RD GT Championship 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.
EDIT: I also got a huge lump of dirt which my wipers would not shift on my damn windscreen on lap 1 ... drove the whole race trying to look past it to my apex's, which took some doing as this was a big ol lump right in my line of sight :rolleyes:

lol, happened to me @ Green Hell clubbers, annoying and distracting. Worst thing: stupid pitcrew doesn't clean windscreen! It's one of the first things a real life GT pit crew does, isn't it?

Bad luck Greg on the last few laps ... was expecting to do something silly like this myself ... you ran a good race and championship mate, nice battling with you here and there over the past few months. Same goes out to Pascal and everyone else I encountered on track :thumb:

Same mate :good:, but I hope that I would be more fortunate with technical problems in the next league. My best memory in the RDGTC league stays the first round at Brno, as well as that at Nordshleife.

9th for the qualifications but a little disappointed by my time I could make better, I did not go out of the track, it isn't so bad.

Start hard and I has to beat me with Lee, quickly I makes a small error and James, in ambush, takes advantage of it. It is very difficult because my team-mate Gregory (7th) clears off and I cannot follow him as long as I do not overtake Lee and James. Having passed James, I look for the opening on Lee, but even if I remain faster, the difference is less big when at the beginning of race, and Lee is more regular than me (I make small errors, I catch up him, I still lose concentration and I catch up him has new etc...) thus at the end of 40 minutes I did not still find the opening.
He make her pitstop with +2seconds of advance, i stay for 1 lap again, when i stop i lose little time because stop to far on my pit, i need to pass the reverse. When i go out Lee is +14seconds front of me.
During 40 minutes i chase Lee and just before her second pitstop i have passed him after an little error when he lose 4 or 5 seconds, i turn 1 lap after her stop and for this stop have no problem. I go out and Lee are 1,5 second behind me.
For the finish a make little distance between Lee and me and finish the race with only 20seconds of advance. Really hard battle with Lee « sensei », i'm faster in this race but he's more regular and great pilot, grats guy ;)
Finish 5th

Thank for all for this championship and grats for the winner.

Balls. Got held up; didn't make it by about 2 minutes. :/

First time I've ever missed a league race, I believe. Currently just past the 'despair' phase and into the 'swearing' phase.

Good luck guys!

Can't belief it what the f*** is wrong with my internet connection the last days. Sometimes I lose connection for c.a. 5secs and then it comes back!?!?? :bulgy-eyes: :at-wits-end:

All the day it works and on warm up this stupid problem. Can't believ it :sinister: . All cars just freez... :sinister:

Internet provider that stupid**** :quiet: says there is no problem. :bulgy-eyes: Maybe its time for a change... :sinister::sinister::sinister:

Good luck you all in the race :handshake::good:

sorry my bad language

edit: help me... thx
http://forum.racedepartment.com/mem...et-connection-problem-help-me.html#post247463

Minidump again...was looking forward to completing this last race :(
Was fighting a lot with Andreas from the beginning, was cool.

It will be tight with the points now! :O

Also just wanted to say to the people who just didnt show up how boring it is for some people to drive 2 hours in no-mans-land, thanks a lot. sarcasm alert

*And just like Karl I of course also want to thank everyone behind the scenes BIG TIME for making this possible, had some great racing with all of you guys!
See you next season!*

Well, that was fun... NOT! :pissed-off: I lost connection to the server, don't know why. It happened during the session change from practice to qualification as well. I've been spared from regular discos for almost the entire 2008, looks like 2009 might be something else :disapointed:

Any way, I was hopelessly slow so I guess it was "good" that it happened today :wink2:

I hope the ones that were still racing got a nice season finale! It's been a roller coaster season for me. It started rather good in the first few races, but since then I've been suffering from work overload and haven't been able to practice. My results has clearly suffered from this :mad-tongue: I hope to be back for the WTCC season, motivated and fully prepped!:party2:

I'd like to end this post with a huge THANK YOU! to the race admins! You've done a great job and I hope you'll find it in your heart to give us another exciting WTCC series!
:good::highfive:
Kind regards,
Karl

Last race of the season big mess for me lol more on that later.

Thanks to RD for organizing this again :)

Now back to viewing the andreas and ben fight for the lead. It is exciting. Gary closing in also :D

In qual I remembered not to hit esc this time :rotfl:. I got pole so was pleased with that .

Race started good, tried to get a gap, but when I made my first stop and Rami didn't, I knew I had to keep the pace high. On fresh tyres I was able to close the gap with Rami. After the last pitstop I had 13 seconds to close in 35 mins, I was quicker on fresh tyres and was able to close the gap and pass for P1.

Last 20 mins the race settled and drove the car to the finish in 1st :victory:

Was fun to join the last 2 races with the Koenigsegg CCGT, grats to everyone, cya on track ! Thanks for organising and hosting !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What would be the ideal raceday for you to join our Club Races?

• Monday

Votes: 34 15.6%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 27 12.4%
  • Wednesday

Votes: 30 13.8%
  • Thursday

Votes: 28 12.8%
  • Friday

Votes: 76 34.9%
  • Saturday

Votes: 124 56.9%