Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you on the latest version of the game and have you made sure that there are no plugins that are causing the issue :) The update could have thrown a few of your game settings.
No there is seem to be an issue with my game in tottal ... everything i load seem to crash the game (Application Stopped Working) Not an error not nothing , i tried everything (verifing , updates etc.) I can't find the solution yet. plz help!

No there is seem to be an issue with my game in tottal ... everything i load seem to crash the game (Application Stopped Working) Not an error not nothing , i tried everything (verifing , updates etc.) I can't find the solution yet. plz help!
How soon into the loading process does the game crash / stop running? I would recommend enabling logging as this may help to diagnose the issue; open the 'Launcher', select the 'Settings' option, enter trace=2 into the 'Command-line Parameters' box for both Single Player & Multi Player (remember to 'Save' each of these), and then load the game. A trace file will be written to your '<rF2_install>\UserData\Log' directory, and may hint at the error; if you need help looking at this file then include it as an attachment. If this still does not highlight any problems then I would suggest that you reinstall the game.

How soon into the loading process does the game crash / stop running? I would recommend enabling logging as this may help to diagnose the issue; open the 'Launcher', select the 'Settings' option, enter trace=2 into the 'Command-line Parameters' box for both Single Player & Multi Player (remember to 'Save' each of these), and then load the game. A trace file will be written to your '<rF2_install>\UserData\Log' directory, and may hint at the error; if you need help looking at this file then include it as an attachment. If this still does not highlight any problems then I would suggest that you reinstall the game.
There is the trace file ... i have tried reintalling the game

Attachments

• trace_2018_04_23_15_54_15-25.txt
    35.4 KB · Views: 454
There is the trace file ... i have tried reintalling the game
Right, OK. So just to confirm, does the game crash immediately after you join the server, or after a brief period of time? Do you see the track and car load before the crash? Have you tried joining a different server, and if so do you experience the same problem? Are you trying to load the car with a custom skin? Do you always select the same car when joining the server, or have you tried selecting a different car?

when you've finished your skin you save it as .dds, but then you have to compress it to a .mas via the rfactor2 launcher as the game only reads .mas files
It seems to be working also if i put a "skin_alt.dds" file into the "rFactor2\UserData\player\Settings\USF_2000\USF2000_16" folder. From there it can be changed to car 16 via tuning menu. From there you can also create a new car with new name using the selected skin.

The game Crashes after a very sort time , after loading track and car and after 5 sec game is stop running . I have tried various tracks and cars on multy and single mode and every time same thing happents. @Daiman Patel
Before reinstalling the game did you remove everything, including the 'UserData' directory? If not then try deleting the '<rF2_install>\UserData\Log\Shaders' folder prior to reloading the game. Also remove the 'CBash' directory, which is also in the 'Log' folder, for good measure. If this does not help then you could potentially try updating your graphics card driver.

It seems to be working also if i put a "skin_alt.dds" file into the "rFactor2\UserData\player\Settings\USF_2000\USF2000_16" folder. From there it can be changed to car 16 via tuning menu. From there you can also create a new car with new name using the selected skin.
ah ok, i've failed when i tried that, but good to know that it is possible

Ok so i managed to make my skin work offline. But i dont understand how to make it work online?
The process of loading custom liveries is the same in both single player and multiplayer modes; this tutorial, though it may be quite old, is still relevant and should help - the UI might be slightly different, but the process is still the same.

Im so bad at this stuff. I cant even find a way to change my name in the game :devilish:
You should be able to change your name via the 'Launcher'; click on your name / username in the top right corner of the 'Launcher' window, and from here you can edit both your first name and last name (i.e. the fields with orange text). There is also a video tutorial which demonstrates how to change your in-game name using this method - see here.

If this does not work then there is a slightly more involved method... go to the rFactor AppData folder, the path for which will typically be 'AppData\Roaming\.rFactor'. In here you will find a file called 'rfactor.name' - open this file using a program like Notepad, and edit all three lines (first name, last name, and nickname). Save and close the file, right-click on the file and select 'Properties', ensure that the 'Read-only' field is checked under the 'General' table (select it if not), and select the 'OK' button. Finally, open your 'player.JSON' file, which will typically be in your '<rF2_install>\UserData\player' directory, and edit the two properties "Player Name" (first name and last name) & "Player Nick" (nickname), before saving and closing the file. When making these changes make sure that the game is NOT running, else they will be overwritten with the original values when you close the game.

Was the server up yesterday? I could not found it for most of the day. Is it up today?
There was an issue with the server yesterday, caused by the rFactor 2 update on Friday night, however it is now running and available for participants to practice and test in preparation for the first race.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How are you going to watch 24 hours of Le Mans

• On national tv

Votes: 235 34.2%
  • Eurosport app/website

Votes: 187 27.2%
  • WEC app/website

Votes: 130 18.9%
  • Watch party

Votes: 57 8.3%