AC Special Event for those in US/Canada/Latin American TimezonesCLASSIC SPORTS CARS AT BRIDGEHAMPTON, MONDAY SEP 18

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Still looking for more sign ups for this one! If you're looking to have some fun after a long Monday at work or school, you're welcome to join us. And for those in Europe and beyond, if you can't sleep and wish you could be simracing instead, you're welcome to join us too :D
Cheers!

Ah too bad this is a US race :) I love that Pantera, I will maybe do some laps with it but I don't have a setup for it.
I am not sure there is a setup, spent many fruitless laps trying to get a modest amount of even reasonable stability into the car and failed miserably. There is just not enough damping available to stop the bounce of death and then slow oversteer of death.
Allan seems to have discovered a good setup ? But I have a suspicion it is more to do with his ability and not the setup, who knows.!!!!

I am not sure there is a setup, spent many fruitless laps trying to get a modest amount of even reasonable stability into the car and failed miserably. There is just not enough damping available to stop the bounce of death and then slow oversteer of death.
Allan seems to have discovered a good setup ? But I have a suspicion it is more to do with his ability and not the setup, who knows.!!!!
I did some laps on default setup and 1'39.7 is where I got. Not a perfect lap so some tenths in it for sure. The setup is fine for me, I like a car to drive like this but the gearing options are very limited. Looking at the times I doubt it can compete with the Ferrari.

I did some laps on default setup and 1'39.7 is where I got. Not a perfect lap so some tenths in it for sure. The setup is fine for me, I like a car to drive like this but the gearing options are very limited. Looking at the times I doubt it can compete with the Ferrari.
Allan suggested I use 9/38 gear setting. Not sure if that helps.

Thanks for the tips Dominic, if I would do more laps I'll try it.

Just did some laps in the Ferrari to compare, I was already a second faster than the Pantera in less than 5 laps. Default setup as well.

Last edited:
Thanks Dominic.......one of these days maybe I'll figure out how to not spin :)
thanks for participating bill. hope you had fun. did you use the new wheel? maybe still getting used to it. we'll have to get you set up on discord so you can join the race discussions too.
i know you got that speed demon in there somewhere because a few of the races we did together i could not catch you to save my life.
see you on the next one!

nice one guys. that was actually quite fun. those cars seemed to flow pretty well on that track. looking forward to seeing these monday night events grow!
on to the next one!

Thanks for putting this together Dominic! Really enjoyed the excuse to get to know the cobra more and this track was a great choice for it. Look forward to more monday night events :thumbsup:

Screenshot_ferrari_daytona_competizione_bridgehampton_18-8-123-23-44-31.jpg

Thanks for putting this together Dominic! Really enjoyed the excuse to get to know the cobra more and this track was a great choice for it. Look forward to more monday night events :thumbsup:

View attachment 695654
oooh nice screenshot! so cool. the only thing i don't like about this shot is that i'm all the way in the back..! :cry::D
gotta say, that was fun! it was a pleasure racing with the new monday night crew :cool: and also looking forward to more of this.

thanks again!

Guys,

It's great to read that you had fun.
Can you help Dominic to get bigger grids by notifying friends, family and other simracers you know about these events on a convenient time for them?

Guys
That track and car combo was a blast. Highly recommended. I would be willing to put the event back up for Friday if you guys are indeed interested.
Maybe I can start doing the same event Friday (Europe) and Monday (US) on occasion as interest allows.

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 36 8.3%
  • Monthly

Votes: 20 4.6%
  • Yearly

Votes: 29 6.7%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.7%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.5%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 10 2.3%