PC2 Sim Discussion Monday - Project CARS 2

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Sim Discussion Monday - Project CARS 2 - 3.jpg

First day back in the office for many this morning, what better way to pass the time than have a good discussion about the new Project CARS game?

Now the dust is beginning to settle around the recent release of Project CARS 2, we thought it a good time to look deeper into the game, driven by our community, and share our findings and impressions from the heavily hyped new racing title from Slightly Mad Studios.

Do you have some useful tips for getting the most from the sim? Found a magic setting to really unlock the FFB? Got a trick up your sleeve that helps bring sharper graphics for little FPS trade off? Or do you simply want to share your most / least favourite car and track combinations?

So long as it remains on topic, respectful and mature, we want to know your thoughts!

Mondays be like...

Sim Discussion Monday - Project CARS 2 - 2.jpg
Sim Discussion Monday - Project CARS 2 - 4.jpg
Sim Discussion Monday - Project CARS 2.jpg

I just tried to drive to Mclaren F1 in a heavy rain with puddles. Yes, when hit in a puddle at a speed, the car begins to lose control and in general in the rain the car is poorly controlled. I can explain this to those for Mclaren F1 there is no rain tires as well as in the whole class of Road C. Try to drive in the same conditions on a GT3 class car that has rain tires and there are no problems.
I will try tonight. I need more testing to understand all the parameters in this. But then I hope the XJ220 has appropriate tires instead that event is a nightmare..

• Deleted member 99238

As far as I know we just have slick, wet, ice and off-road/dirt, not sure if that applies to all cars.
Not exactly. In the Road C class under discussion, there is only - Soft/Medium/Hard - Dirt - Snow tires. For the rain automatically put tires Medium. For wet weather (Rain) tires do not! This is the whole problem.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Deleted member 99238

I drove now on the Toyota GT86 from the Road G class.
There for the rain automatically put tires Hard (Pirelli P-Zero) and no problems with driving in the rain there. Apparently there is again some kind of bug. :O_o:

I drove now on the Toyota GT86 from the Road G class.
There for the rain automatically put tires Hard (Pirelli P-Zero) and no problems with driving in the rain there. Apparently there is again some kind of bug. :O_o:
The Pirelli P-Zero is a treaded street tire that should be able to channel water effectively, that being said it did place 9th in the Car and Driver tire test behind the Michelin Pilot Super Sport , and did not fair well in wet conditions. So maybe there needs to be some tweaking but also need to compare apples to apples, IE same track, same time of day, same weather conditions etc., to test one car against another for grip. Also lowering the car will often hurt wet weather performance, so you should also use stock setups for evaluation.

• Deleted member 99238

So maybe there needs to be some tweaking but also need to compare apples to apples, IE same track, same time of day, same weather conditions etc., to test one car against another for grip.
I spend all my tests in the same conditions. Settings of cars are default. Definitely I can say that there are no problems with driving in the rain for cars of classes GT3 and GT4 because they have a choice of tires for wet weather. It is impossible to drive in the rain cars from Road C, Road D classes. Developers need to do something about this.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh dear.... Well since PCars 2 released it's been great, I've been playing loads of iRAcing RRE and rf2 so made a decision to give AC and AMS some love whilst I wait for PCars 2 to get all the patches it needs, by then it should be available at discounted price.
Perfect. So whilst many are playing the shiny new games in PCars 2 and Forza 7, I'm getting deep into AC finally... And loving it and really starting to see what all the fuss is about...
Glad a bunch of people have paid top whack to beta test PC 2 so it's almost perfect for when I pick it up cheap...cheers, keep finding those bugs and squash in them...

• Deleted member 99238

I'm getting deep into AC finally... And loving it and really starting to see what all the fuss is about...
The AC has nowhere to dive.
What are you researching there? :D
PC2 even with all the current bugs gives me a lot more sensations than all that was before it.

The AC has nowhere to dive.
What are you researching there? :D
PC2 even with all the current bugs gives me a lot more sensations than all that was before it.

Well you guys just keep beta testing it and one day when it's mostly fixed I'll pick it up, most likely then at a discount.
I still think PCars 1 is perfectly good and last steam sale the ultimate edition was 17 quid , that's every bit of content.....
There's enough sims out there on PC to render PCars 2 pointless to me, including as I said PCars 1, not sure why so many PCars 2 fanboys use PCars 1 as a whipping boy, it is a good game and in many ways better than PCars 2 which is a bit Forza sell out ish for my tastes..

(emphasis mine)

I'm struggling to see how pC2 "is a bit Forza sell out ish"? What in particular are you referring to? :)

Just feels like we are in the long haul of PCars 3 4 5 6 etc etc, every new one is better or bigger blah blah blah, basically really your just paying for same game same dlc over and over.
Just extras like driving a racing car in snow, might be good fun but man I can still have fun in PCars 1 with largely the same car roster.
Regards Forza, 4 was the franchise pinnacle for me.
I do think this "it's new" mentality is more of a console thing, desperate to keep up with the in crowd like new trainers... Makes people a serious crust so not knocking anyone, game industry is no worse than the movie or music biz trotting out same old stuff....

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 58 9.2%
  • Monthly

Votes: 31 4.9%
  • Yearly

Votes: 39 6.2%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.3%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 14 2.2%