RD Le Mans Series Season 7 (rFactor 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everything is set 110% correctly. We done a whole season VEC and VLMS last season with 0 driver swap failures. This season here we've had 2, all with different drivers. Seems like we aren't the only people either.

Everything is set 110% correctly. We done a whole season VEC and VLMS last season with 0 driver swap failures. This season here we've had 2, all with different drivers. Seems like we aren't the only people either.
I've had a swap failure at interlagos in VEC last season and another one here in silverstone. Haven't had one after applying VEC's suggested fix throughout the team though. Maybe the servers have been the issue?

Really strange to hear about these kind of inconsistencies. In our case, we haven't had a driver swap issue since Round 1. After the disaster that was Interlagos, I made sure everyone on the team had their network settings set up correctly and we haven't had an issue since.

The current problem with the rFactor 2 driver swaps is that the smallest of hiccups seems to cause the process to fail.

It's a real shame your race was ruined by this. :(

RaceDepartment Le Mans Series Season 7 by Vesaro (2017)
Round 6 | Thrustmaster 6 Hours of Sebring
November 18th, 2017

Sebring.png

Session Timetable
  • 11:55 | Race server reboot
  • 12:00 | Official practice & Briefing (no duplicate cars allowed from this point)
  • 12:40 | GT qualifying (30 minutes)
  • 13:10 | Qualifying switch-over (5 minutes)
  • 13:15 | Prototype qualifying (30 minutes)
  • 13:45 | Warm-up
  • 14:00 | Race start (in-game: 15:00 / 3:00 PM)
  • 20:00 | Race ends (in-game: 21:00 / 9:00 PM)
All times are posted in GMT.

Server Details
Name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM LMS R6
Password: Click here
Track: Sebring
Cars: EnduRacers Endurance Series (v6.0) (alt. link: v6.0)
Safety car: RD Safety Car - Nissan 370z (v1.2)

Live timing: HERE
Track map: HERE
Track map [alt.]: HERE
Server status: HERE

Weather data & forecast: HERE

Steward Notes
  • Please review the latest version of the regulations before joining.
  • Please make sure your line-up is up to date. Communicate any changes in the Sign-Up thread. The current state of your line-up can also be found here, in the opening post.
Safety-first Zones

The following diagram indicates the location of Safety-first Zones for Round 6, the Thrustmaster 6 Hours of Sebring:
Sebring-zoned.png

The yellow zone, which will be in effect during the first lap following a start or restart, shall commence along the start / finish straight, and end between Bishop Bend and Gendebien Bend.

The orange zones, of which there are 5, shall be enforced for the duration of the race, and are positioned as follows:
  • Turn One
  • The left turn immediately prior to Gurney Bend
  • Hairpin Turn
  • Tower Turn
  • Sunset Bend (starting at the end of Ulmann Straight, and ending after the bridge)
Please refer to the image at the top of this post for corner and section names.

For those unable to easily distinguish the yellow zone from the orange zones, the yellow zone colour has been switched to blue in the track diagram below. Please click on the thumbnail to expand the image.
Sebring-zoned-accessible.png

Pit Entry Positioning

For the race at Sebring, we recommend that any cars intending to enter the pits should stay as far right (towards the inside of the track) as possible when exiting Sunset Bend and entering the start / finish straight. Any cars looking to overtake should do so around the outside / left side of the track, as the pit entry lane is approached.

Physical Driver Swap Penalty Position

Following a physical driver swap, the new driver is expected to drive to the end of the pit-lane and stop for 5 seconds (the time for an in-game driver swap) to account for any time that could be gained. Race Control should be informed when a swap is due to be performed so that a steward can be sent to oversee the pit-stop and ensure that the 5 second "penalty" is served. Please refer to the attached images ('Physical Driver Swap Penalty Box #.JPG') which show where the driver is expected to stop the car after a physical driver swap has been performed.

REPORTING AN INCIDENT DURING THE RACE

To help simplify the process of reporting collisions, crashes, cutting, and questionable driving during an event, a form has been created that will allow a team to submit all of the necessary information to Race Control so that the incident may be reviewed and actioned by the live stewards. The form can be found here:

RDLMS S7 - Incident Report Form (OPEN FOR RESPONSES)

You must submit the form for each incident that you would like to raise during the course of the race. When dealing with an incident we shall contact you via TeamSpeak if we require any more information. We shall also inform you via TeamSpeak if and when any action has been taken in relation to your report.

