The rear lights look a ton better. The "light on" texture is way too washed out for me, though. Yes, if it's dark and I take a photo with them on and a long exposure they will appear bright purple-ish maybe, but look at this:
View attachment 185665
I like that a lot better :)

And yeah sorry, I'm not used to being in first place in a race, so I will have to look at those quite a lot :D

ehe, i know it's quite far from real light behavior, the whole object shines, but Assetto doesn't use emissive maps to be more accurate :/ i thought of using an alpha map in a layer above the light, letting the light through only the shape i want, that could do the trick ?

Yeah I was thinking the same kind of approach. Never done any car lights so I wouldn't know if that works. But I know the starting lights on tracks are just as much of a hassle to get right..

ehe, i know it's quite far from real light behavior, the whole object shines, but Assetto doesn't use emissive maps to be more accurate :/ i thought of using an alpha map in a layer above the light, letting the light through only the shape i want, that could do the trick ?

Yes, an alpha layer could do the trick, it's a bit tricky to get the right result, but well worth it if you want that extra bit of realism.

You know who got impatient again and started messing around with the wrong version... instead of working those lights!
i actually found the solution, see below, no lights!

7mod_skin_jp.gif

Last edited:
Come on dude, release it :D
Sadly the physics are not extrapolated automatically by AC from the graphics model. Neither is the model 100% accurate that's why Ben went and measured a 1600cc version to get the suspension better for physics. The aim is to have live axle (doable), dedion (AC is bugged and doesn't support it so I gotta hack around it), two variants for front suspension (old and new chassis).
The rest I'm collecting from pictures, correcting perspective, checking with what real data possible to acquire be it from leaked PDFs of various Caterham designs or service manuals as well as Caterham user forums.
Half my time spent is making tools and calculating stuff, some things exist but the suspension tools really do not and the little that do are in 2D approximations which can be far off for some suspension designs (DWB). An example: in AC everything is connected to CG when it comes to locations so moving CG locations changes many other parameters, you can try and do a realignment every time you need to change something but I find it easier to have the new values automatically calculated = align once, do as many changes as needed relatively easily, a lot of things are interdependent and later adjustment of something often changes an already established alignment or characteristic elsewhere and I keep finding adding these. For suspensions there really aren't many free tools, there are some approximations in 2D, correctly done or not I don't know, 2D works OK for live axle to a certain degree but the rest benefits from calculations in 3D which you can do with not so cheap programs or DIY.
Caterham likes to lie in their official specifications about weight, wheelbase, ... takes time to resolve discrepancies as well. Some are easy such as having a PDF with corner weights of a real Caterham with fuel amount in tank noted and other weights for all data shown. Other not.
  1. measure and collect (25% time)
  2. tools (50%)
  3. design and make it work in AC (25%)
Which is faster for Kunos or some modding studios that make content regularly for games. 1) access to real car, 2) paid tools, 3) indepth knowledge of how the target system works what it can do and cannot do with option to add and fix things.

rFactor for example has quite a few tools for modding, I guess some free some are paid too. AC I don't know about any beyond the few excel files none of which aim in suspension geometry design.

Right now I'm reworking toe calculation so I can include it in all other applicable measurements and can move to the missing ones and make a 3D calculation for DWB pitch geometry. And if feasible add parameters that I can compare with real data.

Anyone know how to setup asymmetric weights in AC let me know, such as LF/RF 145/155kg, LR/RR 165/155kg, I can't find any support for it in AC. As such L/R is symmetric and only F/R is supported, AC limited to F/R and total weight it seems.

Unless you want it to be generic suspensions, in that case it can be hacked together in a day kinda.

Trying ;)
Gotta :sleep: sometime too.

You know who got impatient again and started messing around with the wrong version... instead of working those lights!
i actually found the solution, see below, no lights!

7mod_skin_jp.gif

Impressive :cool: Didn't play with skins at all but want to check that chrome option out badly XD
Are tyres from the 420R Caterham photoshoot pack? The tyres in it are new barely if at all driven, quite shiny especially fronts. But it's the highest resolution of the ZZRs I know of, 1500x500px front tyre front view.

Jesus, yet more previews.Some people just create a mod and release it. Others spend months drip feeding previews in an attempt to create some interest. And then there is you. Any initial interest in this Caterham has dissolved by now, following preview number 3,210. It's a Caterham. A very slow project car for the middle-aged man. The RSS team released the 2017 F1 car with less of a fanfare.

AND we already have a Caterham, and no one uses it.

