[RARE] Rules and Race Enhancements

Apps [RARE] Rules and Race Enhancements v1.1.5.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
Hi mate. Installed the latest update. All works well aside from one thing, my Ai, and myself, have DRS in all zones for the opening 2 laps, then once DRS is enabled on 3rd lap, everything is normal as it should be. We'll confused and just can't see the problem. Any ideas?
But loving the update none the less. Would be nice to have a nicer looking "on screen message" but appreciate how busy you are. Thanks again dude!! Fine work.

I tried all versions until 0.8.1.1. At today I think that best version (stable and very playable) is the 0.5.3.1. I reinstalled it this evening and all works good on every car (RSS, VRC, Kunos).

Last edited:
so it was working. i updated to 0.8.1.1 and now it doesnt work at all. all i did was updated the files. i had it working before. i am noticing its not showing up under apps in content manager now tho. maybe content manager isnt seeing it anymore?

Not sure if ive done something wrong but after watching the youtube video and following the instructions uploaded i have an error that says (error cannot find lods.ini for car) this has happened for all the RSS cars ive updated the Script.lua file of, Hopefully you can help

I don't know why, but when I open a race I get a message that the DRS is available in 2 laps, but I can just open the DRS whenever i want.
On the AI it works better. Everything works normal appart from that they can open their DRS from the first lap aswell, but they follow the 1 second behind rule.
this is the first time I installed and used this mod. I checked 3 times if i set it up correctly, and I think I did.
I use the Sim Dream Development F1 2022 cars b.t.w.

Last edited:
so, when i start a race it says 2 laps till drs enabled, so i assume the mod is loading, however it definetly isnt working..

ive done every step in the install instructions. unpack car data. put script.lua in there. repack data. make sure extended-2 is in car.ini
i have extended physics checked, etc. all the ones from the install instructions.

when i load up a race, i can activate drs right at the start if i want. the ai will use theirs in all the drs zones no matter what.

ive tried multiple csp versions.

the wierd thing is it worked awesome until this new update. 0.8.1.1. anyone have a guess?

I don't know why, but when I open a race I get a message that the DRS is available in 2 laps, but I can just open the DRS whenever i want.
On the AI it works better. Everything works normal appart from that they can open their DRS from the first lap aswell, but they follow the 1 second behind rule.
this is the first time I installed and used this mod. I checked 3 times if i set it up correctly, and I think I did.
I use the Sim Dream Development F1 2022 cars b.t.w.
im having a similar issue. i can open the drs where ever i want. the ai doesnt unless its in the drs zone. but doesnt follow the rules and can open it whenever,
ive tried it with all the f1 mods. rss, sim dream, vrc, etc. all the same.

ive been using this mod since it came out, this is the first time ive had a problem so i know ive installed it right.

edit: went back to the old version, still had the zip file, and its working again.

if you want it. overwrite the app files, and put that script file in the data folder for the car you want to use

Last edited:
Loving the idea of the mod. Been a long time coming!:)
To begin with I didnt notice this discussion section, so im delighted to see that I am not alone struggling to get this working correctly!
At present for me it doesnt restrict usage during the first 2 laps, then usually works for the DRS zone at the start/finish straight but I can usually deploy it on any other DRS zones. I also get jammed up sometimes when im right behind someone going into a zone, and I dont seem to triger other AI's DRS when im less than one second ahead!? It seems to depend on the track that I have selected. Leader can often use DRS when not following someone, again, think it depends on the track. Going to leave it alone for a bit, was up all night. Just seen that someone else noticed that it made extra complications when the two differentRSS 2022 versions are used in a grid? Wish I could be of more help. Happy tinkering! Ive waited this long, happy to wait knowing that at least its working for some, and is a work in progress.
Lots of love xx :):)

Works brilliantly now I have downloaded the new V1.0.3.1 version!! I had to update my CSP to 0.1.79.
Thus I guess this means it can't be used with rain fx as that requires its own csp 0.1.78 - preview.

Last edited:
this only works with the ai for me, whenever i start a race it says that drs is enabled in 2 laps but i can just use it whenever but the ai follows these rules, is this just part of the mod or have done something wrong?

I want to race DTM with my friends. Would it be possible to apply DTM's DRS regulations where DRS is available only in a limited number of laps, for example 12 laps. If not would you consider adding this function in the future?

Hello, it is working well. I am using CSP 1.79 preview. All seems working fine other than I can activate DRS in all DRS zones , even if I am not within 1 second from my front opponent. I can activate it anytime when in DRS zone.is this because of the CSP version? thank you, great mod anyway..!!!

Schmawlik updated F1 Regulations with a new update entry:

v0.9.5-alpha Release

- Implemented proper DRS control thanks to an update to the SDK
- Fixed a ton of bugs
- Increased performance by 92%
- Added a DEBUG menu
- Added a SETTINGS menu
- Added forced AI pitstops when their tyre life is below a cetain threshold
- Added Brake Migration to RSS Formula cars (can control by assigning ExtraA and ExtraB in CM)
- Force Assetto Corsa to restart when F1Regs can't access the track physics

Read the rest of this update entry...

Quick question... is the Settings menu supposed to look like this:
acs_3PjHw2c0EW.png

because it does not look like on the download page:
1666290045905.png

An interesting bug I must say during quali: when the app is on (yes it's highlighted in sidebar in the race) the laptimes are not registered. This does not revert to normal if the app is turned off (if the quali starts with app off, the laptimes are counted until it's turned on).

Tested with both preview .79 and .80 versions [inb4 read disclaimer], Kunos F2004 with the script. Changing DRS setting does not affect this.

Last edited:

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 54 9.0%
  • Monthly

Votes: 29 4.8%
  • Yearly

Votes: 37 6.1%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.3%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 14 2.3%