Answered your own argument there. No one wins world championships by driving like that. He needs to get his act together.

As some people seem to use a certain Senna quote to absolve Max's actions, here's another, less used quote: You need to know when to give everything you've got, and you need to know when to hold everything you've got. That's how one wins championships.
Couldn’t agree more

There are various categories of driver, Careful, technical, aggressive, natural, and dickhead, personally I think he falls into the last category :p
Put it this way IF he raced like that all the time on RaceDept servers he'd be banned by now.

Its not his fault... :p he has his dads genes unfortunately. His dad crashed into Montoya (while being lapped) at Brazil as a backmarker while Montoya was leading and on the way to win his first race.

No one seems to be asking if Gasley is dangerous. Perhaps it's because of his P4 last week. Both incidents (GAS v HAR & VER v VET) were almost identical. Late breaking driver gets caught locking up the wheels and bumping another. One of these incidents caused the SC and a 10 sec penalty. The other shuffled the order a bit and resulted in a 10 sec penalty. I personally thought both were "racing incidents" and didn't deserve a penalty for anyone. And frankly neither of them were "dive bombs".

I don´t really remember what he said on the team radio on the first lap after jumping 2 cars, something in the likes of "thats how its done suckers"...

Karma, I luv you.

No one seems to be asking if Gasley is dangerous. Perhaps it's because of his P4 last week. Both incidents (GAS v HAR & VER v VET) were almost identical. Late breaking driver gets caught locking up the wheels and bumping another. One of these incidents caused the SC and a 10 sec penalty. The other shuffled the order a bit and resulted in a 10 sec penalty. I personally thought both were "racing incidents" and didn't deserve a penalty for anyone. And frankly neither of them were "dive bombs".
Maybe, but just maybe, nobody is talking about it because it was the first time Gasly produced a crash/a dangerous situation for another car...

I really can't say that the Kid isn't the fast and have no talent but wish he could think before he act, race is long only 3 laps - when I play it on my PC. :rolleyes:

I know he said that he didn't do anything wrong and that he doesn't have the reason to change anything (just like Marquez said in MotoGP) but he (they both) actually does. It would be in his best interest.
And if this isn't a compliment:x3: then I don't know what is - he kinda reminds me of Senna. Win or nothing.
It does look bloody spectacular when he does it (he's FIRST RedBull race, anyone!?) and when he doesn't ...it just look plain ugly.
Plus, it interfere with World Championship. If he could calm himself down... he could actually participate in WC, not just to keep crashing in two WC leaders. :D
Trust me, it's would be much more fun Max ! :)

Last edited:
Wishful thinking?
Perhaps, it's time for Christian and Max to sit down and have 'lunch' with one of my favorite drivers of yesteryear...The Professor... to talk about patience.
I know Prost is a consultant to the Renault team, but he...in my opinion, was one of the smartest drivers who ever graced an F1 cockpit.
Very patient and always capitalizing when the opportunity presented itself.
Max needs a good 'calming'.
He wants to get on with it and make a name for himself racing the likes of Hamilton, Vettel, Raikkonen, but he has to understand when to say 'when' and not push an impossible position.

Popcorn *check*
Beer *check*

So enjoyable to see people being so obsessed with Verstappen. Forgetting the fact that this was the very first real entertaining race this year. Exiting through the whole field!

One can blantantly shout “if he raced on RD...”, remember there is a big difference. They drive the real world shizzle while we are nothing more than noobs with an opinion who are mainly basement/attic simrace/keyboard warriors. And to explain the noob side: who on RD does have actually proper experience within Formula 1. As in every raceweekend actively involved in on track in a team, wether technical or tactical. Just saying... ;)

We’ll debate to the end of times nagging about everything while all the drivers are only looking forward to the next race sipping from their cup of zero f&*@s given. :p

yes i'm dutch, but i'm going to throw in an unbiased view:
the kid has talent, and is brilliant most of the time. only to ruin that brilliance by messing up himself (looking at you monaco 2015). mexico last year proved that when he controls a race he's in a league of his own, but too many times he wants to rush it. normally i would get on the edge of my seat if verstappen approached a hamilton or vettel, because i knew it was going to be an exciting battle, today i was on the edge of my seat as well, but this time fearing he was going to lose his front wing again on someone's car.
calling him dangerous goes too far imo, all these people that say he only takes other drivers out really need to look at the statistics, as there are just a few occasions were a battle between him and someone else resulted in a crash/dnf (hungary 2017, monaco 2015, spa 2016, melbourne 2015). I don't know what is wrong with him this year, but in my view he's way too eager to move up the field, tries to rush it and screw himself and others in the process. Dangerous? no. but he really needs to learn to be patient and starts planning his moves, as the all or nothing approach doesn't work anymore

Now 2 incidents and suddenly he can't cope with F1, don't let me laugh overhere with all these we know it all! The year is still long and will get there, there is no greater talent for the near future, so if you want to comment do it with reason and not all that! Yes Iam dutch, give this youngster some credit!

Youre right! All Vettel an Hamilton fans.. the scared because he is treatens from the beginning the kingdom of those guys.. let me say all criticism of Max when he takes a fault he gets all frightened fans about him. Max is young. I tell you he us learning from his fault special today. Youre going to see it ;):thumbsup:

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 54 9.3%
  • Monthly

Votes: 28 4.8%
  • Yearly

Votes: 35 6.0%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.3%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 13 2.2%