• Deleted member 223075

Sadly the physics are not extrapolated automatically by AC from the graphics model. Neither is the model 100% accurate that's why Ben went and measured a 1600cc version to get the suspension better for physics. The aim is to have live axle (doable), dedion (AC is bugged and doesn't support it so I gotta hack around it), two variants for front suspension (old and new chassis).
The rest I'm collecting from pictures, correcting perspective, checking with what real data possible to acquire be it from leaked PDFs of various Caterham designs or service manuals as well as Caterham user forums.
Half my time spent is making tools and calculating stuff, some things exist but the suspension tools really do not and the little that do are in 2D approximations which can be far off for some suspension designs (DWB). An example: in AC everything is connected to CG when it comes to locations so moving CG locations changes many other parameters, you can try and do a realignment every time you need to change something but I find it easier to have the new values automatically calculated = align once, do as many changes as needed relatively easily, a lot of things are interdependent and later adjustment of something often changes an already established alignment or characteristic elsewhere and I keep finding adding these. For suspensions there really aren't many free tools, there are some approximations in 2D, correctly done or not I don't know, 2D works OK for live axle to a certain degree but the rest benefits from calculations in 3D which you can do with not so cheap programs or DIY.
Caterham likes to lie in their official specifications about weight, wheelbase, ... takes time to resolve discrepancies as well. Some are easy such as having a PDF with corner weights of a real Caterham with fuel amount in tank noted and other weights for all data shown. Other not.
  1. measure and collect (25% time)
  2. tools (50%)
  3. design and make it work in AC (25%)
Which is faster for Kunos or some modding studios that make content regularly for games. 1) access to real car, 2) paid tools, 3) indepth knowledge of how the target system works what it can do and cannot do with option to add and fix things.

rFactor for example has quite a few tools for modding, I guess some free some are paid too. AC I don't know about any beyond the few excel files none of which aim in suspension geometry design.

Right now I'm reworking toe calculation so I can include it in all other applicable measurements and can move to the missing ones and make a 3D calculation for DWB pitch geometry. And if feasible add parameters that I can compare with real data.

Anyone know how to setup asymmetric weights in AC let me know, such as LF/RF 145/155kg, LR/RR 165/155kg, I can't find any support for it in AC. As such L/R is symmetric and only F/R is supported, AC limited to F/R and total weight it seems.

Unless you want it to be generic suspensions, in that case it can be hacked together in a day kinda.

Trying ;)
Gotta :sleep: sometime too.

Impressive :cool: Didn't play with skins at all but want to check that chrome option out badly XD
Are tyres from the 420R Caterham photoshoot pack? The tyres in it are new barely if at all driven, quite shiny especially fronts. But it's the highest resolution of the ZZRs I know of, 1500x500px front tyre front view.

Sorry but I did not read anything. What I scored was rather ironic because of the apparent quality of the car and the desire to test it once finished. Nothing more

Jesus, yet more previews.Some people just create a mod and release it. Others spend months drip feeding previews in an attempt to create some interest. And then there is you. Any initial interest in this Caterham has dissolved by now, following preview number 3,210. It's a Caterham. A very slow project car for the middle-aged man. The RSS team released the 2017 F1 car with less of a fanfare.

AND we already have a Caterham, and no one uses it.

We get it, you're a miserable bastard. No need to plaster it in every mod thread...

Seriously, criticism is great, it helps improve the end product, but nothing you've said is in any way constructive. Frankly its just demoralising.

Sure, he could have released it in a rush like many others do (my mower for example), and will be ****. OR, he could spend a lot of time and effort making sure its done right. And whats the problem with keeping those who are interested (not you, obviously) updated?

And we already know that you clearly have no interest in this project at all (which is completely fine, you don't have to), so why are you even bother looking at this thread? Now surely that's a "waste of time"...

No one listens to what I'm blabbing about. We currently have people modelling a van, a lawn mower and a caterham kit car. What does that say about Assetto Corsa players? That they are all morons? Probably.

That's the spirit, everyone with opinions differing from you are morons!

OR we just like a bit of a laugh! Not everything has to be the fastest, most hardcore racing car.

Variety, its good. You should try it.

We get it, you're a miserable bastard. No need to plaster it in every mod thread...

Seriously, criticism is great, it helps improve the end product, but nothing you've said is in any way constructive. Frankly its just demoralising.

Sure, he could have released it in a rush like many others do (my mower for example), and will be ****. OR, he could spend a lot of time and effort making sure its done right. And whats the problem with keeping those who are interested (not you, obviously) updated?

And we already know that you clearly have no interest in this project at all (which is completely fine, you don't have to), so why are you even bother looking at this thread? Now surely that's a "waste of time"...

Mod edit not needed

Last edited by a moderator:

Mod edit not needed

Last edited by a moderator:
I, and many others very much have an interest in this one, as we either love caterhams, or just want some more top quality cars in AC.

I've been part of creating huge mods before, with untold months of work going into modelling, mapping and texturing even a single car, so I don't care if this never turns up until christmas. It's going to be great whenever it arrives - and that'll be when it's good and ready :)

Troll, begone.

Latest News

What does easier access mean to you?

• Free access

Votes: 103 71.0%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 37 25.5%
  • Better structured forum

Votes: 28 19.3%
  • Standard game content

Votes: 30 20.7%
  • No 3pa registration pages