Tracks Twin Ring Motegi [WIP]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Walls around the track - the ones I was talking you about, so you wont get other ideas ;)
For those who don`t know, AC has a reserved word WALL which represents boundary of the track, so you don`t fall off the world :)
- purple: GP layout
- green: oval layout

motegi_8_5_walls.jpg

Just an FYI about walls on an oval. If the banking is steep enough and the wall remains 90 degrees to the road surface it can create a hole in the track surface. The fix is the wall object that is physical should be closer to vertical and not follow the road surface angle. I cover the issue in my last track building video.

I mention it around the 18 min mark.

Just an FYI about walls on an oval. If the banking is steep enough and the wall remains 90 degrees to the road surface it can create a hole in the track surface. The fix is the wall object that is physical should be closer to vertical and not follow the road surface angle. I cover the issue in my last track building video.

I mention it around the 18 min mark.
The banking is not that steep here, so I left it in vertical. Will check and try it out how it works.
Thx for bringing this up mate.

Now, what makes us anticipate this release even more--Chivas Autoart have just released updated 2019 Super GT500 cars, and they're really good. I'm testing them on Suzuka and Okyama, but I keep thinking about what it'll be like to lap them around Twin Ring Motegi... hopefully soon.

Last edited:
Ok, here is the thing and I`ll say it simply. And this is how we decided:

The track will be released under the URD (United Racing Design) modding group, and will be a paid mod.
And since we haven`t been able to get any official license because it`s simply too pricey, we have to release it under a fictional name, including all names, commercial banners on track site as well. The track will is called Tochigi Racing Ring.
Final release will include 2 layouts, GP and oval.
Currently is still in the final optimization, specially for the use of Custom Shader Patch of Content Manager.
ps: all official banners and stuff will be released here on rd soon after release.

I know it comes as a surprise, but like many things in life.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 4 5.8%
  • Monthly

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • Yearly

Votes: 5 7.2%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 0 0.0%