PC2 Sim Discussion Monday - Project CARS 2

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Sim Discussion Monday - Project CARS 2 - 3.jpg

First day back in the office for many this morning, what better way to pass the time than have a good discussion about the new Project CARS game?

Now the dust is beginning to settle around the recent release of Project CARS 2, we thought it a good time to look deeper into the game, driven by our community, and share our findings and impressions from the heavily hyped new racing title from Slightly Mad Studios.

Do you have some useful tips for getting the most from the sim? Found a magic setting to really unlock the FFB? Got a trick up your sleeve that helps bring sharper graphics for little FPS trade off? Or do you simply want to share your most / least favourite car and track combinations?

So long as it remains on topic, respectful and mature, we want to know your thoughts!

Mondays be like...

Sim Discussion Monday - Project CARS 2 - 2.jpg
Sim Discussion Monday - Project CARS 2 - 4.jpg
Sim Discussion Monday - Project CARS 2.jpg

Hey there is a new patch wich did not fix anything but they just keep you warm.
They should change the name into hopping cars2
btw i am lower in rank E1100 with orange, and i maybe in 45 hours hit 10 times on my account!
The 300 crashes from the idiots and the laggers are killing us out there!

erm reading this thread I'll correct things for you
Normal person: "this is a good sim game with a few issues, most will be fixed to varying degrees"
hater : "this game sucks, fiziks suck, tyre model sucks, ai sucks, SMS sucks...etc..etc...etc
Lol yeah everybody who doesn't love it is automatically a hater.

Maybe we just remember the pre-release line of yes we listened and everything broken in PC1 has been fixed for PC2 so just let us talk about the new features. Err yeah PC1 rubbish AI... PC2 rubbish AI. Keep waiting for your few issues to be patched if you really still believe these compulsive liars who have a complete history of abandoning their broken games! Makes me a realist with memory recall not a hater!

Maybe we just remember the pre-release line of yes we listened and everything broken in PC1 has been fixed for PC2 so just let us talk about the new features. Err yeah PC1 rubbish AI... PC2 rubbish AI. Keep waiting for your few issues to be patched if you really still believe these compulsive liars who have a complete history of abandoning their broken games! Makes me a realist with memory recall not a hater!
Makes you narrow minded. What is your sim of choice? Is it bug free? As it been out a while? Are you whining about? Have you played pcars 2?

Apology accepted. :thumbsup: And I don't need my nouveau riche yuppie head examining either. And I haven't got a pompous white squirrel. (see how they were directed at me?);) And anything I direct at Bell has nothing to do with you either, so no need to take that personally which some of you guys seem to do for some reason.

edit: and that bit about Mr Bell and his Dr Evil laugh was funny to me and of no harm to any one in reality.

I don't want to encourage you but I got a laugh from that reference also. :)

And did anyone try to install 3-4 weather slots from clear to heavy rain and put on an weather progression on x30 for half an hour? After what I saw and felt, I admit that for the next year this is the number one racing game on my PC. :cool:

I hear you loud and clear mate! :D sunny-foggy with rain-sunny again...and a 20x time to pass from dusk to night in a couple of laps...Amazing!

By the way, I'm enjoying the pc version...it's very good...but reading some posts here in the forum, it seems to be that console version (as it is obvious) it's pretty different...while pretty seems to me "worst"...due to the fact I'm willing to buy the Xbox One version to play online with some friends, I was wondering how much difference there's in the two versions..I'm not talking about graphics and resolution, that is (again) obvious...what about FFB, car setups, cars phyisc, AI, and all of the major options we have on pc (it's Amazing how you can customize this title...)? I know it may sounds like a stupid question but...before spending 70,00 € would be nice to know if all the good stuffs on pc version are there in the console one too...thank you! :)

• Deleted member 99238

I hear you loud and clear mate! :D sunny-foggy with rain-sunny again...and a 20x time to pass from dusk to night in a couple of laps...Amazing! :)
Yes, this is similar to what I experienced, but my favorite time in PC2 is 19:00 for Europe. In addition to visual perception, very strong impressions of the track, which quickly changes its properties from dry to wet. My G27 tells me that it was unforgettable. And the sounds from the rain drops beginners fall on the roof of the car create an indescribable atmosphere for the race.

Last edited by a moderator:

yeah just like everyone who doesn't hate the game and the devs is a fanboy/shill/employee. Grow up.

Reactions: rw3
  • Deleted member 99238

There was an opportunity to compare the graphics and effects of rain PC1 against PC2:

It seems to me that PC2 still lacks something in comparison with PC1, perhaps it concerns the lighting and reflections of wet asphalt.