TURN ONE ENTRY / PIT EXIT LANE DOUBLE WHITE LINE

Crossing the second of the two white lines at the entry of Turn One (on the right-hand side) will not be permitted because the area to the right is part of the pit lane exit and there may be slow(er) cars moving along it at any time during the event. A car that moves from the track into the pit exit lane may not initially be visible to a car leaving the pit lane, and there would be very little room for the exiting car to manoeuvre and take avoiding action if necessary; this is not fair on the driver of the (potentially slower moving) car exiting the pit lane, and also it is dangerous, hence the decision to prohibit cars already on the track from crossing into the pit exit lane.

Meanwhile, cars exiting the pit lane shall also be forbidden from crossing the double white line; cars looking to rejoin the track, upon leaving the pits, may only do so once the double white line has ended (at the outermost part of Turn One) and when the track is clear.

If a car is seen to be crossing the double white line (without being given permission to do so) then it will initially receive a warning from Race Control, and a drive-through penalty will be issued after the third infraction. If contact is made with another car when the double white line is crossed then a 10 second stop / go penalty will be immediately issued to the offending driver.

This thread may be subject to changes. Please review regularly.

Attachments

• Physical Driver Swap Penalty Box 1.jpg
    Physical Driver Swap Penalty Box 1.jpg
    370.6 KB · Views: 319
  • Physical Driver Swap Penalty Box 2.jpg
    Physical Driver Swap Penalty Box 2.jpg
    322.7 KB · Views: 254
  • Physical Driver Swap Penalty Box 3.jpg
    Physical Driver Swap Penalty Box 3.jpg
    329.4 KB · Views: 266
  • Physical Driver Swap Penalty Box 4.jpg
    Physical Driver Swap Penalty Box 4.jpg
    346.1 KB · Views: 268
  • Physical Driver Swap Penalty Box 5.jpg
    Physical Driver Swap Penalty Box 5.jpg
    263.3 KB · Views: 262
Last edited:
Hello
Would it be possible to have access to the replay of the race 5 please?
Thank you
Of course you can have access to the replay files from the event at Suzuka - please find the download links below (I have included the file for the qualifying session as well in case you, or anyone else is interested):
Apologies for not providing these sooner.

IMPORTANT!

Apologies for the delay, but I am glad to finally announce that the servers for Round 6 for the RDLMS powered by Vesaro - RACEDEPARTMENT.COM LMS R6 and RACEDEPARTMENT.COM LMS DRY - are now available and open for testing and training.

Both servers currently use the latest version - v5.0 - of the custom car / skin pack, which is based on v1.5 of the Endurance Series mod; an update for this component, which shall include any newly submitted skin files, will be created and released at a later date.

Also, while work on the custom version of the track is underway, both servers have been setup to use the current, base version of Sebring, by the renowned track development team 'Virtua_LM'. Once the modifications have been completed by our track development team the servers shall be updated and we will switch to using the version of the circuit and resource specifically updated for the RDLMS; this is expected to be within at least the next couple of weeks, and more information shall be provided as and when it becomes available.

Finally I would like to remind all teams to start submitting any new and updated livery files, if they have not done so already, for Round 6. New entrants must submit skin files, else they risk not being able to participate in the race, and these must include an albedo map to ensure compatibility with DX11 (even if you are still using DX9). If you choose to revise your livery design then we also ask that you ensure an albedo map has been applied. For more information about albedo maps please see this link - https://www.studio-397.com/guidelines-for-artists/ - which provides instructions on how to correct skin files under the section titled "How to quickly update car skins / color maps". If there are any problems with the albedo map (i.e. if it is missing, or has not been correctly applied) you shall be asked to make appropriate amendments and will need to resubmit your skin files for Round 6. Any files that have been sent already will be processed as soon as possible.

The submission deadline for new and updated skin files to be included in the final version of the custom car / skin pack (v6.0) is at 23:59 GMT on Friday 27th October, and the component file shall be released on Saturday 28th October, 3 weeks prior to the sixth and final race of the season. The deadline has been moved forward by one week because I will be away between Friday 3rd November and Wednesday 8th November, during which time the updated resources would usually be released. By making this announcement now I hope to give teams sufficient notice and time to make preparations in advance. Another reminder shall be provided nearer the time. I apologise for any inconvenience that this may cause.

