Automobilista 2 Racing Club event
I was also one of the guys that left before finish.

I would like, and maybe will open a thread to ask the RD officials to refine their "quit within race rule".
After yesterday evening it feels more like a bent rule to make a example of somebody to be honest!

What if the car is broken?
What if the game crashes?
What if the connection to the server fails?
What if my kid distracts me shortly before race so that i forget to klick start?
What if my pedals fail?
What if there is something that needs immediate attention?

I´ve been given a warning without beeing asked what the reason was for leaving, same as at least two other drivers! I wrote it even in the post race post what the problem was, but i think it wasn´t taken into account.

The way it was dealt yesterday evening was just not ok!

It´s simply not fair to get a penalty if you are forced to quit or there is no realistic argument for continuing a race!!

I repeat again what my problem was:
I had no front wing left 5 minutes in the race, and in the pits it did not repair it even if it was choosen in the in car management pitstop strategy adjustements (maybe bug idk)!!

What is the point to continue the race with no front wing for 35 minutes??
Being a potentional threat to othere etc.!

Cheers Dan

The duration of the event, I suppose, could be judged by lap time and the number of competitors.
Not feasible. We have no way of knowing the grid size before race night. You can't set the type of event at the last minute as it's simply not fair on those who put in proper race practice. Also, RD nearly always runs longer events for the classes that tend to run longer races in real life. They work fine everywhere else, so why make exceptions here?

... a complete reverse grid for Race 2.
Not possible. AMS 2 does not have this feature, or even the ability to run a proper two race format. This is why we are returned to the lobby mid-way through two-race events. It's also why grip in race two is far less causing more spins and crashes... the track condition is reset so is practically still green after the five minute superpole, as opposed to being rubbered in after a full practice and qualifying session.

I would like, and maybe will open a thread to ask the RD officials to refine their "quit within race rule".
The rule is very clear. But given the complaints you stated in your PM about the rule not stating everyone is expected to finish, it is rather obvious that you haven't even read our rules properly.

What if the car is broken?
Damage should be disabled, and I didn't receive any in the race or in practice. Perhaps a bug is causing damage to occur when it shouldn't, but it doesn't stop you getting it fixed in the pits.

What if the game crashes?
What if the connection to the server fails?
What if my kid distracts me shortly before race so that i forget to klick start?
What if my pedals fail?
What if there is something that needs immediate attention?
Then you take the hit. If we allow excuses like those then every single time someone quits a race, they'll just say "lost connection". Since this rule has not caused any issues in well over ten years of club racing on RD, I don't see why it is suddenly such an issue for you now. Internet connections are a lot better than they were a decade ago. Unfortunately, attitudes aren't.

The fact is that I have repeatedly mentioned the rules in an attempt to get people to follow them without the need for any action to be taken. However, people have continued to ignore them. It took someone finally getting banned for people to wake up to the Golden Rule, and it looks like warnings and penalties are now the only way to get people to wake up to the rest of our very simple club rules.

I hate penalising people and all the BS that comes with it, but if it's the only way to get people to respect RD and each other, then so be it.

@Goffik :

I give up, you've won!
Not because this discussion led to something, just because to get my mind free of this and go on enjoying RD for what it is and what I choose to be here. A friendly place, with friendly, not offensive, persons where fun in racing has priority number one.

See you next time on track everybody!

Cheers Dan

Last edited:
Sure, because being expected to follow the rules of our community is so terribly "offensive", isn't it Daniel? Your attitude towards both me and RD's rules has been abysmal both here and in the PM you sent me. Throw all the tantrums you like, but it won't make you exempt. Your public accusation and the fact that you claimed our rules don't say something they clearly do is proof enough that you haven't even read them, so how can you be so surprised when you're warned for breaking them? I strongly suggest that you go back and read through them thoroughly before joining any other club races.

P3 Roco 001.png

Welcome to the AMS 2 racing club! This is the place to be for relaxed, friendly racing and our events are open to everybody from complete rookies to seasoned pros. You will always find people around your level to battle with, so jump on in! If you need any help then please don't hesitate to ask here or on Discord... there's no such thing as a stupid question!

All premium members can sign up for this event. Sign up below and make sure to tag fellow community members who you think are up for a challenge! Not a premium member yet but interested in racing with our group of friendly drivers? Click here for more information and learn how you can participate.

Racing Club Rules: Click here or Watch the Video Summary
Incident Reporting: Click here
Server Password: Click here
Discord Server:
Click here

We highly recommend that you join us on Discord and that you use an app called Crew Chief, which gives you an audio spotter and much more!

Server Name:
RaceDepartment Racing Club - EU
Class: P3 - Roco 001
Track: Campo Grande

Tuesday 25/08/20
Practice:
19:00 UTC (30 minutes)
Qualifying 1: 19:30 UTC (15 minutes)
Race 1: 19:45 UTC (20 minutes)
Qualifying 2: 20:05 UTC (5 minutes)
Race 2: 20:10 UTC (20 minutes)

Roco 001 - 30 Slots
  1. Goffik - Goffik
  2. Daniel R. - (Real name)
  3. Gordie Gunn - (Forum name)
  4. Luca Antinori - (Forum name)
  5. Balazs Floszmann - NavyFlipperHUN
  6. Zsozsa - zsozsa74
  7. alpebo - (Real name)
  8. Frank Lehmann - Ernie
  9. Calvyn White - (Forum name)
  10. r3DlIN3R - Pedro Domingues
  11. max1966i - (Forum name)
  12. Kiraly - Robert Kiraly
  13. PurgerUK - (Forum name)
  14. Jacob Marshall - (Real name)
  15. Matt Rosum - Shekk
  16. peter1512 - Micropitt
  17. Fatalist88 - Fatalist
  18. Daniel Nieto - (Forum name)
  19. Mark Gardner - gmr1606
  20. Jopamir - (Forum name)
  21. JoshMont - (Forum name)
  22. Manos Papangleou - Econ
  23. Zimmer Man - (Forum name)
  24. Nicoboks - (Nicolas Boks)
  25. Free slot
  26. Free slot
  27. Free slot
  28. Free slot
  29. Free slot

Reserves
  1. Reserve
  2. Reserve

UTP#50

Last edited:
Additional Information

1) When signing up you must post your Steam ID, so that we know who is who.

2) You must ensure that you have read and understood our Racing Club Rules before signing up. Ignorance is no excuse.

3) Do not click the Exit button at the end of qualifying. Just wait for the session to advance automatically.

4) There will be a two minute timer between qualifying and the race. You must confirm you are ready before it ends or you will be automatically DQ'd.

5) If the event uses a two race format, you will be returned to the lobby after race one. Simply head back to the track and there will be a five minute "super-pole" followed by race two.

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 475 70.1%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 288 42.5%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 312 46.0%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 139 20.5%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 182 26.8%
Back