RD Le Mans Series Season 7 (rFactor 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I always thought curbs were meant to be used as long as 2 wheels remain over the white line? Why are we adding these horrendous bumps? For effect? It detracts from the racing and slows the Gt cars down horribly. In imola it was suggested to prevent cutting which is fine but there's nothing to cut here. I can see someone clipping one in the race and then taking someone or several with him.

Usually I understand cut track barriers, but this time it is going beyond what it should be doing.

It is completely fine to do something like in Descida do Lago, as we are allowed to place two wheels (as per rules) on the white line as shown here:
CIC7tGh.jpg
Even though time gains in the grass (there is no astroturf like irl there) and going wide there are questionable, also taking away a possible getaway area, I understand RD wants to be strict on track limits.

However, what is seen in pretty much all other bumps added is intrusive and possibly dangerous. Note that all the cases I show in these images, I still had some legal track space according to the rules.
Senna S
lIwIQa9.jpg

u9XsF2u.jpg

Curva do Sol
J418NO2.jpg

Laranjinha
daOmkUf.jpg

csXYFdG.jpg

Bico do Pato
iRE2aIA.jpg

Junção
uawQorV.jpg

XLDrPlH.jpg

Also, what is the reasoning behind adding bumps in the pitlane entry? It is already dangerous by itself. Adding these bumps are only going to make things worse for cars going through the track and entering the pitlane, as it takes away a lapping spot and given Enduracers boaty feel it is very hard to keep the car within the bumps (it takes away a considerable amount of space going into the pits), while keeping reasonable speeds in the racing line beforehand.
CiLAgw1.jpg
Again as per rules it should be legal to place two wheels inside the line, maybe just allowing the inside wheels to touch the white line is a good alternative? It would prevent crashes and allows for a escape route if needed.

Also, as there will be live stewarding during the race, most of these bumps aren't necessary if teams report each other for cutting. It can be easily analysed once reported and it would also follow somewhat what is done irl currently.
I'm not asking for stewards to monitor 40 cars during 12H, as it is an extremely tough task, even irl they have automated track cut help as well as track marshals.

Remember it is a 12H race and increasing the possibility for incidents will possible bring more trouble than the race itself will already give.

IMPORTANT!

Information regarding full-course yellows has been updated in the Additional Regulations for RDLMS Season 7 (v1.2); see here (or below) for more information.

Full-course yellow. When a full-course yellow is due to come into effect Race Control shall announce "there will be a full-course yellow", before commencing a countdown from "5" down to "1" over TeamSpeak. Drivers should NOT slow down (excessively) during this countdown period, to prevent potential accidents. At the end of the countdown Race Control will state "full-course yellow is in effect"; after this announcement all cars must immediately slow down to pit-lane speed, and have their pit limiters engaged. During the full-course yellow period all cars are expected to continue with caution, at pit-lane speed, and no overtaking shall be permitted except when a car has spun or is moving slowly due to potential damage. Announcements regarding slow moving cars shall be made over TeamSpeak. At the end of the full-course yellow period Race Control will state that the danger has cleared, perform another countdown, before calling "Green Flag". Once "Green Flag" has been announced cars can return to racing speed. The pits shall remain open at all times. NOTE: During the full-course yellow period the session will actually remain green, for technical reasons.

IMPORTANT!

Information regarding full-course yellows has been updated in the Additional Regulations for RDLMS Season 7 (v1.2); see here (or below) for more information.

Full-course yellow. When a full-course yellow is due to come into effect Race Control shall announce "there will be a full-course yellow", before commencing a countdown from "5" down to "1" over TeamSpeak. Drivers should NOT slow down (excessively) during this countdown period, to prevent potential accidents. At the end of the countdown Race Control will state "full-course yellow is in effect"; after this announcement all cars must immediately slow down to pit-lane speed, and have their pit limiters engaged. During the full-course yellow period all cars are expected to continue with caution, at pit-lane speed, and no overtaking shall be permitted except when a car has spun or is moving slowly due to potential damage. Announcements regarding slow moving cars shall be made over TeamSpeak. At the end of the full-course yellow period Race Control will state that the danger has cleared, perform another countdown, before calling "Green Flag". Once "Green Flag" has been announced cars can return to racing speed. The pits shall remain open at all times. NOTE: During the full-course yellow period the session will actually remain green, for technical reasons.

