Show us your Rig / Cockpit

As I already explained earlier in the thread, my rig is installed very tightly in a corner of the room, as you can see in the pictures I posted. A motion platform makes it pretty immobile. I have to be able to move it for adjustments and cleaning, that'd why it's mounted on castor wheels.

In that case then a jacking system is required.
Like race cars have pneumatic cylinders firing out with the wheels on them, roll it round, remove the pneumatics and it sits back on its motion actuators. Job done!:D

In that case then a jacking system is required.
Like race cars have pneumatic cylinders firing out with the wheels on them, roll it round, remove the pneumatics and it sits back on its motion actuators. Job done!:D
Hmm, maybe I can feel a project coming on. Who supplies all this equipment? I have no idea where to start.

Hmm, maybe I can feel a project coming on. Who supplies all this equipment? I have no idea where to start.

depends if you want actual regulated products for race cars or not. For sim work it’s best to spec it yourself, be a lot
Cheaper as well. Just some pneumatic cylinders with regulators and valves to control your speeds.
you’d also need a pressurised airline in the house as well, that might cause a few problems with the other half!

There’s a guy on Instagram running pneumatic actuators for motion, acontour.racing, Would be worth checking him out, it’d be similar hardware if you were serious. An easier option if you actually wanted to run motion and move the rig afterwards would be a hand jacking device, either cammed or screw actuated.

depends if you want actual regulated products for race cars or not. For sim work it’s best to spec it yourself, be a lot
Cheaper as well. Just some pneumatic cylinders with regulators and valves to control your speeds.
you’d also need a pressurised airline in the house as well, that might cause a few problems with the other half!

There’s a guy on Instagram running pneumatic actuators for motion, acontour.racing, Would be worth checking him out, it’d be similar hardware if you were serious. An easier option if you actually wanted to run motion and move the rig afterwards would be a hand jacking device, either cammed or screw actuated.
On reflection, I think I'll take a break from upgrading and rebuilding for now: I've dropped over €4.5K for sim equipment since December, and my long-suffering wife of 36 years is still talking to me. I don't want to push my luck :D

On reflection, I think I'll take a break from upgrading and rebuilding for now: I've dropped over €4.5K for sim equipment since December, and my long-suffering wife of 36 years is still talking to me. I don't want to push my luck :D

how will you ever know where the limit is, if you don’t push it;)
If she stops talking to you, surely that means more sim time

It surely is possible.
But we all are old enough to know that not everything that is possible has to be done!!

( And Grahame, don´t take note of the fact that your Sparco seat has belt openings and it would be no big deal to add the belt pullers without the need for a "roll cage"
Just fix some "rollers" to the seat to guide the belts and mount the puller motor to the back of the simrig.
Would in no way pass tech inspection, but good enough for simming. NOT putting any ideas in your head ;))

MFG Carsten

ive fallen head first into it!
But it’s okay, because the sim rig will never cost as much as the horse, so she can’t complain about my spending on it.
I mean she can and she does, but I have the moral high ground, right? :roflmao:
Yeah, I know what you mean. I only started to get into high-end sim gear when I managed to kick the smoking habit. And for four years now I've been "investing" the €200 a month on sim gear instead.
And the moral high ground in my case? Every time my wife starts to chunter about the costs, I remind her where the money comes from, and, here's the best bit, she still smokes :)

Basically nowhere, it's DIY-project: https://opensfx.com/
But you can get ready made components from China.

Local topic: The SimFeedback-AC DIY Motion Simulator thread
Sweet baby Jesus, that stuff ain't exactly cheap...:speechless:
But it won't fit in the corner anyway, one of those actuator units at each corner would make it impossible to close the room door. I'm working with millimeters in the corner where the chassis stands: I even have to place my computer at an angle to allow the door to close. If I put it parallel to the chassis, the door doesn't close. Doesn't do my OCD any good at all...:D
True fact: I ended up getting VR instead of triple screens because I have no room. As I bought my 34" ultra wide screen monitor, I first measured between the door and the wall to make sure it'd fit. It does, just, with 1.5cm to spare...
The actuator system does look good though, I must admit :thumbsup:

DIY is less than 2k€ (including price of basic 3D printer)...

Sry Off-Topic! :rolleyes:
I'm almost happy that it wouldn't fit in the corner at home, otherwise I'd be diving down the next rabbit hole, and thinking about how I could drum up 2 grand, and then slide it past my wife somehow. Been there, done that, no, let's not go there again...:)

Latest configuration. Been tweaking the position of the displays. I am happy with this screen distance and height. Now if I could only get an RTX3080.

Rig-1.jpg
Rig-2.jpg
Rig-3.jpg
Rig-4.jpg
Rig-5.jpg
Rig-6.jpg

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 36 8.5%
  • Monthly

Votes: 20 4.7%
  • Yearly

Votes: 29 6.9%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.7%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.5%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 10 2.4%