Sol

Misc Sol 2.2.9

Login or Register an account to download this content
I just can't get the game to run smooth. Getting random stuttering on. ....
Hi! Please, don't get me wrong but this kind of question maybe a little bit out of context here, and
I don't want to intrude also, but the main reasons are:
1 - Bad block disk;
2 - Bad internet connection;
3 - Programs running in the background (like antivirus, for example);
4 - Corrupt files (try to make an Integrity verification in the game using Steam Client);
5 - CPU spikes (due to temperature or overclock)
6 - Forgot to mention: VGA drivers (try to update the drivers or to downgrade it);
If none of these are the cause, then my suggestion is that you post this question in the Assetto Corsa support forum.
Cheers! Sorry if I could not help and if I was nosy here.

Last edited:
I just can't get the game to run smooth. Getting random stuttering on. I can do one lap without any stuttering, only for it to be heavily there on my second lap. Tested at Nordschleife and Trento Bondone Hillclimb.
Whatever I do with the graphics settings, I can't eliminate it.
Getting frustrated with it by now...
It happens both with with CSP + SOL and with both set to off.
V-sync on or off, 60fps limit or not, various AA settings do not eliminate this.

My PC specs are: Radeon RX 580 8GB, Ryzen 5 2600X, 16 GB RAM, Samsung SSD 970 Evo Plus 500GB
PC is new, built and configured about 2 months ago.

I think these specs should be more than enough to run the game smoothly at high settings.

Will be very glad to eliminate this problem, but I am feeling helpless now.
Is there a difference between racing and replay playback?

Works great for me, just one thing I don't understand. Headlights versus high-beams.

When I start night riding with a new car the headlights are pointing way short. I want high-beams and the SOL menus are set to "always use high-beams". However I cannot find a car control to switch between driving headlights and high-beams.

What I did find is that SOL config in-game can adjust the headlight range, which modifies an ini file. Is that the only and/or correct way to do it?

BTW, thank you so much. For the first time I went through to enable everything properly including the pre-release shader patch and read the list of cars and tracks which are prepped to pick a good experience. It is truly awesome. I am considering making a video, and given how lazy I am that says something.

Works great for me, just one thing I don't understand. Headlights versus high-beams.

When I start night riding with a new car the headlights are pointing way short. I want high-beams and the SOL menus are set to "always use high-beams". However I cannot find a car control to switch between driving headlights and high-beams.

What I did find is that SOL config in-game can adjust the headlight range, which modifies an ini file. Is that the only and/or correct way to do it?

BTW, thank you so much. For the first time I went through to enable everything properly including the pre-release shader patch and read the list of cars and tracks which are prepped to pick a good experience. It is truly awesome. I am considering making a video, and given how lazy I am that says something.
Sol just switch on the headlights. High and low beams is a feature of CSP. In Content Manager you can setup a control for it in on the control setup page SETTINGS->Assetto Corsa->controls.

Hello. Only a question. why sometimes when it gets dark the car lights take a while to turn on?
thanks, awesome mod !!
I had to put in a delay, because the ambient light is modified by many inputs like cloudshadow and other things. So without this delay the headlights start to switch on and off with beginning sunset.

Last edited:
The combination of CM + CSP + SOL is a joy! I can't stop admiring the beauty of it and how tallented you guys are... just unbelivable. :confused:

But everyday, for days, I get home and try different combinations, hoping to make things like Accumulation Motion Blur and smoke to work, with no success - and it used to work very well with Sol 1.2.X and CSP 0.1.25-Preview140, now it has no effect or undesirable results.

Monza is also having problems at night/low light. I have many screenshots where poles had lights, now only some areas light up, like the pits, bridges and marshall posts. It had a vibrant life at night, very different than what it is now. I tried to reinstall Tracks VAO and Configs, with no effect.

I don't mean to be rude or to demand things here, but it would nice to have some feedback if those things are having some kind of issue at the moment and if there is any chance that it will work again, or it's just me.

Thank you very much for any feedback!
Cheers ;)

Hello! It's me... again. :D

Two questions:

1 - How to set up dynamic weather before start the game? I mean, I've managed to do it by entering the game, accessing the SOL Menu a activating "Dynamic Weather", chose 3 types of weather and it kind of worked. But is there a way to set it in CM before entering the game, for example?

2 - In this same race that I tried the custom weather, I also set the time to advance 30 X, so the night come (niiiice :)), what I didn't like is that the cockpit got all light up by the cars from behind, as if there was a light bean inside the car, and the track got dark, almost impossible to see. I am having a hard time to explain in words, but what basically happened is that the cockpit got so bright that I could not see nothing in front, outside the car.

