Misc 

• Thread starter Deleted member 147278
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Deleted member 147278

How do you unretire in driver career ?
Ya know what's funny, that might have been a oversight from me when I first added the un-retire script... Since there is no driver market in driver career.
So outside of just transferring the driver back into a team through the regular script, there is no way to 'un-retire' them.

I do want to add a side note that even tho, the un-retire script is called so, I'm still not fully sure if it sets the right flags for the driver to be visible for contract negotiations for the AI teams. So in its current state it might not even matter that you can't un-retire a driver career drivers. I just know it makes that driver visible on the market for the player in MyTeam.

Ya know what's funny, that might have been a oversight from me when I first added the un-retire script... Since there is no driver market in driver career.
So outside of just transferring the driver back into a team through the regular script, there is no way to 'un-retire' them.

I do want to add a side note that even tho, the un-retire script is called so, I'm still not fully sure if it sets the right flags for the driver to be visible for contract negotiations for the AI teams. So in its current state it might not even matter that you can't un-retire a driver career drivers. I just know it makes that driver visible on the market for the player in MyTeam.
when for example vettel retires I can't see him in the script in driver career am I blind and doing smthing wrong ?

• Deleted member 147278

when for example vettel retires I can't see him in the script in driver career am I blind and doing smthing wrong ?
Oh, I guess I misunderstood the initial question.
Even when he retired he should still be in the transfer script whenever trying to transfer a driver into any teams seat.
What about DriverID swap dropdown list once you enable advanced options, does he appear there ? If yes, then the game handles Driver career way differently than MyTeam, and I might have to add it to the pile of things to investigate and fix...

Oh, I guess I misunderstood the initial question.
Even when he retired he should still be in the transfer script whenever trying to transfer a driver into any teams seat.
What about DriverID swap dropdown list once you enable advanced options, does he appear there ? If yes, then the game handles Driver career way differently than MyTeam, and I might have to add it to the pile of things to investigate and fix...
will try

I don't know why, but the F2 2022 driver and deleted driver acclaim started to improve.
2022driver.jpg

I finished the race with resumed data in Mid Save. Is it possible that this is the cause?
However, they are still taunted as reserve drivers every time from development engineer at Career Hub.

Oh one more question regarding the same matter. So when the icon was kicked out, does the game simply replace him with the original driver that the icon replaced, or do they sign whatever drivers the same way how the driver market naturally works?
Also, AI ignored the transfer off setting. The following happened during the contract renewal period:
AlphaTauri: De Vries (Deleted Driver) ⇒ Fired & contracted with Schwartzmann (F2 2021 driver)
Haas: Hülkenberg (Icon Driver) ⇒ Fired & No contract with anyone! (probably a reported game bug)
Williams: : Sargeant (F2 2022 Driver) ⇒ Not dismissed!

Acclaim's improvement and such are unknown, but I was surprised that the AI team didn't fired F2 2022 Driver.
However, 2023MOD seems to require this MOD every time the contract is renewed.

Also, AI ignored the transfer off setting. The following happened during the contract renewal period:
AlphaTauri: De Vries (Deleted Driver) ⇒ Fired & contracted with Schwartzmann (F2 2021 driver)
Haas: Hülkenberg (Icon Driver) ⇒ Fired & No contract with anyone! (probably a reported game bug)

Acclaim's improvement and such are unknown, but I was surprised that the AI team didn't fired F2 2022 Driver.
Hold on, contract negotiations of AI teams with F2 2022 drivers worked like the vanilla drivers?? I haven't test it out myself because I assumed they would be like the Icon/deleted drivers...damn, this would really opens up things for my playthrough if it's true!

Does Crofty announces those drivers' name on the grid like normal though?

Hold on, contract negotiations of AI teams with F2 2022 drivers worked like the vanilla drivers?? I haven't test it out myself because I assumed they would be like the Icon/deleted drivers...damn, this would really opens up things for my playthrough if it's true!

Does Crofty announces those drivers' name on the grid like normal though?
Since I have only played half a year including the F2 2022 drivers,
I don't know if the AI will sign the F2 2022 driver if you set transfers on.
Even the didn't fired could be a side effect bug of the official bug where the AI doesn't contract with anyone.
If you has F2 2022 MyTeam teammate, you will tired of warning about "reserve driver" in Career Hub.

First, I don't understand why the F2 2022 driver's acclaim started to improve.
On top of that, the F2 2021 vanilla driver acclaim gets nasty.

