Project CARS Modding Questions & WIP

@Stlaker90 Would it be possible for me to trial run the GTR GT3 for you m8? I've got full VR setup so I can be proper nosey in the cabin. :) Getting out of the car doesn't usually work as it all goes a bit odd...
I can report back any findings.

I would have done this in PM, but couldn't find it. :O_o:

OK.. have been quiet about what I work on next for awhile so :)

Without giving too much away currently, I am working on two new GT3 cars. The first of which is looking very special, again I am leaning on JDougNY very much for advice and help and again these cars would not be possible without him. Can't thank him enough!

As for a time frame on any of this I make no promises as the process is more involved and very different to what I have done previously.

Also after much testing of my previous cars there are little improvements I would like to make to those, current plan is to release the two new cars along with updates to the Alpina and RS01. So if anyone has made skins for either of those cars that they would like included in the updates feel free to contact me :)

Also after much testing of my previous cars there are little improvements I would like to make to those, current plan is to release the two new cars along with updates to the Alpina and RS01. So if anyone has made skins for either of those cars that they would like included in the updates feel free to contact me :)
great news!

I would like to do the Jaguar after what I posted above. Very much so, as I always enjoy supporting it at Blancpain. The plan is to release cars in two's.. whether i burn myself out or not is another story:

That sounds good Binary and I am loving those GT3 cars a lot. But you guys here have done so many nice GT3's, it would have been so cool to see one doing the Mazda 787B. :-(

That sounds good Binary and I am loving those GT3 cars a lot. But you guys here have done so many nice GT3's, it would have been so cool to see one doing the Mazda 787B. :-(
I agree with you, more so it would be epic if we could have a stack of the old group C cars and relive le-mans of the past.

I drove the 787b a lot back in old GT5 days, doing the 24hrs of Nurbergring in it (pre save and exit days). Nostalgia and Patriotism led me to drive the XJR-9 in the 24hrs of Le-mans (pre save and exit days).
Maybe we could do a wish list?
Mazda 787b
Jaguar XJR-9 (Silk Cut)
Toyota GT-One
Toyota 88c (Minolta)
Nissan R89

All the great cars from Gran turismo, made good and out of the arcade. :D

Maybe completing the race classes is more important. In GT3 we need the Nismo GT3 and the BMW M6 GT3. In GT1 the Maserati MC12, Murcielago/Aventador GT1, Koenigsegg and a GT1 Version of the Gumpert Apollo. After that, WTCC would be cool! But let´s not get ahead of ourselves.

I personally wouldn't bother with GT1 it's too close to GT3 in my opinion, just the cars are faster and a bit more pricey.
MachineDojo started with the new Audi for GT3 and now they've got the GTR on the go for GT1, why they didn't do it for GT3 is beyond me??? :O_o:
I can see the point with group C as the game already has a couple and it would give the current cars something to race. At the moment if you enter the Sauber into a "same class" race you end up driving around with the likes of the R18 and TS040. :roflmao:

Well I found everything I needed to get a shift car into game in this thread. I would suggest starting with Shift 2 car, and ask questions once it is in the game. I would read through thread from around page 10, I think.. take your note pad and make several text documents on various subject and add to those each time you come across needed info.

Good luck

thanks man but it is quite difficult for me sor all I can do is send some requests :D But I have some question to this thread .
1. How can I add some liveries to cars which are not in Custom Livery tool ? I mean manually .. e.g. F 488 GT3
2. Anyone who was thinging about ripping from games like Forza Horizon 2 ? Is it possible to rip some cars from non-PC game ?

Im only good in texturing.. not these physics and 3d stuff so sorry for my questions :D

One search of liveries in this thread gave all the answers needed.

Yes is possible and very complicated, why I suggested Shift 2 first. I can tell you now if not motivated to find the answers here in this thread which cover almost everything needed for a Shift car, your not motivated enough and I would suggest not bothering.

There no easy method for project cars and certainly no shortcuts.

One search of liveries in this thread gave all the answers needed.

Yes is possible and very complicated, why I suggested Shift 2 first. I can tell you now if not motivated to find the answers here in this thread which cover almost everything needed for a Shift car, your not motivated enough and I would suggest not bothering.

There no easy method for project cars and certainly no shortcuts.
I know your meaning but i have to motivate myself to read these posts ... I will give it this weekend :D I wanna help with adding some cars by myself as well.. beacuse I think Im not only who wants to keep Pcars 1 a living game.. I mean it could be something like rFactor 1 which has lived to this day for some years only by modding and Pcars could be revolutionary if people like us keep it alive.. thanks for your help/ideas again, mate.

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 58 9.4%
  • Monthly

Votes: 29 4.7%
  • Yearly

Votes: 39 6.3%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.3%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 14 2.3%