I am starting a campain in my Youtube channel about CM + CSP + SOL and I would like to show the most as possible that can be done with these 3 brilliant work of art. So, please, any help will be very welcome.

Cheers.

Updated yesterday and one issue I'm having is that sun tends to now be drawn if there is a slightest could in front of it
I understand that you won't see it behind thick cloud but sometimes it doesn't draw when it should

Anyone else noticing the same thing ?

I can find it, What does mean every one of the 18 dynamic weather plans? Which one I would have to choose if I want random everything (random starting weather, random speed of weather changing)?

And is there an option to random time in which you start the race? This seems to be forced to the value you set on the menu.

Hello,

I tried to update to 1.3.1 but I'm still in 1.25.
I got a black sky problem with the preview 140 (recommended) so I dl the last preview 205.
Now everything is ok except I don't have sparkles anymore.

Can someone have a solution please ?

Hi Peter,

thank you so much for the perfect work.
This raises the game to another league.
I have a little problem with the Nordschleife.
Glass panes and windows of the tents are blue
Do you have an idea why it could be, see picture.
Thank you for your effort.
Screenshot_ks_porsche_911_rsr_2018_ks_nordschleife_20-9-119-17-58-30__.jpg

hi, i have an issue with sol and dynamic lights. both works perfectly but when i turn on the rain, it's visible only on front windshield, but not on side glasses. what should i do? i try to reinstall but its still the same. i use content menager

Hmmm. I have been using Sol and Custom Shaders patch successfully for a while. After a break from AC I returned to find my lighting at the Nords off as experienced by others up the thread. Now when I go to change I get this lovely message:

upload_2019-10-1_12-49-32.png

I tried updating both SOL and CSP and have made a real mess of things. Is there a straight forward way to uninstall SOL and CSP to reinstall them?

Hmmm. I have been using Sol and Custom Shaders patch successfully for a while. After a break from AC I returned to find my lighting at the Nords off as experienced by others up the thread. Now when I go to change I get this lovely message:

View attachment 327111

I tried updating both SOL and CSP and have made a real mess of things. Is there a straight forward way to uninstall SOL and CSP to reinstall them?

Tried updating?

You should nuke whatever is in mods/ and mods_staging/ that looks like CSP. SOL doesn't appear there.

I also wonder, did you get today's .NET update from micheysoft?

Tried updating?

You should nuke whatever is in mods/ and mods_staging/ that looks like CSP. SOL doesn't appear there.

I also wonder, did you get today's .NET update from micheysoft?
Not sure. I deleted a bunch of files that had Shaders patch in the title to the point where I thought I had gotten rid of everything and reinstalled it again. I can now get to “settings”, but a lot of the skins on mod cars don’t work anymore. I probably deleted the extensions for them as they are not in the shaders patch car tab. At least I can run most of the races I have set up.

EDIT: I finally figured out that when I launch CM though Sim Commander is when I get the error message in Setting for Custom Shaders Patch. Not sure why, but if I launch CM from my desktop directly I have access to Settings.....I think that's new for me......

Last edited:
Has anyone else had an issue with stuttering in corners or braking? I'm not sure which update caused it, but it occurs mostly when turning mid-corner or if another car traverses across my field of vision. It is the same frequency of stutter as when you look to the side and see trees/poles passing by, but now it occurs in front vision. I have FPS overlay and there are no dips in FPS that coincide with the stuttering. It doesn't happen in any other racing sim. GPU usage is about 70% and CPU is about 35% on RTX 2080 and I9 9700K

Not sure. I deleted a bunch of files that had Shaders patch in the title to the point where I thought I had gotten rid of everything and reinstalled it again. I can now get to “settings”, but a lot of the skins on mod cars don’t work anymore. I probably deleted the extensions for them as they are not in the shaders patch car tab. At least I can run most of the races I have set up.

EDIT: I finally figured out that when I launch CM though Sim Commander is when I get the error message in Setting for Custom Shaders Patch. Not sure why, but if I launch CM from my desktop directly I have access to Settings.....I think that's new for me......
SimCommander runs as administrator, so CM does too. Try running CM directly (without SimCommander) as administrator, I think you'll see the same problem (I have no solution unfortunately...).

Latest News

What would be the ideal raceday for you to join our Club Races?

• Monday

Votes: 45 11.8%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 40 10.5%
  • Wednesday

Votes: 46 12.1%
  • Thursday

Votes: 44 11.5%
  • Friday

Votes: 130 34.1%
  • Saturday

Votes: 225 59.1%