Crofty has an F2 2022 driver's name. ...unlike F1 Manager 2022. So does Marc.
A deleted driver does not have a name. So does Marc.
Marc's Icon Driver's (not teammate) names have not been verified for everyone, yet.

• Deleted member 147278

Alright so, few things here.

Driver Transfer setting has been broken since at least 1.09 if not even earlier. Toggling it does absolutely nothing. CF Racing even made a video on simulating 10 seasons with the settings being off, transfers still happened.

Team not signing a replacement driver. Indeed its a know issue, no idea what the specific cause for it is, as from my testing it seems to be completely random whenever it has happened. Outside of my script I've only seen this be officially reported from people using Real season start... but with my script it seems to happen on any type of career save by looks of it. I do wonder, if the Driver Transfer setting being OFF has any play in causing this, even if the setting itself is broken currently.
On bright side, there is this potential workaround/fix of giving ability to re-assign a driver to a team that's missing one. But I've received mix reports about it actually working, as in some instances the restored driver will still end up getting kicked out of the team the following race even when there is no contract period.

And in regards to Acclaim, that indeed is interesting that the drivers started gaining it, I guess the game simply dedicated new acclaim pointers to those drivers. I was made aware of a way to assign Acclaim pointers manually, but those would just 'borrow' the existing driver Acclaim stats. So I never did get around implementing that, as the existing complexity of the values needing to replace already gave me a headache.

This brings me to the last point, with Driver Transfers currently being broken and still not being acknowledged by codies. When working on the Rating CT, I did stumble upon a memory region for driver contracts specifically, which I still haven't dissected, but if there is a way to overwrite the contract length, it maybe might be possible to simply extend the contracts to a point where AI teams simply ignore the contract periods ... again big maybe as I'm currently purely speculating.

But yeah, all in all due the general complexity of the driver transfers and me not fully grasping on what's happening under the hood. The current state of the script for, at least for career modes is just horrid. GP mode not so much to my knowledge.

My S2 ended with a happy new year.
Now 2 new things.

1. AI team auto hired F2 2022 driver.
It seems they need to earn an Acclaim.
F22022.jpg

2.Deleted Driver was not fired.
Deleted.jpg

3.Game Crash when select vanilla driver in contract screen, within the contract F2 2022 driver.

※Still Icon Driver was fired.

Icon.jpg

Besides Rating, there may be hidden flags for "immediately fired & never hired".

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 147278

My S2 ended with a happy new year.
Now 2 new things.

1. AI team auto hired F2 2022 driver.
It seems they need to earn an Acclaim.View attachment 627457

2.Deleted Driver was not fired.
View attachment 627458

3.Game Crash when select vanilla driver in contract screen, within the contract F2 2022 driver.

※Still Icon Driver was fired.

View attachment 627460

Besides Rating, there may be hidden flags for "immediately fired & never hired".
Regarding the 3rd point game crash, where you able to get past it afterwards, or are you basically now stuck on the contract negotiation days ?
And seeing hulk have the player team overalls while being a free agent is ... bit worrying, not really sure what's happening there other than something with the transfer has gone wrong.

Regarding the 3rd point game crash, where you able to get past it afterwards, or are you basically now stuck on the contract negotiation days ?
And seeing hulk have the player team overalls while being a free agent is ... bit worrying, not really sure what's happening there other than something with the transfer has gone wrong.
>Regarding the 3rd point game crash, where you able to get past it afterwards, or are you basically now stuck on the contract negotiation days ?

I got past by following steps↓
1. New F2 2022 Driver or Same F2 2022 Driver didn't crash. So select them and sign a new contract.
2.If we want contract vanilla driver, use this mod after. no crash yet.

I haven't tried all combinations, but at the moment it seems safest to use this mod for contracts with MyTeam 2nd Driver.
Even if you intend to replace it, it seems better to renew the contract.
Of course, de facto cheats that save salaries are also possible:roflmao:

>And seeing hulk have the player team overalls while being a free agent is ... bit worrying, not really sure what's happening there other than something with the transfer has gone wrong.

The reason is the MyTeam Mod I have installed.
All free agent's suit is using "Calibrate".
I don't know why, but all MyTeam modders use calibrate.
I have verified this before using the mod.

suits.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What brands would you like to see with more engagement in simracing?

• Ferrari

Votes: 313 35.2%
  • Porsche

Votes: 342 38.5%
  • BMW

Votes: 327 36.8%
  • McLaren

Votes: 213 24.0%
  • Toyota

Votes: 327 36.8%
  • Intel

Votes: 114 12.8%