AC Special Event for those in US/Canada/Latin American TimezonesCLASSIC SPORTS CARS AT BRIDGEHAMPTON, MONDAY SEP 18

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event

dbx71

Club Staff
Premium
Welcome to the RD Race Club!
[AC] Ferrari Daytona @ Bridgehampton.jpg

Have you been wanting to participate in races here on Race Department, but haven't been able to since they are usually scheduled to take place during evening hours in Europe and, therefore, in the middle of your school / workday? You’re not alone!

In an effort to make simracing here on RD more accessible to those US, Canada and Latin American timezones we will try running races on Monday Nights starting at 6pm PDT / 8pm CST.

For the first event, we invite you to join us as we head back in time to the Bridgehampton circuit (another superb track by @LilSki) in Long Island, NY to get behind the wheel of some truly classic, and iconic sports cars from the late 60s and early 70s. Each of these beauties has its own very unique handling and performance characteristics, something suitable for a variety of driving styles. Overall lap times, however, are surprisingly close. They don’t make ‘em like this anymore!

Newcomers welcome! We hope you can join us for this inaugural event, so you can discover the fun of racing online with a community of friendly, respectful and like-minded sim racers from all over the globe. This event is also designed to give you an idea of the variety of content and types of racing events available with Assetto Corsa—truly something for everyone.

See you on the track!

This event will be hosted by @dbx71

SITUATIONAL AWARENESS is essential for clean and respectful driving in our community. You should therefore use tools like Helicorsa or CarRadar and CrewChief. The links for these apps are on the bottom of this post.

DISCORD. It's important that you also join us during the event on Discord for additional information and instructions. Link is below.

Go to https://acsm.racedepartment.com/championship/c1a493fe-4ae8-4429-a817-531540933a15?server=5

using the Emperor account you have been given and register with your steamID.

If you don't have an Emperor account yet, ask for one by posting in this thread (only for premium members).

Server information:

Server: Racedepartment Server 6 Password: standard password, if you don't know that, ask for it in this thread and it will be send in a PM.

• 18:00 PDT | 20:00 CDT | 45 minutes - Official Practice
  • 18:45 PDT | 20:45 CDT | 30 minutes - Qualification
  • 19:15 PDT | 21:15 CDT | 2x 25 min Race 1 and 2
  • Practice server available during the week. Same password.
Event details:

Cars:

Useful Links:
Entry list:

https://acsm.racedepartment.com/championship/c1a493fe-4ae8-4429-a817-531540933a15?server=5

Screenshot_ferrari_daytona_competizione_bridgehampton_11-8-123-13-4-14.jpg

Last edited:
I'm in! Should be home by 6:30 if I have work. Will get my practice done before just in case :D
Most excellent! Thank you. Wouldn't be the same without our pacesetter there! Besides, I need your help to truly put these cars through their paces to see if they are really comparable in terms of performance. I believe they are, but it would be good to have someone with WAY more knowledge and skill try them out to be sure :laugh:

Most excellent! Thank you. Wouldn't be the same without our pacesetter there! Besides, I need your help to truly put these cars through their paces to see if they are really comparable in terms of performance. I believe they are, but it would be good to have someone with WAY more knowledge and skill try them out to be sure :laugh:

I tested the Ferrari, porker and panthera before. Porsche and panthera seem well balanced. The Ferrari was alot quicker, but I was testing at Le Mans. It has insane top speed for it's day. Brakes are very much of it's day and it is difficult to handle so I would imagine it's balance will vary from track to track. I don't think it will be overpowered anywhere other than Le mans.

