WRC4 WRC 4 The Game

Bram Hengeveld

Site Founder
OverTake
Premium
On the iOpener website there is a very interesting article about an upcoming World Rally Championship simulator:

World Rally Championship's next game: Racing live against rally heroes

The next generation WRC computer game will allow players to 'compete' in live rallies", states ISC chairman Neil Duncanson in the April version of SportBusiness International magazine. ISC, the global promoter of the World Rally Championship (WRC), mentions WRC's ultimate goal as building up an online gaming world championship alongside the real thing.
ISC and the computer gaming industry believe the next step in gaming is this 'live' competition between gamers and real drivers, made possible through iOpener's patented technology.
ISC CEO Simon Long says: "Now we are a global promoter, we want this to be multi-platform, multi-publisher, multi-territory."
For Long and Duncanson the new game is part of WRC's broader efforts to appeal new fans beyond the hardcore enthusiastics. FIA's chairman Max Mosley has said the virtual champion will be honoured at the WRC's annual end-of-season awards ceremony in Monaco.

Source: iOpener Media

Last April we already brought you the first news about iOpener Media's beta testers recruitment for their Real Time Racing project.

The news about this technology where virtual racers can compete against the real drivers on the track in real time is now spreading amoung the simracing communities.

iOpener is still looking for the worlds best simracers to join their beta test program that's about to start soon. If you are interested in joining then you can sign up on the RTR website

Attachments

• sportbusinessinternational.jpg
    sportbusinessinternational.jpg
    148.9 KB · Views: 637
i dont like to say that but try to download full version if everything works... dont buy it if you dont have 100% sure of compatibility, then enjoy the whole online etc. support :)

i couldn`t get my wheel to work in the demo either, so having to download the pirate version to try it out. if its as good as Dirt2 then i`ll buy it. but from what i`ve read so far i dout it will be.

lol, i'm your legal family guy, wouldn't even begin to know how to download a pirated version. i asked their customer support for the wheel compatability, also I will simply wait fro the price to drop, which will happen very soon i figure. thx for the advice, though.

Available now the Title Update for XBox 360 version of WRC FIA World Rally Championship, which correct some of the problems and improve the game experience.
After this important update the on-line ranking will restart completely.

• Fixed Ghost color when playing online: All ghost opponents have a different color during a multiplayer race.
  • Fixed anticipated pacenotes: When pacenotes are anticipate in the option menu, the co-pilote is not anticipating checkpoint results anymore.
  • Fixed wrong ghost upload/download: It is now impossible to upload or download a ghost for the wrong track.
  • Fanatec Wheel support improvements.
  • Fixed "unable to create new data" after accepting game invitation: The title handles multiple invitations while continuing playing without causing any negative effect.
  • Fixed Online / Leaderboards: Loading is now timed out when there is no connection.
  • No more crash after pressing start when warning message appears.
  • Fixed the issue regarding the user was not transferred to the multiplayer lobby after accepting a game invite.
  • Fixed the issue regarding rich presence which was not updated upon completing a single rally.
  • Fixed Leaderboards view corruption.
  • Fixed "Damage Indicator" showing incorrect information after finishing and restarting a race.
  • Fixed "Stage Victory Best Streak" and "No Damage Stage Streak" statistics malfunction with championship.

+ pc Patch

Changelog
-Escape from main menu
-Dbox Support
-Arrows always visible in the keyboard menu
-Focus on the selected joypad in keyboard menu
-Fix Ghost color online
-Fix anticipated pacenotes
-Fix wrong ghost upload/download
-Fanatec Wheel support
-Fix Online / Leaderboards – Loading not timed out when there is no connection
-Fix crash after pressing start on warning message
-Fix Leaderboards view corruption
–Fix Launcher PC list all Resolutions
-After finishing and restarting a race ‘Damage Indicator’ shows incorrect information
-”Stage Victory Best Steak” and “No Damage Stage Streak” statistics malfunction with championship

After spending some time with the demo, it's going to be a no for me. I have to compare it to Dirt 2, and I enjoy that game more, even without being completely rally.

It really doesn't hold a candle to RBR for me, and there are too many (better) arcade drivers in the space it is competing in...

wrc 2010 patch for pc 1.01
Edit ... just downloaded patch and my virus scanner went crazy sorry the link came from http://www.virtualr.net/category/other-sims/ thought this was a good download and safe

im useing AVG and it says the file is a win 32 Heur.dropper ... after looking it up on google its says its a avg problem (AVG is not very good) any ideas or advise....
edit
ok.. i downloaded on my laptop which has Norton on it. No problems at all.. also did a scan all is ok i moved it across to my tower and installed ...... the patch is goood i like this game aliitle more it feel s like theve tweeked a few more things awell ffb seem alot better and the car control is smoother and a bit more controlerble, ie less of the whippy out of control ... A patch that works, well i never...

just got an answer from their customer support:

Dear customer, unfortunately your wheel is not compatible with the game. We plan an update to improve the number of compatible devices, news coming soon.
For other issues, a new patch is just been released. Patches FIA World Rally Championship (WRC) 2010 from version 1.0 to version 1.0.1. http://www.wrcthegame.com/EN-us/download.html v1.0.1 Patch Changelog: - Escape from main menu - Dbox Support - Arrows always visible in the keyboard menu - Focus on the selected joypad in keyboard menu - Fix Ghost color online - Fix anticipated pacenotes - Fix wrong ghost upload/download - Fanatec Wheel support - Fix Online / Leaderboards - Loading not timed out when there is no connection - Fix crash after pressing start on warning message - Fix Leaderboards view corruption - Fix Launcher PC list all Resolutions - After finishing and restarting a race Damage Indicator shows incorrect information - "Stage Victory Best Streak" and "No Damage Stage Streak" statistics malfunction with championship.
We are really sorry for the inconveneince.
Thanks Best regards

Game: WRC

Patch: Update for PC available

inquiring about compatibility with my wheel, black bean sent me the following patch log, which - I figure - applies to the PC version of the game. Shout if I am wrong:

a new patch is just been released.
Patches FIA World Rally Championship (WRC) 2010 from version 1.0 to version 1.0.1.

Click here to download the patch for PC

v1.0.1 Patch Changelog:

- Escape from main menu
- Dbox Support
- Arrows always visible in the keyboard menu
- Focus on the selected joypad in keyboard menu
- Fix Ghost color online
- Fix anticipated pacenotes
- Fix wrong ghost upload/download
- Fanatec Wheel support
- Fix Online / Leaderboards - Loading not timed out when there is no connection
- Fix crash after pressing start on warning message
- Fix Leaderboards view corruption
- Fix Launcher PC list all Resolutions
- After finishing and restarting a race Damage Indicator shows incorrect information
- "Stage Victory Best Streak" and "No Damage Stage Streak" statistics malfunction with championship.

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 54 9.4%
  • Monthly

Votes: 28 4.9%
  • Yearly

Votes: 35 6.1%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.3%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 13 2.3%