I would also like to take this opportunity to forewarn teams and drivers that the qualifying session at Sebring will take place at night (in game). The server has already been setup in such a way that the qualifying session will commence at 21:00 / 9:00 PM.

Finally I would just like to inform everyone that the entry list in the Sign Up thread shall be updated this coming week - I am aware that there are a number of line up changes and new entry applications to be processed, and I will try to get through these as quickly and as soon as possible.

IMPORTANT!

Apologies for the delay, but I am glad to finally announce that the servers for Round 6 for the RDLMS powered by Vesaro - RACEDEPARTMENT.COM LMS R6 and RACEDEPARTMENT.COM LMS DRY - are now available and open for testing and training.

Both servers currently use the latest version - v5.0 - of the custom car / skin pack, which is based on v1.5 of the Endurance Series mod; an update for this component, which shall include any newly submitted skin files, will be created and released at a later date.

Also, while work on the custom version of the track is underway, both servers have been setup to use the current, base version of Sebring, by the renowned track development team 'Virtua_LM'. Once the modifications have been completed by our track development team the servers shall be updated and we will switch to using the version of the circuit and resource specifically updated for the RDLMS; this is expected to be within at least the next couple of weeks, and more information shall be provided as and when it becomes available.

Finally I would like to remind all teams to start submitting any new and updated livery files, if they have not done so already, for Round 6. New entrants must submit skin files, else they risk not being able to participate in the race, and these must include an albedo map to ensure compatibility with DX11 (even if you are still using DX9). If you choose to revise your livery design then we also ask that you ensure an albedo map has been applied. For more information about albedo maps please see this link - https://www.studio-397.com/guidelines-for-artists/ - which provides instructions on how to correct skin files under the section titled "How to quickly update car skins / color maps". If there are any problems with the albedo map (i.e. if it is missing, or has not been correctly applied) you shall be asked to make appropriate amendments and will need to resubmit your skin files for Round 6. Any files that have been sent already will be processed as soon as possible.

The submission deadline for new and updated skin files to be included in the final version of the custom car / skin pack (v6.0) is at 23:59 GMT on Friday 27th October, and the component file shall be released on Saturday 28th October, 3 weeks prior to the sixth and final race of the season. The deadline has been moved forward by one week because I will be away between Friday 3rd November and Wednesday 8th November, during which time the updated resources would usually be released. By making this announcement now I hope to give teams sufficient notice and time to make preparations in advance. Another reminder shall be provided nearer the time. I apologise for any inconvenience that this may cause.

I would also like to take this opportunity to forewarn teams and drivers that the qualifying session at Sebring will take place at night (in game). The server has already been setup in such a way that the qualifying session will commence at 21:00 / 9:00 PM.

Finally I would just like to inform everyone that the entry list in the Sign Up thread shall be updated this coming week - I am aware that there are a number of line up changes and new entry applications to be processed, and I will try to get through these as quickly and as soon as possible.

Of course you can have access to the replay files from the event at Suzuka - please find the download links below (I have included the file for the qualifying session as well in case you, or anyone else is interested):
Apologies for not providing these sooner.
It's perfect, thank you :thumbsup:
I asked for it yesterday and the links are available today !!! I do not find that long at all! :)
I think you do not have that to do either! ;)
Thanks again !

@Daiman Patel Server needs to be updated. ;)

New Build 1109
To support the GT3 pack we have also released updates for both the DX11 and DX9 builds. Note that the build number for multiplayer changed too, so you will have to update your dedicated servers!

Build Changelog:

• Added: An extended visual damage model featuring a combination of dents, scratches and cracks on the bodywork of cars, which has been implemented on the GT3 pack.
  • Added: New window and headlight glass shader that produces more realistic reflections. All five GT3 cars use it.
  • Added: Controller Profiles for Thrustmaster T-GT, T-GT Ferrari F1 Addon, TS-XW, TS-XW with Ferrari F1 Addon.
  • Added: Updates to the CPM model.
  • Fixed: Various small fixes to the no rain zone code that prevents rain from entering closed cockpits.
  • Fixed: All controller profiles default inputs are now assigned to JOY1.
  • Fixed: Bumped the rFactor 2 version for multiplayer compatibility to 1109 because of the new visual dents that required changes to the multiplayer protocol.

