RACE 07 dedicated server help

Yves Larose

Premium
hi guys, i just installed the race 07 dedicate server and tried it but when i'm trying to connect it says that it can't connect so i was wondering if someone could help me please :thumb:

thanks in advance

• Andrew Evans

hi guys, i just installed the race 07 dedicate server and tried it but when i'm trying to connect it says that it can't connect so i was wondering if someone could help me please :thumb:

thanks in advance

do you show has having a ping of 5000 on the server list?
firewall is blocking it, in that case...

Yep and I'm guessing i can't do that ?
you should be able to if you change the port range in the server ini file, in gtr2 there was a help file to show you how to do it but i do not think there is anything similar for race07 but a quick look at the ini file and it looks like you would have to change these lines
PortRangeBegin=0
PortRangeEnd=0

afraid i can not test as i have my dedicated server installed on another pc with a different ip address so have never had this problem.

I've tried this and spent hours in the router trying to get it to work which i eventually did but any more than 2 or 3 cars and the lag was unbearable, you need a lot of bandwidth to run a decent amount of cars :( for what it's worth I turned off the firewall on the pc and set up a DMZ in the router :)

you should be able to if you change the port range in the server ini file, in gtr2 there was a help file to show you how to do it but i do not think there is anything similar for race07 but a quick look at the ini file and it looks like you would have to change these lines
PortRangeBegin=0
PortRangeEnd=0

afraid i can not test as i have my dedicated server installed on another pc with a different ip address so have never had this problem.

You don't need to. I run a race07 online dedi server from my pc regularly and can connect to it without any changes.

the standard ports are TCP+UDP 48942 – 48957 and UDP 26900-26907 so you need to change it from that.
i am not sure if you have to specify which ports within the ini file or if it will accept changing it to say +1
For gtr2 you could specify the ports used within your plr file but with race07 it is slightly different.

Latest News

What would be the ideal raceday for you to join our Club Races?

• Monday

Votes: 34 15.6%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 27 12.4%
  • Wednesday

Votes: 30 13.8%
  • Thursday

Votes: 28 12.8%
  • Friday

Votes: 76 34.9%
  • Saturday

Votes: 124 56.9%