Automobilista 2 Racing Club event
Had the day off and very late saw there was an AMS2 race. WOO!
Thing is that I had only done a few laps in the beta and never have tried the official release. Well I had 20 min to try and set things up, turned into a "how do I?" session. Still don't think I have my wheel and brakes set up properly...oh well. Time for practice. BTW I hate this track :). Practice and Quali wasn't horrible, but I just wanted to stay out of ppl's way since I hadn't really tried AMS2.

Then disaster

I saw cars flying in the air, like low flying planes.. what was that all about?

Two of them were me. On race start, I got bogged down and the guy behind me decided to just plow right through me to gain a spot (he just kept on going)

FPeDf1S.jpg

Well, at least I ended up pointing in the right direction. Joined up with the rest at T1 and kept out of the mess in the next few corners, and then got it from behind again.

n4zayrP.jpg

This time I was definitely in the wrong direction and the race was basically shot at that point. Still got 40 min, so gotta stick with it. Kept locking up my brakes going into the middle hairpin, and then here comes the leaders. I tried to stay out of the way, but apparently blue flags come up very early in AMS2. I apologize to 2nd and 3rd at the end of the front straight early on, thought there was plenty of time for you guys to get by, but I ended up running out of room. Need to realize there isn't that much of a rush to get out of the way.

By the end of the race, I was doing low 1:20s and was happy with that, just need to stay out of the mess at the beginning.

Ok, this is the second week where I've heard from people who have been punted, and then watched the culprit(s) drive off without waiting.

As a reminder to everyone racing in the AMS 2 club:

Golden Rule
If you hit another driver during a Club race and disadvantage them, you are required to slow (or stop your car if necessary) to let the other driver regain the position on you. This shows respect to your fellow drivers and will encourage drivers to be more careful. Please use some care when letting the other driver regain position, and do not immediately stop your car on the racing line where it can cause further accidents.

If it's reported and confirmed that you do not allow the driver you disadvantaged to regain their position by the end of that lap then you will receive an immediate 30 day ban from racing on RaceDepartment servers.

If I hear of this happening again next week, I won't be waiting for reports. I will instead watch the replay and penalise anyone found to be breaking our Golden Rule with a 30 day ban. It's a very simple rule and one we've had on RD pretty much since it's formation, so there's no excuse for not knowing it and not following it. It's what makes the difference between RD Clubs and public servers.

Last edited:
For the second week running I've heard from people who have been punted during our races in the AMS 2 Club, and then watched the car responsible drive off without waiting for them. This is not acceptable.

As a reminder to everyone racing in the AMS 2 Club:
Golden Rule
If you hit another driver during a Club race and disadvantage them, you are required to slow (or stop your car if necessary) to let the other driver regain the position on you. This shows respect to your fellow drivers and will encourage drivers to be more careful. Please use some care when letting the other driver regain position, and do not immediately stop your car on the racing line where it can cause further accidents.

If it's reported and confirmed that you do not allow the driver you disadvantaged to regain their position by the end of that lap then you will receive an immediate 30 day ban from racing on RaceDepartment servers.

If I hear of this happening again next week, I won't be waiting for reports. I will instead watch the replay and penalise anyone found to be breaking our Golden Rule with a 30 day ban. It's a very simple rule and one we've had on RD pretty much since it's foundation, so there's no excuse for not knowing it and not following it.

I hate banning people but I'll do it if I have to. The Golden Rule is what makes the difference between RD Clubs and public servers. Please follow it. If you need a refresher on our Club Racing Rules you can find them here, or you can watch the video summary. If you want to report an incident, click here.

Last edited:
the guy behind me decided to just plow right through me to gain a spot (he just kept on going)
As I specifically chose that car to be different from the rest of the field, this caught my attention as I had no recollection of that incident.

So decided to check my replay and it seems on my side you didn't even exist on the grid.
20200714231045_1.jpg

Anyway, apologies for hitting you even if I didn't see you or feel any impact bud.

Guess there's still a number of bugs in MP.

Fred, re flying cars.. I don't mean biffed into the air like you were in your pics, I mean cars(well, I saw 2 ) flying through the air at something like 20' or 30' in the air! I was rounding last corner and one looked like it flew into the pit straight grandstand. Was funny though.

@Gordie Gunn

That is weird, I'm not sure what my ping was on the server when I started, but I do remember seeing green when I joined.
When I was doing a qualifying run at the end, I came up to the hairpin and IIRC, it looked like a car locked up and went into the grass, and all the sudden the car warped was sitting stationary right in the racing line and I slammed into it. I didn't save the replay of quali (can you?), and i wonder if it was you. I do remember it being a blue car.

@Gordie Gunn

That is weird, I'm not sure what my ping was on the server when I started, but I do remember seeing green when I joined.
When I was doing a qualifying run at the end, I came up to the hairpin and IIRC, it looked like a car locked up and went into the grass, and all the sudden the car warped was sitting stationary right in the racing line and I slammed into it. I didn't save the replay of quali (can you?), and i wonder if it was you. I do remember it being a blue car.

I don't think these issues are ping related tbh, just some bugs that need dealt with.

I didn't run qualifying so that wasn't me. I saw cars flying around at certain points and one car was actually in mid-air on the grid when I selected them in the replay so there's definitely issues present.

Heh, kind of reminds me AC1 when it was in early access, if you didn't have server settings right, cars would be flying all around the course 100 feet in the air. Other than the warping in quali, I cant say I saw any cars flying/floating around. All the cars I was near seemed to be rock solid.

Thought that all of the cars were set up the same, but in practice I had one livery that had a rear view mirror, but I changed liveries before quali, and the car I was in didn't have a rear view mirror.

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 54 9.3%
  • Monthly

Votes: 28 4.8%
  • Yearly

Votes: 35 6.0%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.3%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 13 2.2%