Automobilista 2 Racing Club event
Sorry guys, but I'm not making every event 2x20. No other club on RD does that or has ever done that. We like variety because, as mentioned above, it gets tedious doing the same thing week on week. In addition, it does little to help people build the varied skills necessary to race in more serious competitions, such as maintaining concentration and consistency for more than a sprint race.

Last but not least, our clubs need to try and cater to a variety of preferences, not just those of the vocal minority.

(For the record, I myself prefer shorter sprint-style racing. I also prefer slower classes which promote closer, more exciting racing. But even staff can't just use their preferred combos every week, because it's not fair on everyone else.)

I don't usually bother messing with setups, but one change people might want to consider for this race is ride height. 1988 Hockenheimring is a very bumpy track, and there are at least two points where you're turning into a corner and the car can scrape the ground. If it catches you unawares it can put you into a spin.

Evening to forget.
Unfortunately @Goffik did not leave much room while overtaking, so I crashed head on in the barrier.

After that front wing was gone, but it did not get repaired when I was in the pits.
Sorry for giving up but there is no point driving half an hour without wing.

See u next time

That was a fun race guys, hard work trying to keep it pointing in the right direction. Unfortunately my sound was playing tricks on me and twice I lost my own engine sound but could hear other effects. Only way I found to fix it was to press Retire then it was magically fixed :thumbsup:

Just had a look at the start of the race on Ross's stream and looks like I nudged someone off at turn 1- sorry about that. The strange thing on my end was it didn't look like anyone started in P3 as the grid slot was empty. Seems I've got a few gremlins on my end to iron out.

Last edited:
I went for the race distance on the tyres and they were fine, some understeer later on but it was fine. Maybe I’m just too scared of pitting in this game only to have my race ruined by incompetence in the driver and pit crew...

cheers everyone

Unfortunately @Goffik did not leave much room while overtaking, so I crashed head on in the barrier.
Is that a joke or what? You should check your facts before making accusations Daniel. My stream (5:50) for example, or the replay I've just watched.

I was almost entirely AHEAD of you BEFORE the braking zone, fair and square, on the approach to a chicane which is taken at high speed in close to a straight line. What exactly did you think was going to happen? That I'd swerve left and jump the curbs? That I'd slam on the brakes and give up the position I had fairly won? You'd lost the place, you should have backed out, but you didn't and you paid the price. Poor decision making on your part, not mine.

D.jpg

Also, next time you want to bitch about someone, even if you're actually right about the incident, do it in private.

Last edited:
Albeit I crashed a few times (at the same point on laps one and two), forgot to put fuel in and was 4 seconds slower than everyone else.... I did enjoy that.

However, I understand that I quit the race. I was two laps down, 50 seconds of the race to go and could not travel in a straight line so went to pits and exited from there. I am not sure that impacts on the enjoyment for others and appreciate I could have sat in pits until the end but didn't. I accept that I broke the rules, and the warning that goes with it, sorry for that.

I may try again at some point.

What do I think?
The duration of the event, I suppose, could be judged by lap time and the number of competitors. For instance, for this event with nine competitors, I would have chosen two 20 minutes and a complete reverse grid for Race 2. Small numbers big race time makes for significant gaps which there was. Seventeen plus entries would have made much more of a battle of the 40 minutes race.
Like Ross, I do like the variety. And I would like to see the flexibility of race time length do suit the situation of entries I've been high or low. Whilst bearing in mind lap length time. Not an easy task to figure out an ideal combo, but I do see the flexibility of race time in certain situations helping maybe.

Nine entries five finishers.
Not a good start results and indeed not a finish of one. May I remind everyone if you enter an event, we are expecting you to finish. I understand things can go wrong, been there, done that. But never let the frustration for whatever reasons that get the better of you. A bad habit which takes the time up you has for improvement. Surviving, finishing, sticking with it no matter what is the road to Victory.

Enjoy the race with this constant shaking of the Horizon or the car is just over the top. It's certainly can do with a bit of dialling down, in my opinion.
Still can't figure out how to configure individual buttons to my wheel. But enough about that.:devilish:

I've been trying out the game, so I thought I would go for a pitstop in and out the pits just fine, but I just sat the box they put the fuel in and then stood there holding the tires not putting them on it took them not to put them on about 10 seconds. :roflmao: And yes I did make a profile I'll, and yes I did use the pit request button. A bug I do believe there was another driver who had an incident regarding his pitstop.

Anyway, thank you for the race guys.:)
Well done to the podium finishes and well done all who finished.

Last edited:

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 54 9.3%
  • Monthly

Votes: 28 4.8%
  • Yearly

Votes: 35 6.0%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.3%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 13 2.2%