That image alone looks amazing and I am excited to hear more from this new title...but I can wait patiently and then one day....BOOM....the entire finished Sim arrives for purchase on PC....heart beating with share excitement....wallet being ripped open to get money out....smashing on the 'Purchase' button...download you bas*&%$#d.....euphoria ensues.....ahhhh...errr...was I thinking out loud then:redface:
Did you miss the information about that this title will be arcade and not sim? Just checking since that info came not long ago and i myself was stunned and cleared the game out of my mind. :D

So many game and unreal engine experts in one tread , wow

Well in defence of AmarildoJr, he does have experience with working with the Unreal4 Engine, I have tried some of his wip projects that he created using the UE4.

Otherwise I agree with your post, to many think they know it all comments here on RD. :sneaky:

I do not understand why so many people still refer and expect GTR3 to be sim as they already have stated:
We see GTR3 as kind of the gateway. If people play it and love it, the next step would be RaceRoom. R3E is a solid simulation product, that’s not what GTR3 is going to be perceived as.

Seems like people that comment here have a 5 second memory span.
SimBin UK said that they only have a working proof of concept of GTR3 running on Playstation 4, not on Windows PC, so all the art work being shown are from a PS4.

Last edited:
Well in defence of AmarildoJr, he does have experience with working with the Unreal4 Engine, I have tried some of his wip projects that he created using the UE4.

Otherwise I agree with your post, to many think they know it all comments here on RD. :sneaky:

Seems like people that comment here have a 5 second memory span.
SimBin UK said that they only have a working proof of concept of GTR3 running on Playstation 4, not on Windows PC, so all the art work being shown are from a PS4.
Why?

What happened to the other car that was hidden under the checkered flag? It was clearly not an Aston. And why was the BMWz4 they used for the past several years so much better looking than the image above?
The whole thing reeks of bs. Why would you "tease" one car, then a few weeks later reveal a completely different manufacturer?

Also the title of the article seems incorrect as well... we have already seen images of a Porsche, BMW and some other mystery car so how exactly is this Aston a "First Car image"?

Last edited:
have you ever noticed this for example ? .. gran turismo livery screengrabs, you can see the actual model without tesselation, and you might be suprised how "basic" the model is, yet in screenshot mode those things are from a different world

of course not saying that that's exactly the case with Simbin, but it easily could be
8430840837091361800_23.jpg
That looks more like an example of a lower lod or a model without sub division(which I doubt tehy used because real time sub d is a very expensive effect). Tessellation raises geometry based on mapping. I think tessellation would maybe help with the bonnet of this AMG GT3 for example however it would not smooth out the wheel arches.

Hold your horses :) GTR3 is not an equal / competator to ACC! GTR3 is to be a Multiplatform, so really another market. On the other hand Unreal4 will be great when it comes into Raceroom. So that is great for us PC gamers and Simulator-enthusiasts.
- But GT3R is for the consolle users and gamers.

Latest News

What brands would you like to see with more engagement in simracing?

• Ferrari

Votes: 286 36.3%
  • Porsche

Votes: 303 38.5%
  • BMW

Votes: 286 36.3%
  • McLaren

Votes: 186 23.6%
  • Toyota

Votes: 292 37.1%
  • Intel

Votes: 99 12.6%