They are not in traffic, and be polite "after you". Why not appriciate great racing, overhere you all are talking about rules, rules are for the stewards, I am for the racing.:p
I do appreciate great racing. However, I doubt if you would've said the same thing if Leclerc did it to Verstappen.

I do appreciate great racing. However, I doubt if you would've said the same thing if Leclerc did it to Verstappen.
Yes I would, because there's nothing wrong with this overtaking, may the best win!
That's the problem overhere, some don't like Max, well then you are at the wrong place, there are dating sites for!:p

Yes I would, because there's nothing wrong with this overtaking, may the best win!
That's the problem overhere, some don't like Max, well then you are at the wrong place, there are dating sites for!:p
I wonder why Verstappen always needs every hands and feet to make a pass.
Leclerc, Norris, Russell and the other youngsters can race clean, but Verstappen can't. It has nothing to do with liking somebody or not, it has to do with someone's mindset. Verstappen is already in F1 for 5 years and still acts like a rookie sometimes. That's something to work on although he should've already learned by now. Somehow he keeps confirming his crashing reputation.

Last edited:
nice pass but the obligatory push you out of the track (so that your opponent lose any advantage) is not that fair (maybe it must be done because of the limited wheel rotation?)
Nothing against Max....He’s the new blood and the future.
(Seems like F1 needs shorter track to get some action going on)

I like Max a lot, it's one of my favorites drivers, and I still don't think it was fair. Leclerc was pushed to out of the track. But apart of that, these are the races that a F1 fan want to see :) .

I wanted to see Leclerc get his maiden win and I'm not a fan of Max's for sure. But as young as both these drivers are they are very slick and very good at what they do. Max knew what he had to do....time was running out. Good stuff.

It's a hard one, I think Verstappens move was against the rules, he didn't leave room for the other car, pushed it off the track and that's how he got the place. He's just lucky the stewerts were still sore from having their arses reddened over Vettels penalty. Vettels punishment seems harsh in comparison and the whole championship was ruined with that decision. I was delighted to see Max win though. So I'm torn.

It must be really hard to know where to draw the line, there's the fairness of sport vs the spectacle of racing vs keeping your customers happy. They need to come up with some more reliable way of implementing the rules.

But something I'd like to see across the board in sport and the wider entertainment industry is to stop pandering to fans. Let it be guided by the sport aspect not the money. Pandering to fans just cheapens and destroys what makes it enjoyable in the first place.

I wasn't surprised to see the way that Verstappen's 'overtake' turned out. Time and time again he has used brute force to make a pass, in the absence of genuine skill.

At least now we know what is acceptable and what is not, and we can all look forward to other drivers forcing their way through and pushing their competitors off the track when they have the fastest car but not the fastest brain to back it up.

I wasn't surprised to see the way that Verstappen's 'overtake' turned out. Time and time again he has used brute force to make a pass, in the absence of genuine skill.

At least now we know what is acceptable and what is not, and we can all look forward to other drivers forcing their way through and pushing their competitors off the track when they have the fastest car but not the fastest brain to back it up.
So his overtaking was brute force?:laugh::laugh::laugh: Old ladys forum!

Thats racing. Max was in front of charles he defence his line.

No. Because VER was attacking, he started the engagement from behind LEC. The rule you refer to is when you are defending, when you are in front already... then you have the right to make the race line as you please.

The sporting regulations are pretty clear. You are only kidding yourself if think VER made a clean pass. As pointed out by others had it been LEC forcing VER off track you would be singing a different tune.

If you read up on some of the follow up justification by the stewards. Its a pretty weak ruling. It was political, I wonder if Liberty were involved. Lots of questions remain, that said its history now and life goes on.

LeClerc left enough room for 2 F1 cars to go up the inside, that's his fault. You cannot concede space like that then look for stewards to rule in your favor because you lost the corner.

Why did he feel the need to go offline? Why not make MAX go outside?

LeClerc left enough room for 2 F1 cars to go up the inside, that's his fault. You cannot concede space like that then look for stewards to rule in your favor because you lost the corner.

Why did he feel the need to go offline? Why not make MAX go outside?
Because the Ferrari was faster with a wide line, keeping momentum. Leclerc knows the rules so he knew that going for the inside would end up with verstappen overtaking him on the outside.
Now that leclerc knows that this would be no problem, since he now can just push the other car out, it will be be different the next time.

Although I bet that when the situation will be the same but swapped and when there's such a massive orange crowd again, leclerc will get the penalty.

I'm highly disliking these time penalties hours after the finish though.
The only penalty that would've been bad for the sport would've been to immediately make a decision and tell Max to give the place back.
That way he still would've had 2 laps to overtake cleanly.
I'm sure if Max would've overtaken fair and beat Charles on the track, they would've had a nice champagne shower together.
This way leclerc received a punch in the face. No nice celebration at all...
And the answer will probably be a punch back. Sad to see.

A 5s penalty, stealing the win from Max 3 hours later would've been stupid too.

Max should have left more space for lecrec on the exit, but it was purely racing incident, and very small one. I'd say it is not worth a penalty, especially with all those tarmac runoffs and because it was clearly 50/50 situation when either one of them should have backed off...

But seriously whats wrong with F1 ? Seems like the only way racing is happening now is when drivers get on the very edge, and then everyone is getting mad about penalties, because real racing became unusual I guess. The age of penalties lol

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 36 8.7%
  • Monthly

Votes: 19 4.6%
  • Yearly

Votes: 29 7.0%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.7%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.5%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 10 2.4%