Sol

Misc Sol 2.2.9

Login or Register an account to download this content
Sorry for the naive question but is it possible to make that brown wall blocking the pretty sky disappear?
brown.jpg

I am not a 3d artist and only got so far as to open the track`s .fbx into ksEditor:
ksEd.jpg

Please help me with some simple instructions what to change and how to save so the game loads the resulting .kn5. Using Sol v1.2.4 currently but that I think is not an issue. This problem is persistent on many of the older track mods when using Sol. Disabling "Weather FX" gets me this
no sol.jpg

Textures are .dds with DXT1 compression. If loaded in 3DsimED
3dsim.jpg

Maybe here I need to edit values for blending but don`t know what...

Last edited:
Sorry for the naive question but is it possible to make that brown wall blocking the pretty sky disappear?
View attachment 327268
I am not a 3d artist and only got so far as to open the track`s .fbx into ksEditor:
View attachment 327270
Please help me with some simple instructions what to change and how to save so the game loads the resulting .kn5. Using Sol v1.2.4 currently but that I think is not an issue. This problem is persistent on many of the older track mods when using Sol.
the solution is actually right there on your second screenshot, but why are you even messing with other people's tracks? That one there (is rip based, I know, but) still being actively worked on by a dedicated group. Ask them how to do it or what the purpose of that mesh plane is. And do the same with other peoples creation too before hacking your way into them.

Exactly... The problem appears only when using Sol. I explained it and illustrated it. And by now I even cracked it by myself. Why are you "restoring order" instead of helping me is beyond my comprehension. By the way I love your Primera car mod, but that`s really off toppic :)
that to me sounds very unlikely that it woudl be SOL causing this, more like the CSP ,

if you saved DDS as DXT1, it means you nuked alpha channel, so the only way to make it work in the engine is alpha test, which should be enough to key it out, but I would save it as DXT5, don't think there will be a huge difference in performance

I'm using simular planes with alpha channel on my tack and no issues what so ever

more like the CSP
Thank you for the polite answer. Just for the sake of clarity - the third screen in my post shows CSP enabled and Weather FX disabled so it`s not a CSP problem. My fix for that was simple and straight forward with 3DSimED. Please have a look and post some remarks if necessary. All tech talk about editing and creating in 3D is foreign to me (as for many other gamers) so help in laymans words will be welcome. I`m not the author of "Shuto", just a guy who can`t stand an eyesore of brown walls on the horizon :)

The fix I would attempt would be in the Assetto SDK, not 3Dsimed, 3dsimed probably calls it bit differently,
I was under impression that weatherFX is still CSP, not SOL, but I could be wrong of course!

I can take a look at 3dsimed if I see the blending mode, where you need to change it form Alpha Blend to Alpha Test, that could solve it for you
and on the object, you should try to turn isTransparent to True

The only problem is isTransparent is False for the object, in every case of those distant objects hiding the sky with weatherFX enabled but fine with regular AC it's because of that setting

Transparent is False for the object
Yes. Confirmed just now after correcting horizon of "Akagi". The setting is somewhat obscured in 3DSimED interface at the bottom. I have no prior experience in 3d editing at all.
Tried ksEditor bur apart from the triple loading time it yielded an unusable .kn5 on "Shuto" spewing in .log an error about "**pit_o**" position preventing the loading of the track. I like that 3DSimED much more already. It works.
Akagi 3ds 1.jpg

Last edited:
Not sure. I deleted a bunch of files that had Shaders patch in the title to the point where I thought I had gotten rid of everything and reinstalled it again. I can now get to “settings”, but a lot of the skins on mod cars don’t work anymore. I probably deleted the extensions for them as they are not in the shaders patch car tab. At least I can run most of the races I have set up.

EDIT: I finally figured out that when I launch CM though Sim Commander is when I get the error message in Setting for Custom Shaders Patch. Not sure why, but if I launch CM from my desktop directly I have access to Settings.....I think that's new for me......
Yeah, that's a werid issue. Glad you figured it out, I had the same thing and just happened to stumble upon the solution of opening from the desktop instead of through SC. Once everything is set up and you don't need to change anything in CSP, you can just launch from SC.

Can I ask another car lights issue question?

I have all the buttons for lights set up. However, the high-beams button is not a toggle, it just flashes the lights. The problem is that I start out in high-beams and touching that button leaves things without high-beams unless the button is kept being pressed.

Is that a high-beams toggle? As opposed to a flasher? I am not sure how to talk to the shader people.

Latest News

What would be the ideal raceday for you to join our Club Races?

• Monday

Votes: 32 16.2%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 26 13.2%
  • Wednesday

Votes: 28 14.2%
  • Thursday

Votes: 27 13.7%
  • Friday

Votes: 69 35.0%
  • Saturday

Votes: 111 56.3%