RD Le Mans Series Season 7 (rFactor 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMPORTANT!

We are glad to finally announce that the custom version of Suzuka Circuit (a.k.a. Matsusaka) - v1.03 - is now ready for Round 5 of the RDLMS powered by Vesaro, and has been released. The track mod, which was originally created by 'woochoo' with support from 'ISI', and already compatible with DX11, has received some minor updates to prepare it for league use by the RDLMS.

Please note that due to the updates that have been made to the track mod the surface will initially be "green", and the rubber / grip levels will need to be built up again; the AutoSave file will, from this point, store and restore the road conditions. Also due to the update, previous 'best lap time' information is no longer available on the live timing screens; it is possible to see these times by looking at 'Driver best laps' and setting "From Date" to 2017-09-01 (and press "Refresh Data"). Any new fastest lap times will be visible on the live timing screens.

In addition, an updated version - v5.0 - of the custom car / skin pack has also been released. The pack contains all of the submissions that have been received and processed to date, and all of the liveries for Round 5 of the RDLMS powered by Vesaro.

If you have already subscribed to the private Steam Workshop group - see here for more information - then the updated resources will be automatically downloaded when you open the Steam client (you shall need to close rFactor 2, including the Launcher, first / before you log in to the server else the process to retrieve updates from the Workshop will not commence). If you have not yet subscribed to the private Workshop group then you may do so by following these instructions. Alternatively the resources can be automatically downloaded and installed via GetMod, when you login to the official RaceDepartment servers for the RDLMS (RACEDEPARTMENT.COM LMS R5 or RACEDEPARTMENT.COM LMS DRY). The component files can also be acquired manually, via direct download links in the General Information thread, and also the event thread (Round 5: Thrustmaster 12 Hours of Suzuka). If you experience any issues with accessing the updated files then please inform us as soon as possible so that we can investigate and rectify any problems.

The Thrustmaster 12 Hours of Suzuka is now only 2 weeks away. Official Practice shall commence at 11:00 GMT, GT Qualifying at 11:40 GMT and Prototype Qualifying at 12:15 GMT, before the green flag is waved for the Race at approximately 13:00 GMT, on Saturday 7th October. More information can be found here. And remember that a live broadcast, including commentary, will be available throughout the race, for both of this series' remaining rounds.

Meanwhile, the submission deadline for new and updated skin files to be included in the final version of the custom car / skin pack (v6.0) is Friday 27th October, and the component file shall be released on Saturday 28th October, 3 weeks prior to the sixth and final race of the season. The deadline has been moved forward by one week because I will be away between Friday 3rd November and Wednesday 8th November, during which time the updated resources would usually be released. By making this announcement now I hope to give teams sufficient notice and time to make preparations in advance. Further reminders shall be provided nearer the time. I apologise for any inconvenience that this may cause. I would like to take this opportunity to remind all teams that updated skins can now be submitted for Round 6 of the championship.

In the meantime, best of luck to all teams with testing and training, and we look forward to seeing you for Round 5 of the RDLMS powered by Vesaro on Saturday 7th October.

IMPORTANT!

We are glad to finally announce that the custom version of Suzuka Circuit (a.k.a. Matsusaka) - v1.03 - is now ready for Round 5 of the RDLMS powered by Vesaro, and has been released. The track mod, which was originally created by 'woochoo' with support from 'ISI', and already compatible with DX11, has received some minor updates to prepare it for league use by the RDLMS.

Please note that due to the updates that have been made to the track mod the surface will initially be "green", and the rubber / grip levels will need to be built up again; the AutoSave file will, from this point, store and restore the road conditions. Also due to the update, previous 'best lap time' information is no longer available on the live timing screens; it is possible to see these times by looking at 'Driver best laps' and setting "From Date" to 2017-09-01 (and press "Refresh Data"). Any new fastest lap times will be visible on the live timing screens.

In addition, an updated version - v5.0 - of the custom car / skin pack has also been released. The pack contains all of the submissions that have been received and processed to date, and all of the liveries for Round 5 of the RDLMS powered by Vesaro.

