Sol

Misc Sol 2.2.9

Login or Register an account to download this content
I've dropped the dwrite.dll on my desktop just in case, what do you mean by extension folder? Thanks for helping btw
Do you run AC in 32 bit?
YJoFgwB.png

I'm having performance issues running in Oculus Rift mode.

With shader patch off (no SOL) I can run in Oculus mode, SS=1.5, all graphics setting on high, some on maximum and get solid 90fps, no lag.

Turn shader patch on, and fps in Oculus Rift mode drops to 50-75, with the bonus of high latency. Tried adjusting graphics to ALL lowest possible settings, still exact same 50-75 fps in Oculus Rift mode.

Just as a reference, in Single screen mode I can run SOL at 3840x2160p 60Hz with ALL setting on highest possible setting, shader patch on, and get 75-85 fps solid.

I looks like there is something in the shader patch hogging my performance ONLY when running in Oculus mode. causing frame rate to drop from 90 solid to 50-75 fps with high latency.

Is this a known issue, and if not, any ideas? Would love to use SOL in VR (Oculus Mode) but it is simply not viable.

Driving a tra k like Barcelona at night is so fantastic, but some tracks not so much because they lack the same night lights. Is there a way to add the track side lights like say Barcelona to other tracks? Even tracks like Kunos Spa doesn't have lights like what other do and some are just totally dark with even grandstands not lit at all :( is it something that can be fixed by the user or is it the Shader or SOL or track issue?

Driving a tra k like Barcelona at night is so fantastic, but some tracks not so much because they lack the same night lights. Is there a way to add the track side lights like say Barcelona to other tracks? Even tracks like Kunos Spa doesn't have lights like what other do and some are just totally dark with even grandstands not lit at all :( is it something that can be fixed by the user or is it the Shader or SOL or track issue?
The shader patch discord has s subchannel for config files like that

Just wanted to pop in and say a great big thank you for this. Just ran a night race (finally) with the RSS GT1 cars and it's bloody brilliant. Those intense daytime battles are so much more intense when you can hardly see where you're going into the darkness, with the headlights in the mirrors blinding you and illuminating the cockpit...

Just fantastic. Really, really awesome experience. Once a paycheque arrives you're getting a few beers from me for sure. :)

Can anyone tell me, if I was to install Sol and the shader patch, are they easy to disable? I am working on a track in its final stages and still balancing textures and materials, but I am also desperate to try out this new AC magic :thumbsup:

If it's a case of 'all or nothing' then I will still with GBW for now, but if I can switch back and forth between Vanilla and Sol that would be great.

Can anyone tell me, if I was to install Sol and the shader patch, are they easy to disable? I am working on a track in its final stages and still balancing textures and materials, but I am also desperate to try out this new AC magic :thumbsup:

If it's a case of 'all or nothing' then I will still with GBW for now, but if I can switch back and forth between Vanilla and Sol that would be great.

You can enable and disable both sol and the patch in the CM "content/mods" screen.
Or you can go to "settings/custom shaders patch/lighting FX", and there you can also enable/disable the shader patch with a single click.

Yeah, or separately grabbing VAO and configs is fine too. They may also be more up to date.
You may also find it easier to browse here, though they may not be quite as up to date as the Discord.
So out of all these files what ones do i need to get the night lights and grandstand lights and camera flashes and so forth like some tracks have ?

Yeah, or separately grabbing VAO and configs is fine too. They may also be more up to date.
You may also find it easier to browse here, though they may not be quite as up to date as the Discord.
Cheers UncleP - I'll grab the lot & have a play later ;)

I've been messing with exposure etc etc - One thing I've found with Sol/shaders patch & this is not a criticism (I use fully calibrated IPS panels, as in another life I work in the world of colour grading etc) the real inconsistency in track builds - some 1.5 stops over exposed some under by 2 stops, shame really, as Sol&shaders highlights this fact.... Spa, one of favs is so overblown & I can say this about many modded tracks.

Oh! - I should point out, AE does a pretty good job all in all.

Latest News

What would be the ideal raceday for you to join our Club Races?

• Monday

Votes: 50 12.4%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 42 10.4%
  • Wednesday

Votes: 48 11.9%
  • Thursday

Votes: 46 11.4%
  • Friday

Votes: 139 34.4%
  • Saturday

Votes: 238 58.9%