There was an opportunity to compare the graphics and effects of rain PC1 against PC2:

It seems to me that PC2 still lacks something in comparison with PC1, perhaps it concerns the lighting and reflections of wet asphalt.
This is an interesting comparison, thanks for posing it. From watching the video, I actually like the newer version better. Would really like to see the cockpit view as that is the only view I use to race. One of the reasons I did not race even more in the rain in the original was because some of the tracks got a bit muddled between the dark skies and the asphalt, it was often hard to see the track, and therefore stay on it. Seems the new lighting is more daylight corrected, I can see the rain and cloudy sky, but now the track is much easier to see, and more life like in representation from my experiences driving in heavy rain. Now if it was dusk or night time, that would be a different story. No expert, just my opinion.

Runnig the game on a I7 and a Titan X (Pascal)...native 4K almost fps locked everywere...sometimes tho, also in practice and good weather I got some annoying fps drops while driving from cockpit...I got 45 or 40 without reasons...it's very disturbing coz you can feel and see the drop...Same problem on replay from track camere sometimes and in rainy\bad weather condition...At the start behing some cars I can hit also 42-44 then usually after the first corner I go 55-60 fps again...but again somewhere along the track drops again...is there any particulary fix or any particulary options I have to lower or change? Thank you! :)

• Deleted member 99238

One of the reasons I did not race even more in the rain in the original was because some of the tracks got a bit muddled between the dark skies and the asphalt, it was often hard to see the track, and therefore stay on it.
I agree, in the PC1 in some cars in cockpit it was very dark during the rain, but now the feeling of the approaching storm is gone, now it's just rain. The implementation of the storm with rain is much more atmospheric in FM7:

Runnig the game on a I7 and a Titan X (Pascal)...native 4K almost fps locked everywere...sometimes tho, also in practice and good weather I got some annoying fps drops while driving from cockpit...I got 45 or 40 without reasons...it's very disturbing coz you can feel and see the drop...Same problem on replay from track camere sometimes and in rainy\bad weather condition...At the start behing some cars I can hit also 42-44 then usually after the first corner I go 55-60 fps again...but again somewhere along the track drops again...is there any particulary fix or any particulary options I have to lower or change? Thank you! :)
I received my 2 Titan Xp this week and have them running in SLI at 7730 X 1440. Getting a solid 95 to 100 fps at mostly Ultra settings on an I-7 5960 @ 3.8. But to be honest the graphics look so good, I could easily turn down a lot of settings without noticing any changes. Going to do some tweaking myself this weekend. I definitely feel whenever my system drops below 60 fps and loose feeling of being connected to the sim when this happens, That's why I went to Titan Xp sli. I usually play with graphic settings until I get my system solidly over 100 fps so that multiplayer frame drops (in any sim this is gonna happen) don't put me below 60 fps. Here are a few examples.

And here is a guide to setting up graphic optimization.

I received my 2 Titan Xp this week and have them running in SLI at 7730 X 1440. Getting a solid 95 to 100 fps at mostly Ultra settings on an I-7 5960 @ 3.8. But to be honest the graphics look so good, I could easily turn down a lot of settings without noticing any changes. Going to do some tweaking myself this weekend. I definitely feel whenever my system drops below 60 fps and loose feeling of being connected to the sim when this happens, That's why I went to Titan Xp sli. I usually play with graphic settings until I get my system solidly over 100 fps so that multiplayer frame drops (in any sim this is gonna happen) don't put me below 60 fps. Here are a few examples.

And here is a guide to setting up graphic optimization.

Wow Titan xp sli...chapeau! By the way thnx, ill have a look at the video tomorrow. Honestly it's so annoying when drops fps in the rain, don't know which settings I have to set to lower value to avoid it

Wow Titan xp sli...chapeau! By the way thnx, ill have a look at the video tomorrow. Honestly it's so annoying when drops fps in the rain, don't know which settings I have to set to lower value to avoid it
I'm no expert either, but there is usually someone like the guy in the video who has a handle on it and can save you a bunch of time guessing. No doubt when you lay out that kind of coin for a video card you want the most out of it.:)

• Deleted member 99238

I have great news.
I managed to swing the car in one of the turns with sharp movements of the steering wheel and put it on two wheels:

5a9d097d6bab.jpg

ee99a0c78ecd.jpg

Amazing! :thumbsup:

Latest News

How are you going to watch 24 hours of Le Mans

• On national tv

Votes: 300 34.7%
  • Eurosport app/website

Votes: 242 28.0%
  • WEC app/website

Votes: 161 18.6%