If you have already subscribed to the private Steam Workshop group - see here for more information - then the updated resources will be automatically downloaded when you open the Steam client (you shall need to close rFactor 2, including the Launcher, first / before you log in to the server else the process to retrieve updates from the Workshop will not commence). If you have not yet subscribed to the private Workshop group then you may do so by following these instructions. Alternatively the resources can be automatically downloaded and installed via GetMod, when you login to the official RaceDepartment servers for the RDLMS (RACEDEPARTMENT.COM LMS R5 or RACEDEPARTMENT.COM LMS DRY). The component files can also be acquired manually, via direct download links in the General Information thread, and also the event thread (Round 5: Thrustmaster 12 Hours of Suzuka). If you experience any issues with accessing the updated files then please inform us as soon as possible so that we can investigate and rectify any problems.

The Thrustmaster 12 Hours of Suzuka is now only 2 weeks away. Official Practice shall commence at 11:00 GMT, GT Qualifying at 11:40 GMT and Prototype Qualifying at 12:15 GMT, before the green flag is waved for the Race at approximately 13:00 GMT, on Saturday 7th October. More information can be found here. And remember that a live broadcast, including commentary, will be available throughout the race, for both of this series' remaining rounds.

Meanwhile, the submission deadline for new and updated skin files to be included in the final version of the custom car / skin pack (v6.0) is Friday 27th October, and the component file shall be released on Saturday 28th October, 3 weeks prior to the sixth and final race of the season. The deadline has been moved forward by one week because I will be away between Friday 3rd November and Wednesday 8th November, during which time the updated resources would usually be released. By making this announcement now I hope to give teams sufficient notice and time to make preparations in advance. Further reminders shall be provided nearer the time. I apologise for any inconvenience that this may cause. I would like to take this opportunity to remind all teams that updated skins can now be submitted for Round 6 of the championship.

In the meantime, best of luck to all teams with testing and training, and we look forward to seeing you for Round 5 of the RDLMS powered by Vesaro on Saturday 7th October.

server says package not availble:(
on both servers
It's possible that the GetMod had stopped working yesterday, which would have prevented you from automatically acquiring missing components when logging in to the server. It appears to be working again now, but there are also a couple of alternatives for downloading required resources for the RDLMS - you can manually acquire the component files (see the opening post of the event thread - Round 5: Thrustmaster 12 Hours of Suzuka - which contains links to the necessary mods), or subscribe to the private RDLMS Steam Workshop group (see here for more details). :thumbsup:

Meanwhile, I have also restarted both servers for good measure! :)

It's possible that the GetMod had stopped working yesterday, which would have prevented you from automatically acquiring missing components when logging in to the server. It appears to be working again now, but there are also a couple of alternatives for downloading required resources for the RDLMS - you can manually acquire the component files (see the opening post of the event thread - Round 5: Thrustmaster 12 Hours of Suzuka - which contains links to the necessary mods), or subscribe to the private RDLMS Steam Workshop group (see here for more details). :thumbsup:

Meanwhile, I have also restarted both servers for good measure! :)
:thumbsup: im in

Got an issue with the trackmap on live timing - says Track not Found!
Thanks for the heads up Dan, however this is intentional - the live timing application knows that I have configured and generated a track map for Suzuka, but I have not uploaded it yet because I need to determine and indicate the locations of the Safety-first Zones on the map. I shall sort this out and add the track map tomorrow morning. :)

ANNOUNCEMENT!

Please find below (and in the opening post of this thread) links to the live timing page and the track map page; these individual and comparatively simpler screens should work quicker and better compared to the 'Stream' pages because no interaction with the underlying database is required to retrieve previous timing information:

Live timing: HERE
Track map: HERE
Track map [alt.]: HERE
Server status: HERE

We recommend using these links because previously provided links to the 'Stream' pages may be slow, and may also slow down the live timing application for others.

Once again you may view the track in one of two colours schemes - yellow/orange and blue/orange - as some people have previously been unable to distinguish the yellow zone from the orange zones.

Selecting a row on the live timing screen will highlight the driver in the timing table, and also still highlight the chosen car on the track map (even though both run in separate tabs / windows).

If at any point the live timing table or cars on the track map disappear just refresh the page and everything should reappear.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What brands would you like to see with more engagement in simracing?

• Ferrari

Votes: 39 44.3%
  • Porsche

Votes: 29 33.0%
  • BMW

Votes: 33 37.5%
  • McLaren

Votes: 22 25.0%
  • Toyota

Votes: 34 38.6%
  • Intel

Votes: 13 14.8%