots was noisy.

Latest News

What would be the ideal raceday for you to join our Club Races?

• Monday

Votes: 32 15.6%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 26 12.7%
  • Wednesday

Votes: 29 14.1%
  • Thursday

Votes: 27 13.2%
  • Friday

Votes: 72 35.1%
  • Saturday

Votes: 115 56.1%