I tested the Ferrari, porker and panthera before. Porsche and panthera seem well balanced. The Ferrari was alot quicker, but I was testing at Le Mans. It has insane top speed for it's day. Brakes are very much of it's day and it is difficult to handle so I would imagine it's balance will vary from track to track. I don't think it will be overpowered anywhere other than Le mans.
I've done a few laps with all of them and here is what I gathered:

The Pantera and Ferrari have higher top speeds, but they are both really difficult to handle. The Pantera especially is tricky to get a handle on and it doesn't love the corners. The Porsche on the other hand, is quite nimble and handles the corners without any trouble, making it the easiest car of the bunch to drive (can't believe I'm saying that about a Porsche). The Cobra is a blast to drive, and is incredibly powerful, but that thing sways all over the place and the rear end brakes loose if you so much as look at the throttle pedal the wrong way. But again, it is a really cool car, and miraculously puts in similar lap times as the others if you can keep it on the track.

At this track, it seems the Ferrari and Pantera top speeds advantages are negated by the time they lose to the Porsche through the corners... They are all fun to drive, very different cars.

That's it, my very amateurish evaluation...:cool:

Just for the hell of it, I ran an offline race using all these cars (5 of each) with AI set to 100%. They were all pulling in solid and consistent 1:41s to the end of 15 laps.

Pantera = 1-41-0.5
it suspension is a mess, runs out of setup options, hence trying to keep it on the the track took 95% of the laps away, crying out for dampers adjustments. needs someone from a galaxy far far away to be lapping reliably in it. ( just as Robert said )

Ferrari 1-39-0.7
Okay , needs better setup options to make more of the car, reasonably easy to drive

Cobra 1-41-0.5
Do -able but still tricky, not enough setup , but sufficient setup enable it to lap consistently,

Porsche 1-39-.0.7
A work of art, very easy to drive, masses of setup options, so I was able to dial it in perfectly, and what few minor errors there were I could have sorted that with time.:)
easy to see why Allan is quick in this car. Even I did not need TC or ABS, a credit to the creator.

"The words and opinions of an old middle of the road simracer.

Pantera = 1-41-0.5
it suspension is a mess, runs out of setup options, hence trying to keep it on the the track took 95% of the laps away, crying out for dampers adjustments. needs someone from a galaxy far far away to be lapping reliably in it. ( just as Robert said )

Ferrari 1-39-0.7
Okay , needs better setup options to make more of the car, reasonably easy to drive

Cobra 1-41-0.5
Do -able but still tricky, not enough setup , but sufficient setup enable it to lap consistently,

Porsche 1-39-.0.7
A work of art, very easy to drive, masses of setup options, so I was able to dial it in perfectly, and what few minor errors there were I could have sorted that with time.:)
easy to see why Allan is quick in this car. Even I did not need TC or ABS, a credit to the creator.

"The words and opinions of an old middle of the road simracer.
expert summary. add about 3 seconds to those times for me and i'm in agreement with your findings. i know most will want to gravitate to the 911. as for me, being a glutton for punishment, and loving the look and feel of the car, i'm gonna try to stick with the daytona.

did you make any suspension changes to the daytona? i just messed with the tire pressures, gearing and i think i bumped up the sway bars one click...

thank you for taking the time to drive the cars and offer your commentary.:coffee: really appreciated!

Had an idea the Pantera was capable of a lot more with a decent driver on board .
I just could not get a setup that controls the suspension properly. So it was always at some point in the lap find a undulation that once it took hold was a guarantee of a slow oversteer. And little “Ol” me was not capable of getting it back.
The Ferrari in the same situation was nearly always a neutral slide with some oversteer that could easily be brought back.
Put the 911 shock absorbers in and the car would be transformed.

I would keep the Porsche, it is not faster for most, and it is a pleasure to drive. ( sound is great too)
Yes, i agree with that. it would be a shame to drop it. thanks for all gents...

do you think i should add the ford gt40 and/or ferrari 330 p4? i think they might be in the same lap time range... make it a true classic race car extravanganza...? or is that too much?:p

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 38 8.6%
  • Monthly

Votes: 20 4.5%
  • Yearly

Votes: 31 7.0%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.7%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.5%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 10 2.3%