Cars The Need For Speed

I have been wanting this for a couple of years now. This looks like a project I would love to support in any way I can.. Would it be possible to port the tracks? Even with it's low poly graphic it would be such a great experience to drive coastal in Assetto Corsa :D

Well if you care enough to follow @Ben O'Bro steps, you can take it from here and see if there's something you can do:
http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/the-need-for-speed.134193/page-10#post-2463850
That's all we've got on the tracks so far.

I actually sent a few mails to the OpenNFS guy some months back, asking if it was possible to port the tracks. I never got a hold on him
we probably spammed the guy with all our emails by now XD

Other than that, i saw a familiar face this weekend...
IMG_9821.jpg IMG_9827.jpg

we probably spammed the guy with all our emails by now XD

Other than that, i saw a familiar face this weekend...
View attachment 196285 View attachment 196286

Yeah :) I'd use some of my free time on this, but I'm not familiar on how track conversion works. Do you have a quick tip on how to get started, and where to get the required files? I can manage to figure out how to use programs myself, but I'd like to know what programs to use, and what to use them for :)

EDIT: I have a tip for traffic. We can do the same as the guy with the Highlands AI Traffic mod, where we create point A and point B, and the cars just drives back and forth. But that would have to be the finishing touch :)

Nice way to bring up a thread :D been there too not long ago, wish I had more time to play games but most of my PC time I'm on 3dsmax. Not on the 512 yet, but as soon as I get the chance will get it started, can't wait myself, but there's the "need to make a living" first :rolleyes:

Nice way to bring up a thread :D been there too not long ago, wish I had more time to play games but most of my PC time I'm on 3dsmax. Not on the 512 yet, but as soon as I get the chance will get it started, can't wait myself, but there's the "need to make a living" first :rolleyes:

You should win the lottery, we'd all be much happier then :D.

I know the feeling mate, feels like I'm walking along 23km with my virtual shovel sculpting the landscape getting it ready for your 512 to blast down... It's slow work... But I can already tell that the difference will be night and day ;)

Keep up the great work, same goes to @aphidgod
I'm really looking forward to seeing the 512 WIP shots...
whenever you get time to work on it... It's going to be epic like the Lambo!

In an ideal world, we would all be able to do what we love for a living. I must admit that since I've decided to fully commit to 3D cars again about a year ago, I'm doing well for myself and my family, and very close to "living the dream", but still AC is only a small part of it, got some money coming from certain projects, but it doesn't take 100% of my work time as I have more profitable assets to produce outside the scene.

In order to fully commit to AC modding (cars and maybe tracks) I would need to make a living out of it, but I know this community won't support it, and most likely I'll get buried alive for doing something like that (then I'll have to hear about license and ****, that modding should be for free, and crap like that).

In a perfect world, I would start a Patreon campaign, offer 1 car a month, with monthly subscriptions from $1 to $3 USD, offering early access to the supporters and exclusive stuff like that.
In the end, it'll only take at least 1500 supporters (paying only $1 to $3 a month) to make a decent salary that it'll allow me to dedicate most if not all my time to doing AC mods, that they all be available for free to the community.

Anyway, back to reality :geek:

Good to know you're doing well for yourself mate :) That's the main thing. :thumbsup:
If only we lived in an ideal world... I would put some advertising billboards in my tracks and have a word with Nvidia, Logitech or someone...
Seeing as we don't live in a perfect world... I'd probably get sponsored by some laxatives company or some sh** like that! (pun intended) :laugh:

H
In an ideal world, we would all be able to do what we love for a living. I must admit that since I've decided to fully commit to 3D cars again about a year ago, I'm doing well for myself and my family, and very close to "living the dream", but still AC is only a small part of it, got some money coming from certain projects, but it doesn't take 100% of my work time as I have more profitable assets to produce outside the scene.

In order to fully commit to AC modding (cars and maybe tracks) I would need to make a living out of it, but I know this community won't support it, and most likely I'll get buried alive for doing something like that (then I'll have to hear about license and ****, that modding should be for free, and crap like that).

In a perfect world, I would start a Patreon campaign, offer 1 car a month, with monthly subscriptions from $1 to $3 USD, offering early access to the supporters and exclusive stuff like that.
In the end, it'll only take at least 1500 supporters (paying only $1 to $3 a month) to make a decent salary that it'll allow me to dedicate most if not all my time to doing AC mods, that they all be available for free to the community.

Anyway, back to reality :geek:

Hello my Friend,

You now only require 1 498 supporters, you count me in.

I enjoy and appreciate your work very much especially when you modding Honda's.................

But sure this is always our struggle in life, making a living or doing what we love, and combining both brings happiness.

Good luck with your projects, and with your talent you will be successful, I am sure of that,

Take care,

Etienne

Latest News

What would be the ideal raceday for you to join our Club Races?

• Monday

Votes: 32 16.3%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 26 13.3%
  • Wednesday

Votes: 28 14.3%
  • Thursday

Votes: 27 13.8%
  • Friday

Votes: 69 35.2%
  • Saturday

Votes: 110 56.1%