stracker

Apps stracker 3.5.1

Login or Register an account to download this content
Hello @Neys

I have a question about the ports for the pTracker connection.

There are 12 ports in stracker.ini that you can use for the pTracker connection. My question is there is also the HTTP port that you have to unlock to access the page and I have always used a port from the ports that is also used for the pTracker connection but so far I can only run 6 acServers on my server, can I use a different port for the HTTP port than one of the specified ports ? and if so which port range can I use the best for it ?

I hope my question is understandable enough :)

Yours sincerely
Stefan

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

Hello @Neys

I have a question about the ports for the pTracker connection.

There are 12 ports in stracker.ini that you can use for the pTracker connection. My question is there is also the HTTP port that you have to unlock to access the page and I have always used a port from the ports that is also used for the pTracker connection but so far I can only run 6 acServers on my server, can I use a different port for the HTTP port than one of the specified ports ? and if so which port range can I use the best for it ?

I hope my question is understandable enough :)

Yours sincerely
Stefan

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)
you can use any unused port for http connections there are no restrictions

Hey NEYS.

We are still trying to figure out why ptracker/stracker is not working properly with A2B tracks. I saw we need to use the A2B tag on those tracks, so we do. Then I saw this in the change log:

"add point-to-point (A2B) track support with special handling for ks_nordschleife-touristenfahrten"

Special handling? Does that mean that A2B only works in nords tourist? IF not, what exactly does ptracker/stracker need to get a valid lap time the first time you drive an A2B track? We can make it work on the second run through, but no one wants to drive for 10 minutes before the time actually counts.

When I add the A2B tag to a hillclimb track, I do get a green light in ptracker so that means it detects the start of the lap and starts the timer. The problem is that the timer doesn't stop at the end, the light stays green and you have to go back to pits. In stracker that run will show up as invalid and this shows up in the log:

{2019-12-26 00:01:08}: stracker[INFO ]Setting lap to unknown bcause of suspicious lap binary blob
{2019-12-26 00:01:08}: stracker[INFO ]Setting first lap to invalid because it is probably an out-lap.
{2019-12-26 00:01:52}: stracker[INFO ]Broadcast message: Player Jonah Hax left the server.

What are we doing wrong???

Hello guys,

Restarting game server is equal to restarting stracker? Because I've changed number of records per page in ini file, restarted server and nothing has changed. Am I doing something wrong?

Hello guys,

Restarting game server is equal to restarting stracker? Because I've changed number of records per page in ini file, restarted server and nothing has changed. Am I doing something wrong?
Sounds like you are doing it right. At least that is how I do it. Maybe your server host does not allow modifications to the file?

Hey NEYS.

We are still trying to figure out why ptracker/stracker is not working properly with A2B tracks. I saw we need to use the A2B tag on those tracks, so we do. Then I saw this in the change log:

"add point-to-point (A2B) track support with special handling for ks_nordschleife-touristenfahrten"

Special handling? Does that mean that A2B only works in nords tourist? IF not, what exactly does ptracker/stracker need to get a valid lap time the first time you drive an A2B track? We can make it work on the second run through, but no one wants to drive for 10 minutes before the time actually counts.

When I add the A2B tag to a hillclimb track, I do get a green light in ptracker so that means it detects the start of the lap and starts the timer. The problem is that the timer doesn't stop at the end, the light stays green and you have to go back to pits. In stracker that run will show up as invalid and this shows up in the log:

{2019-12-26 00:01:08}: stracker[INFO ]Setting lap to unknown bcause of suspicious lap binary blob
{2019-12-26 00:01:08}: stracker[INFO ]Setting first lap to invalid because it is probably an out-lap.
{2019-12-26 00:01:52}: stracker[INFO ]Broadcast message: Player Jonah Hax left the server.
Probably you are doing nothing wrong, but A2B tracks are not properly supported. It might also depend on the mod tracks.

Sounds like you are doing it right. At least that is how I do it. Maybe your server host does not allow modifications to the file?
I don't think so. It's rackservice. Have you got any experience with that site? I've read somewhere, that stracker process is still running, even you restart a server. Maybe that's the problem. I don't know :/

But some A2B tracks works? What is the magic ingredient? Did you do something speciel to stracker/ptracker to make it work for nords tourist?
Nords tourist is even more special because it is an A->B track designed on a lap. Honestly, I don't remember all that stuff anymore. It might depend on the mods, I don't know.

Hey NEYS.

Did you checked the time app from AC? I think the problem is that this track you said has not well done the finish point.
I love doing hill climb and the timings work well.

Can you tell what track is it?

I checked through the source code in stracker and found the bit where NEYS made it work with nords tourist. Unfortunately it only works if the track is actually nords tourist since it checks the track name. All we need now is a coder that can fix stracker and compile a new version, one that hopefully can use a list of tracks as exception so you don't have to make a new version of stracker every time you want a new A2B track to work ;) Shame I wasted my youth playing games instead of learning how to code! :)

NEYS, do you remember what the nsp.Offset is?

That's strange. A friend of mine set up a server with different A2B tracks many times and worked well. The only thing is the time table resets every time the server resets, so if you really want to register the best times, you need to write them in a text file, for example.

if the time table resets, that means your stracker was not working. Also I doubt the timing worked without an outlap first, but if it did, please tell me which track it worked on..

if the time table resets, that means your stracker was not working. Also I doubt the timing worked without an outlap first, but if it did, please tell me which track it worked on..
Stracker is working because it sees the lap times and shows them on the website, otherwise, it doesn't. But in those tracks, it doesn't keep the times recorded. Don't know why, but it happens that way. As I said, we used to have Hillclimb tracks on the server many times and we did screenshots of the web with our best times.

In offline mode, I don't have problems with these tracks. I tried for the first time the Tourist version of Fonteny, the icon turns to green when I cross the start line and the lap time is recorded at the end:

Portapapeles-1.png

Big difference between offline and online though. Offline you are not connected to stracker. And if it doesn't keep the records, maybe they were not counted as valid laps, so you need to let it show invalid laps also.

Latest News

How are you going to watch 24 hours of Le Mans

• On national tv

Votes: 258 33.9%
  • Eurosport app/website

Votes: 209 27.5%
  • WEC app/website

Votes: 143 18.8%
  • Watch party

Votes: 63 8.3%
  • At a friends house

Votes: 18 2.4%