Those who are in DX9 will update automaticly. (None - Opt out of all beta programs)

Those who are opted in the "v1108-DX11-open-beta" need to switch to "v1109-DX11-open-beta"

Those who have opted into another beta. Switch to None - Opt out for DX9 or "v1109-DX11-open-beta"

Update.jpg

@Daiman Patel Server needs to be updated. ;)

New Build 1109
To support the GT3 pack we have also released updates for both the DX11 and DX9 builds. Note that the build number for multiplayer changed too, so you will have to update your dedicated servers!

Build Changelog:

• Added: An extended visual damage model featuring a combination of dents, scratches and cracks on the bodywork of cars, which has been implemented on the GT3 pack.
  • Added: New window and headlight glass shader that produces more realistic reflections. All five GT3 cars use it.
  • Added: Controller Profiles for Thrustmaster T-GT, T-GT Ferrari F1 Addon, TS-XW, TS-XW with Ferrari F1 Addon.
  • Added: Updates to the CPM model.
  • Fixed: Various small fixes to the no rain zone code that prevents rain from entering closed cockpits.
  • Fixed: All controller profiles default inputs are now assigned to JOY1.
  • Fixed: Bumped the rFactor 2 version for multiplayer compatibility to 1109 because of the new visual dents that required changes to the multiplayer protocol.

Those who are in DX9 will update automaticly. (None - Opt out of all beta programs)

Those who are opted in the "v1108-DX11-open-beta" need to switch to "v1109-DX11-open-beta"

Those who have opted into another beta. Switch to None - Opt out for DX9 or "v1109-DX11-open-beta"

View attachment 217118
Thank you for the heads up! :thumbsup: I shall be sure to get onto updating the servers right away! :geek:

ANNOUNCEMENT!

The RDLMS servers (and all other rFactor 2 servers) are briefly going down for maintenance following the release of an update from Studio 397. Another announcement shall be made once the servers are available again. There will be no other updates, to resources or otherwise, during this period.

To access the servers once they are online again you shall need to ensure that your rFactor 2 client installation has been updated to the latest version - v1109 (for DX9), or v1109-DX11-open-beta (for DX11) - via Steam. Application updates performed via Steam will typically be automatic, and you can verify the version of you rFactor 2 install via the 'Properties' menu which can be accessed by right-clicking on the game in your Steam library.

ANNOUNCEMENT!

The RDLMS servers (and all other rFactor 2 servers) are briefly going down for maintenance following the release of an update from Studio 397. Another announcement shall be made once the servers are available again. There will be no other updates, to resources or otherwise, during this period.

To access the servers once they are online again you shall need to ensure that your rFactor 2 client installation has been updated to the latest version - v1109 (for DX9), or v1109-DX11-open-beta (for DX11) - via Steam. Application updates performed via Steam will typically be automatic, and you can verify the version of you rFactor 2 install via the 'Properties' menu which can be accessed by right-clicking on the game in your Steam library.

IMPORTANT!

The server update process has now been successfully completed, and all servers are available once again for testing and training.

Please remember to update your rFactor 2 client installation (verify that this has been automatically performed by Steam, or manually start the update process yourself if you have turned off the option to automatically install updates or if you are using DX11) before attempting to enter the server.

Those who are using DX9 will typically be updated automatically, if the option is enabled. In this case the 'None - Opt out of all beta programs' option must be selected under the 'Betas' tab of the 'Properties' menu.

Those who are using DX11 will need to manually force by the update by switching from 'v1108-DX11-open-beta' to 'v1109-DX11-open-beta' under the 'Betas' tab of the 'Properties' menu.

Those who have selected an alternative beta will need to switch from their current option to either 'None - Opt out of all beta programs' (for DX9) or 'v1109-DX11-open-beta' (for DX11) under the 'Betas' tab of the 'Properties' menu in order to be able to access the servers.

The 'Properties' menu can be accessed by right-clicking on the game in your Steam library.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 61 9.2%
  • Monthly

Votes: 33 5.0%
  • Yearly

Votes: 40 6.1%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.3%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 15 2.3%