Misc 

• Thread starter Deleted member 147278
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it possible to pre-set the weather for a race to different conditions? So, let's say, if I want to start a dry race with heavy rain midways and dry weather once again to the end - is that possible?
And can you pre-set different conditions in different parts of Qualifying? For example, heavy rain in Q1, light rain in Q2 and dry weather in Q3?

Also I edited the calendar for my second season, I wanted the season to start in Australia, but in the timeline it shows that the Bahrain GP would load up - which it wasn't, the Australian GP loaded, as intended. So I suppose this is just some kind of visual glitch (or I did something wrong)

Hoping for driver transfers soon... coming to the end of my first season and this makes it so much more playable for me!

Hey, I'm just wondering if it's possible for you to include a way to change the myteam cars engine supplier? There is currently a bug that doesn't let you change main sponsor/engine supplier into S2 or beyond, the game crashes whenever you try.

Thanks, great job on the table :)

Hey, I'm just wondering if it's possible for you to include a way to change the myteam cars engine supplier? There is currently a bug that doesn't let you change main sponsor/engine supplier into S2 or beyond, the game crashes whenever you try.

Thanks, great job on the tabl

Driver transfers currently are disabled as stated in the overview, but once I re-enable them, they should hopefully work the same way as F1 22 toolbox transfers.
do you know when you will enable them?

• Deleted member 147278

Is it possible to pre-set the weather for a race to different conditions? So, let's say, if I want to start a dry race with heavy rain midways and dry weather once again to the end - is that possible?
And can you pre-set different conditions in different parts of Qualifying? For example, heavy rain in Q1, light rain in Q2 and dry weather in Q3?

Also I edited the calendar for my second season, I wanted the season to start in Australia, but in the timeline it shows that the Bahrain GP would load up - which it wasn't, the Australian GP loaded, as intended. So I suppose this is just some kind of visual glitch (or I did something wrong)
Custom weather is possible, but you might have to double check how many weather nodes you are limited too by going into GP modes in-game weather editor with your selected distance. As the table assumes you always have access to 4 nodes as that's the games maximum for 100% sessions, but for something like 50% session the game might only use 3 nodes and so on.

Mismatching calendar and timeline progression has been a known visual bug ever since the original calendar editor from 22. I haven't done that much research into fixing it, and furthest I've gotten is finding the temporary cache that determines what the next visual event is, but I haven't figured out where its pulling the data from.
Initially I though it might be the "champ_schedule" component that's tied to the career save, as it has a non edited array of events in the original order, but even after editing that, game still displayed original events in the timeline.

Thanks, great job on the table :)
A hard maybe, as I currently don't want to pollute my limited time even more, as now I just want to finish my driver transfer stuff and the promised 2020 port that's been looming over my head for past few weeks.
do you know when you will enable them?
I initially had it planned for this week, but one thing lead to another and now its looking like next week. I can say for sure that the transfers themselves are working, I just need to finish up some specific DriverID stuff and contract related things to hopefully prevent the game crashes that 22 had during negotiations periods. Given its not a guarantee that those will be fixed, as I still ended up having double contract negotiations before I could progress...
Either way, it is nearly done, just have to remember at the end of the day this is something I do with my free time, whenever I have the free time and I choose to spend that free time on modding. It's not a 9/5 job, nor I want it to be, but its also the reason why I can't give specific dates/deadlines or whatever... the best I can give its going to be ready when its ready.

Thanks for the help regarding the custom weather. Turns out I didn't see the "Slots"-Variable in the table that was set to 1 initially. Changing this to 3 allows you to use three different weathers during a 50% race.

• Deleted member 147278

Derpish updated F1 23 Toolbox with a new update entry:

0.2 - Transfers, Shorter Qualifying and some fixes

I would consider the transfers partially complete, but I feel like I'm at a dead for now, so releasing it as is, for most part transfers should work, and DriverID swaps hopefully are more stable.

Change log:
  • Added back the database override for 12 min qualifying options.
  • Added Acclaim editor for drivers.
  • Added Market visibility status.
    • Basically borrowed this from my 'Un-retire' script, after a driver has retired and their contract has expired, setting...

Read the rest of this update entry...

OH MY WORD, you've done it again, and there's even an acclaim editor???

Out of curiosity again, is there any method to "unlocked" the Icon drivers so that they could be hired by the Ai teams? Because at the moment, by just swapping them into an existing team, they're not able to earn credits to lvl up their own perks because technically the team never "hired" them.

This little thing kept bothering me last year :(

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 147278

OH MY WORD, you've done it again, and there's even an acclaim editor???

Out of curiosity again, is there any method to "unlocked" the Icon drivers so that they could be hired by the Ai teams? Because at the moment, by just swapping them into an existing team, they're not able to earn credits to lvl up their own perks because technically the team never "hired" them.

This little thing kept bothering me last year :(
Unfortunately not, I was hoping that driver contract memory region would hold the secrets I needed to have some control over the contracts, but doesn't seem to be the case and still relying on whatever AI decides, which sadly for Icons means being benched at the first opportunity.

I will eventually get back to digging around but atm, I need to finish up the F1 2020 port of the toolbox that has been collecting dust since I initially launched 22 Toolbox.

If you can help me get the code that enables this option:
Code:
function obj:isPlayer()
local custom, _ = self:paddedData(self:DriverID())
return custom
end
to
Code:
return false
end
It's being able to trade "Player"{Custom} in My Team and being able to play R&D other teams and get them close in performance
Thank you very much in advance!

Attachments

• Upgrades par.png
    Upgrades par.png
    423.2 KB · Views: 89
Last edited:
This is a cool idea of a mod. I haven't tried it yet but my goal is removing De Vries on Season 2 My Team career. He's super bugged on my game. He's in Aston Martin (which doesn't deserve that seat let's be real here) and he's also driving without a helmet.

• Deleted member 147278

Code:
return custom
end
to
Code:
return false
end
It's being able to trade "Player"{Custom} in My Team and being able to play R&D other teams and get them close in performance
The code that checks if entrant is same this year as last year, all you need to do is find the same isPlayer function and make it return false
I load up the script but cant tick the box to activate the script? Anyone know why?
Make sure you open F1_23 in the Cheat engine process list.
is there the same bug as previous year that if we do a transfert before the start of the season the save will be corrupt ?
As far as im aware it appears to have been fixed whenever Codies introduced selectable tyre allocation, and changed how weekends are loaded and appears to be the same for F1 23.
So transferring before R1 should be fine now.

Code:
return custom
end
to
Code:
return false
end
Can someone explain what's going on in here? Did the toolbox somehow enabled us to tweak Ai team's R&D progression?

• Deleted member 147278

Can someone explain what's going on in here? Did the toolbox somehow enabled us to tweak Ai team's R&D progression?
In a way yes, the person removes the player transfer restriction i have in place to avoid questions like "save borked after i transferd myself in myteam", then transfer himself to all the teams, does RnD for them and transfers himself back to his original team.

In a way yes, the person removes the player transfer restriction i have in place to avoid questions like "save borked after i transferd myself in myteam", then transfer himself to all the teams, does RnD for them and transfers himself back to his original team.
Lol that's some real black magic right there :roflmao:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What brands would you like to see with more engagement in simracing?

• Ferrari

Votes: 266 37.1%
  • Porsche

Votes: 274 38.2%
  • BMW

Votes: 255 35.6%
  • McLaren

Votes: 168 23.4%
  • Toyota

Votes: 271 37.8%
  • Intel

Votes: 90 12.6%