RD Le Mans Series Season 7 (rFactor 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Changes include instructions for performing a physical We would like to encourage you to please ask any questions that you may have regarding this

I thought I might learn something but wrong kind of physical... :roflmao:

On a serious note, the wording for full course caution. Must slow immediately once the caution is in effect. Does that mean we have the countdown from 5 then once it is in effect we have to slow down, or is it in those 5 seconds we must be slowed down and on the limiter by the time the caution comes into effect?

Last edited:
I thought I might learn something but wrong kind of physical... :roflmao:
Aw, damn! I knew that I had forgotten something… :redface: I shall correct this in the morning.

On a serious note, the wording for full course caution. Must slow immediately once the caution is in effect. Does that mean we have the countdown from 5 then once it is in effect we have to slow down, or is it in those 5 seconds we must be slowed down and in the limiter by the time the caution comes into effect?
My apologies, I should have been clearer about this. :unsure:

When a full-course yellow is due to come into effect Race Control shall announce over TeamSpeak "there will be a full-course yellow", before the countdown commences. Drivers should not slow down (excessively) during this countdown period, to prevent potential accidents as a result of each driver slowing at their own pace, but ultimately they should be prepared to hear "full-course yellow is in effect" at the end of the countdown from Race Control. It is after this announcement that all cars must immediately be slowed to pit-lane speed, and have their limiters engaged.

The countdown itself shall be relatively quick, as we want drivers to slow down as soon as possible to avoid further incidents. It's main purpose is simply to give each driver the opportunity to make space for themselves (especially if they are in a battle when the first announcement is made) and get ready to slow down for the caution.

I hope this helps to clarify the procedure. I'll make an appropriate amendment to the rule in the morning to remove any obscurities. :) Thank you for flagging this oversight. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
I have been doing some laps with my teammate Flores, and we felt really concerned about the bumps added on the kerbs. We agree about the need of the bumps, but the position at some corners invites to avoidable incidents. If the bumps could be at the edge of the kerbs and not over the kerbs, it would be a big difference.

The most noticeable problems are at: exit of "Curva del sol", exit of "Descida do Lago", and at the exit of "Junção". There are no problems with the inside kerbs, because you can handle that, but at the exit you don't have the same control.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 54 9.3%
  • Monthly

Votes: 28 4.8%
  • Yearly

Votes: 35 6.0%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.3%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 13 2.2%