RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Got some conection problems and lost my qualify lap
Race1 : Starting from last got my way up to 4th
Race2 : Spent most of the race leading with a 7sec gap do Keith , then made a mistake and the car was damaged , so end up 4th again. Realy bad luck tonight...

Anyway Good Race everyone

Practice was first time I've driven the car so was happy to not start last.
Race 1 - a couple of small errors but kept it pointing the right way throughout apart from when Frans got sideways at the exit of Graham Hill bend and trying to brake/avoid I hit him and got beached on the curb. Recovered and towards the end was in a three way battle for 8th with Frans and Emil who seemed to be struggling. Finished 9th.
Race 2- a bad start then got caught up trying to avoid carange on first lap. Later on had a screen freeze and dropped behind Gunthar and Chris - having a good race with them and Bourman who went off a few laps later and came right across the track. Not too much of a problem, I had to make a choice which way to go, but maybe you should watch the replay before making accusations/ calling me a moron.

MOST AWSOME RACE after THE MOST AWSOME RACE OF MAIN

PRACTICE - all practice i did it with race fuel,and i was able to d low 29'

QUALI - after 12min i was 14th cause i dind;t manage to get a clear road,in the final minutes i put a 28 and managed 8th place

RACE 1 REALY bad start and in first corner i was 14th and Chris Butcher had an awsome start,and did a slalom between the cars, and in front off me he stoped and i taped him ,that send him in another car(real sory about that)after a few corners was in 8th place,then chaut up with Ronny Rooij and had a great battle with him, but Hugo was macking us,he was so fast that he decided he is gona race backwords(to bad my "printscreen"isn't working)so 7th place,then MARTJIN made a mistake , 6th,after GIORGIO and YURY(10-x for setup) so was in 4th now behind RONNY,after some laps i managed to pass him,3d place,then slowly but stady i was catching KEITH and EMIL,but EMIL did 2 mistakes and passed him, now after KEITH, we had about same pace i think but he also did a mistake..that gave me 1st place...and from then one...i did a gap about 6sec at the end....with much low 29', so WIN first race

RACE 2 - 8 place ..had a great start ..overtook KEITH,but got the wide line in first corner...and after the hairpin,i taped FRANS LINDEN, as he was sliding in that left corner,preaty much got me by surprize,braked buth no where to go,as KEITH was on the righ said(Again sory)after that was behind MARTJIN ,13th place,in the straight i had much more speed that MARTJIN and did an outside pass on him,the imidiatly pass Iain Vipond,on the inside(sory m8 i was inside u with all the car)then on the corner exit pass Oance again outside pass...SO triple pass in one corner,11th place,i had MR. HUGO in front, a few laps i tried to pass, and all my attention was with him, but out off nowhere got passed by MARTJIN, for several laps we passed each other about 4-5times,then in front Ronny Rooij did a mistake and got right in front off us, in first corner MARTJIN taped him and bout got offf,(awsome fight MARTJIN), 9th place,now...after HUGO...about several laps later i got with the train from 3d place (EMIL) to 8th place(HUGO)preaty compact grup,then...CHRIS BUTHCER got wide in last corner and came in front(trying to defend)off HUGO,no where to go but in the air, and HUGO was flying,(to bad) still in first corner,still that lap Martin Kraaijenbrink was passing Giorgio Migazzi ho lost control in front off CHRIS, both spin in front off me,6th place,in about 2laps i managed to pass Martin Kraaijenbrink so 5th place,now about 3sec ahean i had my(endu friend)João Andias,so after him...some laps later i was catching ANDIAS and both of us where cathcing EMIL ho made a mistake, so 4th place,after much laps and ver hard fight barly managed to pass him(great definding m8)both our tyres where gone and in same lap TUMA did a mistake..that granted me .2nd place

BEST RACES OFF MAIN,THAT THE WHEY TO GET THIN
10-X HUGO AND RD

If I remember correctly, it is has been more than a year since I last did a sprint race/event…

I’ve to admit that the short and intense racing it produces is no doubt fun.
Mechanical longevity isn’t in question here; so the rule is to rev that engine at will with some careful since the 997 rear tyres like to light-up (fun but can be tricky).

I always go with the 997, just like the RWD + rear engine combo “fun”… :)

As it is well known the 430 is the quickest car of the GTS+mod class, until recently it was though that over an endurance race, the brittle Ferrari engine would give the 997 the advantage. As many of us learned in a recent endurance event here at the club, even in there a careful 430 racer will have the advantage over the 997. We really have to go to very long events to favor the 997, and even here, the late stint race pace of the 997 can be a real problem (the 997 needs more grip at the rear, and when the tyres degrade… the fun starts :wink:).