I have been doing some laps with my teammate Flores, and we felt really concerned about the bumps added on the kerbs. We agree about the need of the bumps, but the position at some corners invites to avoidable incidents. If the bumps could be at the edge of the kerbs and not over the kerbs, it would be a big difference.

The most noticeable problems are at: exit of "Curva del sol", exit of "Descida do Lago", and at the exit of "Junção". There are no problems with the inside kerbs, because you can handle that, but at the exit you don't have the same control.
I always thought curbs were meant to be used as long as 2 wheels remain over the white line? Why are we adding these horrendous bumps? For effect? It detracts from the racing and slows the Gt cars down horribly. In imola it was suggested to prevent cutting which is fine but there's nothing to cut here. I can see someone clipping one in the race and then taking someone or several with him.
Usually I understand cut track barriers, but this time it is going beyond what it should be doing.

It is completely fine to do something like in Descida do Lago, as we are allowed to place two wheels (as per rules) on the white line as shown here:
CIC7tGh.jpg
Even though time gains in the grass (there is no astroturf like irl there) and going wide there are questionable, also taking away a possible getaway area, I understand RD wants to be strict on track limits.

However, what is seen in pretty much all other bumps added is intrusive and possibly dangerous. Note that all the cases I show in these images, I still had some legal track space according to the rules.
Senna S
lIwIQa9.jpg

u9XsF2u.jpg

Curva do Sol
J418NO2.jpg

Laranjinha
daOmkUf.jpg

csXYFdG.jpg

Bico do Pato
iRE2aIA.jpg

Junção
uawQorV.jpg

XLDrPlH.jpg

Also, what is the reasoning behind adding bumps in the pitlane entry? It is already dangerous by itself. Adding these bumps are only going to make things worse for cars going through the track and entering the pitlane, as it takes away a lapping spot and given Enduracers boaty feel it is very hard to keep the car within the bumps (it takes away a considerable amount of space going into the pits), while keeping reasonable speeds in the racing line beforehand.
CiLAgw1.jpg
Again as per rules it should be legal to place two wheels inside the line, maybe just allowing the inside wheels to touch the white line is a good alternative? It would prevent crashes and allows for a escape route if needed.

Also, as there will be live stewarding during the race, most of these bumps aren't necessary if teams report each other for cutting. It can be easily analysed once reported and it would also follow somewhat what is done irl currently.
I'm not asking for stewards to monitor 40 cars during 12H, as it is an extremely tough task, even irl they have automated track cut help as well as track marshals.

Remember it is a 12H race and increasing the possibility for incidents will possible bring more trouble than the race itself will already give.
Thank you very much for all of your feedback guys. :) It is incredibly valuable and much appreciated - the screenshots are especially helpful. I shall forward this information and the suggestions on to @Gijs van Elderen, who is helping us with track updates and modifications.

we are allowed to place two wheels (as per rules) on the white line as shown here:
No. ;) But tollerated incase of discussion... :)

League rules:
The track is a strip edged by clearly defined lines (usually white, sometimes yellow).
Drivers must always, whilst being in control of the car, remain within the track edges and thus over the track surface with at least two wheels

2 wheels should remain within the white lines. Not on the white lines.

As you have proven with your screenshots. All speedbumbs are well placed except the exit of T4 (Descida do Lago).
A compromise has been made at T4 with the track testers to allow 2 wheels on the white line.

Thanx for testing. :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 54 9.3%
  • Monthly

Votes: 28 4.8%
  • Yearly

Votes: 35 6.0%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.3%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 13 2.2%