Project CARS Modding Questions & WIP

Yes, we can use Assetto Corsa skins for these mods. If I can, I could send you a link to download Skins Pack that I make for the Ferrari 488 and the Lamborghini Huracan (I don't made the one for the Nissan yet)
EDIT : Send me a private message to have the links

Last edited:
Street cars made by myself and JDougNY are not ok to redistribute. They are all available in the usual mediafire folder.

Ok then sorry. I have no problem with that :)

Since the gt3 mods by stalker90 are conversion from ac is there a way to add manually skins from asetto corsa ?

It looks like they use the same skins so it will be possible im pretty sure :) i will test that by myself then...
Edit: yes it definetely works ...

Hi !

It would be interesting if someone could port the Corvette from AC to PCars. I know that PCars already got the Corvette, but the sound isnt real. Maybe its possible to port just the sound, that would be enough for me :)
It would be also nice if its possible to convert some of the Modcars like the Mazda 787B or some other cars. There are many good mods for AC...

Hello,
I try to convert the porsche 997 cupr from shift 2, but i've some problem.
I add missing vertex parameters to meb file (0.3.3 and 1.3.4), i follow gvse tutorial, but i don't find the end of 1.3.2 section to add missing vertrex. the exemple file is por_cup_r_kit00_body_loda.meb

Thanks for help
997cupr.jpg

if in doubt you can always establish the length of each 1.3... section by getting the byte count for 1.3.0. (i.e. from 1.3.0 to 1.3.2. [or 1.3.1 if it exists]) because 1.3.2 has the exact same length as 1.3.0.
In cupr meb section 0.3.3 already exists so you just need to add 1.3.4. which should start at the end of 0.3.3, just before the first "vehicles" entry. your 1.3.4. must be the same length as 1.3.0 or 1.3.2. You must also append damage mebs; otherwise anomalies will pop up when your car takes damage.

Last edited:
Hello friends,
first... thanks a lot to everyone that helps to the noobies...
I'm trying to convert a car from S2U, the car shows in the list, and for testing I'm using physics from a working car, but when I enter in the garage the game crashes... to show something without the game crashing, is needed to modify all the mebs(to add the UV maps) and convert textures? also I corrected the .crd file and then it doesn't show the car in the list, I have to use the original .crd file...
I will be happy seeing a shoes box with glitches, if someone can help me a little...

Hello friends,
first... thanks a lot to everyone that helps to the noobies...
I'm trying to convert a car from S2U, the car shows in the list, and for testing I'm using physics from a working car, but when I enter in the garage the game crashes... to show something without the game crashing, is needed to modify all the mebs(to add the UV maps) and convert textures? also I corrected the .crd file and then it doesn't show the car in the list, I have to use the original .crd file...
I will be happy seeing a shoes box with glitches, if someone can help me a little...

Hello, take example with working car like aston db9 or nissan gtr, try to put in crd working physics
ex: <prop name="Vehicle Physics Model" data="Ariel_Atom3" />

look in C:\Users\"user"\Documents\Project CARS\dbgSession\ files session.log and physics.log to see why the game crash.

Fred

Hello, i need help again, Thanks Gvse for uv editing help, but i've another problems, this game make me crazy !!
- I don't understand why i don't see "por_cup_r_kit00_bonnet_cpit" in cockpit or bonnet view (see screenshot), and why they are graphic a bug in "por_cup_r_kit00_mirror_l_cpit" (see screenshot) !

- I can't put the right hand on the steeringwheel by editing cdv file

Can anyone help me ?

Thanks

pCARS64 2016-08-25 19-48-53.jpg
pCARS64 2016-08-25 19-49-02.jpg
pCARS64 2016-08-25 19-49-26.jpg

invisible bonnet: check your cockpit.vud file and make sure that the topmost kit references the bonnet you need and actually have among your mebs. Otherwise it could be a missing bonnet material issue or spelling mistake in your .vhf.
It could also be connected to the mirror bug, which is down to pcars animation files catching animation bones of mirrors/bonnet/wipers/gearstick. Look at the animation files in the anims folder and disable mirror and gearstick animation by overwriting references to bones of these items.

steering wheel: either rescale the wheel in zmodeller2 or pick another animation file (it's a sizable steering wheel so I'd look for a car with that kind of s-wheel). I think ruf rgt8 should be a good fit.

@wolfsburg your problem is most likely connected to incompatible bmt files. I wrote about it here some time ago so check my posts. In a nutshell, the usual suspects are bmt with glass references (so glass and windows): rename them to prevent the game from loading and check if it works. If your crd points to physics file of a working car then physics side should not be the culprit, but it might be so needs to be looked into as well.

thanks , would have never come this far without your help ... without the .vud files the car doesn't appear on the list(can't find it on the S2U packed files... I used others...) , moving all the .bmt's to another folder and using .mtx from other cars is the solution to start seeing something...
I can't select the mazda when loading the track it crashes... but the AI can drive it without crashing on loading...

The Renault 5 is a mod by battery992 & NMCJ(also helped JDougNY) I hope that I will not go to the hell for doing some tests... Sorry if it wasn't a good idea...
It does big glitches I suppose that the mebs need UV mapping additions...

20160827020518_1.jpg

20160827020514_1.jpg
20160827020934_1.jpg

20160827021259_1.jpg

your Mazda rx5 might be crashing the game for many reasons. First of all, which game version do you have? For creating mods I recommend version 9 as you can alt-tab out of game, do changes , reload car, and see the changes applied. In 11 you have to restart the whole game, which is rather ridiculous when you are modding.

Renault: noone is gonna give you trouble if you experiment with the mod. If you get to release stage you'd better ask for permissions from mod creators. Now, I strongly advise against converting non-Shift2 cars as your first mod as the whole process is much more complicated than with s2u cars due to additional amount of hex-editing of mebs. Once you get comfortable with Shift2 cars switch to models from other games.

your Mazda rx5 might be crashing the game for many reasons. First of all, which game version do you have? For creating mods I recommend version 9 as you can alt-tab out of game, do changes , reload car, and see the changes applied. In 11 you have to restart the whole game, which is rather ridiculous when you are modding.

Renault: noone is gonna give you trouble if you experiment with the mod. If you get to release stage you'd better ask for permissions from mod creators. Now, I strongly advise against converting non-Shift2 cars as your first mod as the whole process is much more complicated than with s2u cars due to additional amount of hex-editing of mebs. Once you get comfortable with Shift2 cars switch to models from other games.
is it hard to convert cars from shift 2 ?It is possible to me make conversios when i have 0 % knowledge about modding,And what programs will i need to make conversions ?

yes, it is quite hard and very time-consuming, and that's even before you start looking at physics. Just look at how few people make mods for this game.
You need zmodeller2 and a hex editor (hxd is free and pretty good), and you need to learn basic usage of both programs. Information on how to get a s2u car is already in this thread, mostly provided by JDougNY and me, but then there's the uphill struggle of eliminating anomalies that show up due to mebs being in old format (s2u).

Nice to see new faces getting cars in the game :). I knew nothing about modding and got to the stage of having car in game with all mebs clean.

All info needed is provided in thread, after that is more difficult but there is enough info on the net for any car type if you look hard enough.

I spent the last two weeks picking apart the game and learning different software etc all depends how much time you want to spend learning.. any car that is rushed wasn't worth making in the first place.

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 58 9.2%
  • Monthly

Votes: 31 4.9%
  • Yearly

Votes: 39 6.2%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.3%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 14 2.2%