Qualifying
(8th, 5th 997)
Here the ever turning track helped an “edge driven” 997, the 430 (excel in) mid-high rpm range only helped it in the single straight. So wasn’t too surprised with the 3 997 in the top 3 of the grid. Did a 28 mid sufficient for 8th, some way away from the 27 high of the pole-man, nevertheless it would do the trick since the race would be about the last 8 laps, when the tryes would go below the “necessary” grip level.:wink:

1st Race (5th, 1st 997)
It has been a long time since I raced here, so I completely forgot how "dangerous" the outside line can be after the start here (using the outside car to do the turn:redface:).

Did a so-so start, arrived at the first turn in 7th but unfortunately on the outside line…
The future race one winner starts a three 430 carambole that ended up with a strong tap on my 997 rear just at the top of the turn… immediate kitty litter route, luckily avoided the wall, dropped to 18th:frown:.
Mid peloton fun race it would be for the first ½ of the race, with a few more 1st lap carnage in front, finished the first lap in 14th.
Even with the about 10 seconds lost at start, with the quicker 997 carnage in front, I would go to climb to 4th and first 997 by mid race… Things weren’t going that well for us rear engine racers. :redface:
Had a good fight with Leonardo (430), lost it near the end and finished the first race in 5th. Well, well… Four 430 in the top 4… I guess we took one (another)…:tongue:

2nd Race (3rd, 1st 997)
Start from 4th but this time "dived" to the inside line ASAP, was 3rd by the 2nd turn.
This time I could see the front runner, a fellow 997 racer, so was happy with the first lap. Lost a place to the future race 2 winner and ended-up in a fight with the 2 other 997 near the top of the GC at the time.
As we had very different setups, had a good & hard fight with Giorgio (997) until he DNF. Near the end had a strong fight with Caramidaru’s 430 for the last podium place.
Entering the last lap, Caramidaru went definitely in front; I didn’t give up and kept the pressure. Entering the long circuit we found out Leonardo’s 430 in the middle of the road, had to take the foot off, lost the so much needed draft for the straight, 3rd it would be (Leonardo with car damaged dropped from 2nd to 4th in the last lap).

Congratulations to both race podium goers, thanks everyone who took part, really had many interesting battles, much thanks.
Thanks Hugo & RD for organizing, until a next one :wink:

Q 13th or so.

Had some real good and nice fights ending up as 8th in race 1..... not bad
and guys no problemo by a little bump/touch so now and then, aslong we stay on track :)

race 2;
Started from pole ( omg ) and ofcorse t2 i brake to late ( breaks are cold yes i know )
made some other mistakes and ended up 19th ;-) in lap 1 well done NOT

i got stuck behind a "slower" driver and he defended his place like hell....
a bit to hell-ish if i may say so got my car damaged and while trying to get back to pit my streeringwheel starts calibrating..............
After that steer didnt react any more so had to escape darn.... DNF

But overall very great fun and Andrei congrats with you first win ever!

Also others that ended up on the podium Congrats ( and all that finished )

Staff and RD thanks again
Hope to see ya guys all next week

race 1 I messed up, I hit the guardrail en got some airo damage, but the next turn I almost couldn't steer so I wrecked my car :(
race 2 I had to start from the 19 th place and had a good start, up to 8th I think in 1 lap. Then I made a mistake and dropped to the back.
Then the "fun"started, I got rammed 3 times in one lap, 1 time realy bad and got rammed off the track .
Frans, If in your post you are referring to me blocking you.... I was stuck behind 2 other drivers holding me up. I was keeping my racing line taking it a bit easy so I wouldn't hit the guys in front of me as it was just the first lap of the race.

Hugo, tnx for your setup file!

One question....

I had a game freeze on the straight towards Hawthorn Hill and Bend. I'm sure Simon G also had a freeze on the same section... Did anyone else get a freeze (esp along that straight)? I remember having this happen before on Brands on the same section on 2007 and 2008 version.

I also find BH06/07/08 the laggiest track in the game!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What brands would you like to see with more engagement in simracing?

• Ferrari

Votes: 278 36.8%
  • Porsche

Votes: 288 38.1%
  • BMW

Votes: 271 35.9%
  • McLaren

Votes: 176 23.3%
  • Toyota

Votes: 283 37.5%
  • Intel

Votes: 94 12.5%